Cold one in the 'Icebox' breaks record

Cold one in the 'Icebox' breaks record

There are 1 comment on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 11, 2008, titled Cold one in the 'Icebox' breaks record. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

International Falls, Minn., lived up to its nickname. The temperature fell to 40 below zero Monday , just days after the town won a U.S. trademark as "Icebox of the Nation." "This is about as cold as it gets; ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

sowhat

Plainfield, IL

#1 Feb 12, 2008
I remember when this was the inspiration for Frostbite Falls, Minnesota, and that was in the 1960s. A record for one day isn't as impressive as if it had broken its all time record.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

International Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Minnesota ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Richard Vickerman 17
International Falls Music Thread (Sep '13) Jun '15 Musikologist 7
News Kokua Line: Star-Bulletin 1st Extra Ed. May '15 Lisa Verhoek 1
News WTF, Summer? It's 103 Degrees in Canada, 55 in ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Petal Power 2
News Calendar says spring, but winter refuses to go ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mets Fan Forever 6
News Free Roller Coaster Ride (Jan '14) Jan '14 will interest rat... 1
News Mine expansion to claim vital Iron Range highway (Nov '13) Nov '13 Sandra Holmestad 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

International Falls Mortgages