Jim Ragsdale: Minnesota -- broke, a l...

Jim Ragsdale: Minnesota -- broke, a little bloated, and now looking...

There are 119 comments on the TwinCities.com story from May 21, 2010, titled Jim Ragsdale: Minnesota -- broke, a little bloated, and now looking.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

He goes on long trips without explanation. He comes home and criticizes my appearance, even as he pays greater attention to his own image.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jon

Saint Paul, MN

#2 May 21, 2010
T-paw, hopefully your replacement will be one with the ability to think rationally and work across aisles...

And find a better way to fix budgets than just withholding school funding for a year. I could just not pay my mortgage for a year but after that what happens?
Truth

Burnsville, MN

#3 May 21, 2010
Ragsdale is a complete idiot. You should be praying that Keliher, Entenza and Dayton get lost togher on one your their yachts. This State needs Emmer and Conservative leadership in the legislature to put our fiscal house back in order.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
love it

Saint Paul, MN

#5 May 21, 2010
Very insightful. Timmy's been jaded and bitter ever since McCain chose that knucklehead from Alaska over him. He was SO SURE he was a lock and then "bang"... like a kick to the groin. However, I still believe Pawlenty loves his home state. It's just politics. You have to tell the GOP what they want to hear if you want them to throw their support behind you.

Since: Jan 10

Minneapolis, MN

#6 May 21, 2010
Headline should have been:

Time to face it, Pioneer Press -- Ragsdale is a washed-up hack of a writer
Freedom Lover

Minneapolis, MN

#7 May 21, 2010
Jon wrote:
T-paw, hopefully your replacement will be one with the ability to think rationally and work across aisles...
And find a better way to fix budgets than just withholding school funding for a year. I could just not pay my mortgage for a year but after that what happens?
If the tax and spend liberals win the governaor office all that will be left in minnesota will be welfare recipient's governmant workers, and politician's. Oops, one in the same.
Not Vindicated

Saint Paul, MN

#8 May 21, 2010
Pawlenty built his career on the myth that Minnesota is a high tax state. Its his best sound bite. Problem is, it's just not true.

Read the budget bill carefully, and it's apparent that Pawlenty balanced nothing. All he did was defer the deficit and the pain until he's out of office. After it hits the fan in 2011, he will crow about how good things were when he was ruler.

Structurally, Pawlenty threw the sails, the anchor and the life preservers off the boat in the middle of the storm. I'm glad he sunk down to Iowa, as it will save us the trouble of riding him out on a rail.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Reg and the PFJ

San Francisco, CA

#9 May 21, 2010
To "Ersatz" Minnesota: Wake up to yourself! Your not just "big-boned," your government spending BMI is off the charts! You've sat around this trash-strewn house, watching Al Franken on C-SPAN and pining away for the days of FDR, while your neighbors (South Dakota for one), straightened up and lured away your businesses. They cleaned up and got all tarted-up and stood outside your door, "Come hither big employers, and enjoy my perky low-taxes and safe cities." Whenever T-Paw tried to point out that you may need some help, you threw fits and furniture, and screamed about "The rich!" and "everything's unfair!" and "There's nothing wrong with me! You're just evil and greedy and a big stupid-head Republican!" No wonder he left you and your illegitimate kids. I guess you'll end up alone (like in 1984), surrounded by cats and Ben-and-Jerry's, wondering why the world hates you while everyone else goes on with their lives.
Captain Obvious

Saint Paul, MN

#11 May 21, 2010
Here's another source that shows how much we pay in taxes...#6 highest in the country...

http://www.forbes.com/2010/03/12/most-taxed-s...
Not Vindicated wrote:
Pawlenty built his career on the myth that Minnesota is a high tax state. Its his best sound bite. Problem is, it's just not true.
Read the budget bill carefully, and it's apparent that Pawlenty balanced nothing. All he did was defer the deficit and the pain until he's out of office. After it hits the fan in 2011, he will crow about how good things were when he was ruler.
Structurally, Pawlenty threw the sails, the anchor and the life preservers off the boat in the middle of the storm. I'm glad he sunk down to Iowa, as it will save us the trouble of riding him out on a rail.
Jeremy Powers

Minneapolis, MN

#12 May 21, 2010
Do hillbilly conservative bloggers with names like "fredom" and "Truth" -- neither of which are truth -- just hang out here waiting for someone to say somewthing that doesn't fint into their nice, neat, one-page mind.

Let's face it. Pawlenty, like him or not, hasn't been focused on Minnesota in more than two years. Get over it. He wants out of here to go play with the big boys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
2010 is now

Forest Lake, MN

#13 May 21, 2010
Jeremy Powers wrote:
Do hillbilly conservative bloggers with names like "fredom" and "Truth" -- neither of which are truth -- just hang out here waiting for someone to say somewthing that doesn't fint into their nice, neat, one-page mind.
Let's face it. Pawlenty, like him or not, hasn't been focused on Minnesota in more than two years. Get over it. He wants out of here to go play with the big boys.
Not a huge Pawlenty fan but I have to say in the last two years the way I see he's saved about $4 Billion in spending the Democrats wanted to spend in the midst of a rather hefty budget deficit.
Addy

Hopkins, MN

#14 May 21, 2010
Way to go Love the story we all know it and see Our dear gov is a complete idiot---- Thats needs a good does of Karma!
Jason

Minneapolis, MN

#15 May 21, 2010
Well put Jeremy, unfortunately even people of his own party won't admit what he is doing because they are to loyal to "the party". People like to forget about the truth if it could make a party that they belong to look bad, it's one of the biggest problems in Amercian politics today, it's all about forget the truth and protect your favorite party at all costs.
Roger A

La Crosse, WI

#16 May 21, 2010
You are binging on an illegal substance that has affected your brain. Please consult someone who understands what survival actual means and can give you counsel.
R Peltier

Plymouth, MN

#18 May 21, 2010
We can thank T.P. for keeping us out of the same kind of mess California and many other(dem controlled) states are in. When Mark Dayton wins the gov. election watch the money fly out of your wallets.
P.S. I for one would like to see T.P run for the senate, I don't think he's presidential...yet, although he's far more qualified than O'Bammy ever will.
Of No Party

Minneapolis, MN

#19 May 21, 2010
Freedom Lover and Truth,

This is coming from someone who voted for T-Pa twice, get a life. Your drivel and lack of humor is one of the main reasons conservatives have so much trouble getting any respect in the first place.

Let's look at the facts. We all KNOW that Pawlenty is running for President or sure as heck exploring it. The columnist found a creative way to talk about that venture. Of course there are parts of it that I disagree with, but for the most part it is a unique take on the situation. It's funny and creative. Maybe your lashing out is because the writing shows a quality that the two of you don't have. I don't know, but I do know your posts are boorish and not going to convince anyone to see things your way.

Not every single item in the paper has to be US vs. THEM. You two really need to stop listening to the Noise machine because all you two are espousing is a philosophy of Southern populism. That's the modern GOP brand at best, much to my chagrin. And believe me, Southern populism is not going to win another election in MN. If you really think that what you are saying is the way to go, I'd suggest moving to the South. You'll find a lot more support there come November than you will in MN. I'm sorry to say it because I've been a long time conservative, but I call it like I see it.

Sit back, take a breath, and try to grow a sense of humor. Nobody is perfect and that applies to our side and theirs. I'm sure you would have loudly applauded this effort if we had replaced the name of Pawlenty with Humphrey or Mondale. You guys are a mile wide. Time to try and start digging past that inch you two have in depth.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE TRUTH HURTS

Minneapolis, MN

#20 May 21, 2010
PAWLENTY: DO THIS STATE A FAVOR AND ***RESIGN*** IF YOU ARE GOING TO CONTINUE WITH YOUR JOKE OF A CAMPAIGN FOR EVEN HIGHER OFFICE.

I suggest you are at the Peters Principle right now: everyone gets promoted to one level higher than they should be. It becomes apparent once they step up to that next level.
Hey Freedom Lover

Maple Grove, MN

#21 May 21, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>If the tax and spend liberals win the governaor office all that will be left in minnesota will be welfare recipient's governmant workers, and politician's. Oops, one in the same.
Maybe you should become a spell check lover so you don't look so unedumacated!
2010 is now

Forest Lake, MN

#22 May 21, 2010
Jason wrote:
Well put Jeremy, unfortunately even people of his own party won't admit what he is doing because they are to loyal to "the party". People like to forget about the truth if it could make a party that they belong to look bad, it's one of the biggest problems in Amercian politics today, it's all about forget the truth and protect your favorite party at all costs.
I agree. We are left with the choice of selecting the lessor of two evils... depending on how we each see evil.
abcdefghi

United States

#25 May 21, 2010
jim ragsdale..........well put!!!!!!
good job
duck cheney

Minneapolis, MN

#27 May 21, 2010
Freedom Lover wrote:
<quoted text>If the tax and spend liberals win the governaor office all that will be left in minnesota will be welfare recipient's governmant workers, and politician's. Oops, one in the same.
I think it's governor and government (not governaor and governmant). I believe the saying is "one and the same". "One in the same" has homosexual connotations, which I'm sure you don't have.

I love freedom too. Freedom for all. Not just those who agree with me, meet my expectations and/or have the ability to spell well, comprehend rules of punctuation and speak intelligently.

Whatever happened to the Arne Carlson wing of the Republican Party? Someone you could have a legitimate disagreement with without fearing for your personal safety. I digress.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

International Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
International Falls Music Thread (Sep '13) Jun '15 Musikologist 7
News Kokua Line: Star-Bulletin 1st Extra Ed. May '15 Lisa Verhoek 1
News WTF, Summer? It's 103 Degrees in Canada, 55 in ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Petal Power 2
News Calendar says spring, but winter refuses to go ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mets Fan Forever 6
News Free Roller Coaster Ride (Jan '14) Jan '14 will interest rat... 1
News Mine expansion to claim vital Iron Range highway (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sandra Holmestad 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

International Falls Mortgages