Historic bridge in northern Minnesota finds new home on Washing...

There are 5 comments on the Jun 10, 2009, TwinCities.com story titled Historic bridge in northern Minnesota finds new home on Washing.... In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A historic, 132-year-old bridge soon will find a new home in Washington County. But it will have to travel more than 200 miles first.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

This is needed

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Jun 10, 2009
Great news. This has been needed in this area for a long time. I am not a regular on this trail, but I grew up close to this area they are going to place it at. The area has been dangerous for many years. Good and yes I am a washington county tax payer
Hastings Guy

Hastings, MN

#3 Jun 10, 2009
$2.8 million for an outdated 132 year old bridge!? Are you kidding me? Sure, Washington County got a deal for $100,000 but who's paying for the other $2.7 million? Don't bitch about health care for the poor, veteran's benfits, etc., when we're paying for this stuff. I guess after we take a bike ride across the bridge we can go down to the restored Shubert Theater ($2million) for a great show. I'm sure the federal government will bail us out....not!

Since: Jan 09

MN

#4 Jun 10, 2009
Hastings Guy wrote:
$2.8 million for an outdated 132 year old bridge!? Are you kidding me? Sure, Washington County got a deal for $100,000 but who's paying for the other $2.7 million? Don't **** about health care for the poor, veteran's benfits, etc., when we're paying for this stuff. I guess after we take a bike ride across the bridge we can go down to the restored Shubert Theater ($2million) for a great show. I'm sure the federal government will bail us out....not!
Isn't government great? And people think that socialize health care will work.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jun 10, 2009
300,000 trail users, B.S.- more wasted tax payer money !
FL Guy

Scottsdale, AZ

#8 Jun 11, 2009
Dennis Hegberg are you drinking again? You're going to have 2.8 million tax dollars spent on a used bridge when you could buy a new one for 1 million? You're nuts! I won't even get into the 'if we should even be buying a bridge' because your position is so absurd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

International Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
International Falls Music Thread (Sep '13) Dec '14 Musikologist 6
News WTF, Summer? It's 103 Degrees in Canada, 55 in ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Petal Power 2
News Calendar says spring, but winter refuses to go ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mets Fan Forever 6
News Free Roller Coaster Ride (Jan '14) Jan '14 will interest rat... 1
News Mine expansion to claim vital Iron Range highway (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sandra Holmestad 1
News Man accused of racially motivated shooting (Jan '06) Aug '13 headly 7
Where are they? (Aug '13) Aug '13 Icebox 3
More from around the web

International Falls People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]