Moving to TC from Alpena

Posted in the Interlochen Forum

noname

Grass Lake, MI

#1 Oct 9, 2013
I moved from TC to Alpena, after moving from Alpena to Tc, and living there 7 years. My father subsequently died, and I have been living on and off with family . I am in my second year of college here at Acc, and I am doing pretty ok. I am going for MIS, and plan on transferring to Northwood on my last year. I was quite young when I lived in Tc, and TC has changed quite a bit, so I am wondering if it would fit my personality. Here is what I like:

Hackerspaces ( I hear they have two. I tried starting on here, but no one bit. So this would be great to be part of.)

Libertarian/anarchist politics (From what I understood, it seemed that TC was a pro business environment, but there was a decent gay population, as well as a push for medical marijuana. I wouldn't mind forming a party, or even volunteer for NORML or similar things. As for my anarchist side, I am more influence by Murray Rothbard, Ron Paul, and the Austrian Economics. I tried forming a chapter in Alpena, but no one seemed interested)

Aspergers Compatibility/Jobs: I have Asperger's,and I have been looking for work and applying to many places, but my search is limited, since I can't handle fast paced enviroments, so I am looking for more back room activities, where I don't need to interact as much. Also, being a tad more tolerant would be nice, although I am more put up with here, I would like to be able to thrive.

Entrepreneurial Opportunities: I am quite entrepreneurial, but I have found that Alpena and online a tad competitive or lacking wealth. It would be nice to maybe eventually do some entrepreneurial things, although I lean more towards investing, like stocks, commodities, and as of late real estate has interested me.

Do you think Traverse City would fit my personality well?
not TC

Gaylord, MI

#2 Oct 12, 2013
Not TC. Go west young gay man. Go west. Or our nations capital. Pretty gay there. Or toronto. Lots of "your kinda people" there. PEACE.
no name

Grass Lake, MI

#3 Oct 13, 2013
Actually I am not gay. I was just saying that it seems like there would be more social libertarianism, that is all. I am straight :D . my point was that I wanted to be in a city that was more libertarian.
not TC

Gaylord, MI

#4 Oct 19, 2013
no name wrote:
Actually I am not gay. I was just saying
I get it... um, its ok. You'll come to terms on your own time. In today's society I can see how coming out could be tricky. Lots of us, what you call "breeders", think gays are fine to do what they crave.
no name

North Branch, MI

#5 Oct 20, 2013
But I want teh wimmenz XD . I am not being dispariging to gays, lesbians or what not. Actually, I care more about polygamy, pot, prostitution, or finances that I do about gay marriage. In any case, if you are insinuating you are gay, it is alright. We all have freedoms we want :) . For me, it would be thethe issues mentioned :D . Teach his own I guess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interlochen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shame On Madonna For Not Helping Homeless Brother? (Oct '11) 6 hr Jaimie 12
Review: Canine Clippers Mobile Dog Grooming 11 hr Anonymous 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Traverse City, MI (Jul '10) Dec 20 justsomeguy 115
Great Lakes Water Level Slump Over, Future Unclear Dec 13 Sneaky Pete 1
Traverse City Music Thread (Sep '13) Nov 30 texas pete 26
Grand Rapids ArtPrize effects cross the globe Nov 30 Jack 2
Best DUI attorney? (May '13) Nov 30 Jack 5
Interlochen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web