Florida teen survives pit bull attack...

Florida teen survives pit bull attack, receives 900 stiches -- ...

There are 195 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Jul 28, 2007, titled Florida teen survives pit bull attack, receives 900 stiches -- .... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

A teenager who needed 900 stitches after her family's pit bull attacked her is recovering at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Master Mac

Hollywood, FL

#193 Aug 4, 2007
Ilovepitbulls wrote:
P.S. Hey Master Mac, The articulate speller........it's Shepherd NOT sheppard......MORON! HA HA!

My bad, you really zinged me with that one...its a good thing you were paying attention to the grammar and spelling, rather than the content. the world is a safer place, thanks professor, blogging is a safer place now because of you...
HBinFLA

Plant City, FL

#194 Aug 4, 2007
Thanks, I did some, and I'm no expert, but this website seems to be http://dogbitelaw.com/ . There is a lot of evidence that pit bulls cause the most deaths and maimings via authoritative reports on this site. Yes, there are other breeds (this site states Rottweilers) that cause a lot of harm, but pitts are also way up there compared to other "family pet" breeds such as lab or other breeds.
Ilovepitbulls

Tampa, FL

#195 Aug 4, 2007
I am only entertaining myself because my pit bull is eating my neighbor right now. For those of you who want pit bulls dead don't worry 6,ooo A DAY are killed in U.S. shelters. That should give you all wet dreams. I'm no math wizard but that is over 2 million a year.
So there ya go!
Humans 2 million vs. pit bulls 4
RUN DOGGIES RUN! THE HUMANS ARE COMING! Lock your doors and hide your babies!
We are a sick society that thinks we are the only ones that matter. We slaughter animals by the millions, destroy their environments, abuse neglect and exploit them. People WAKE UP! Stop pretending we are so damn special and innocent. We are the sick [email protected]! The headlines are a JOKE! "Elephant goes crazy" CRAZY? CRAZY?
He was trying to get away from the [email protected] that was stabbing him with a stick!!!
Master Mac

Hollywood, FL

#196 Aug 4, 2007
Ilovepitbulls wrote:
I am only entertaining myself because my pit bull is eating my neighbor right now. For those of you who want pit bulls dead don't worry 6,ooo A DAY are killed in U.S. shelters. That should give you all wet dreams. I'm no math wizard but that is over 2 million a year.
So there ya go!
Humans 2 million vs. pit bulls 4
RUN DOGGIES RUN! THE HUMANS ARE COMING! Lock your doors and hide your babies!
We are a sick society that thinks we are the only ones that matter. We slaughter animals by the millions, destroy their environments, abuse neglect and exploit them. People WAKE UP! Stop pretending we are so damn special and innocent. We are the sick [email protected]! The headlines are a JOKE! "Elephant goes crazy" CRAZY? CRAZY?
He was trying to get away from the [email protected] that was stabbing him with a stick!!!

I honestly hope your pitbull actually lives a good healthy life and is a family oriented dog.. i also love all animals and am no tree hugger.. there's alot of problems in society, especially with the sensationalism in the media, but when you witness a mauling first hand from a "family pet that is a great animal" your perspective changes a little.. so again, enjoy your sarcasm and hope karma doesnt rear its ugly head and your precious pit dont maul your neighbors kid or yours if you actually produced an offspring, because if it does you'll be paying financially but moreover emotionally if you have any.. have a nice life...
Ilovepitbulls

Tampa, FL

#197 Aug 5, 2007
My sarcasm is a sad attempt to get people to realize the reality of the situation. The thought of a dog ripping at someone's face, attacking, killing, mauling, is a horrible one. I would certainly not want to see it first hand. These "crazy" dogs are less than 1% of the dog population and are obviously demented, sick or abused in some fashion. They remind me of the individuals in our society that kill, molest, rape etc. There is no excuse for these individuals in our society and NO excuse for dogs who behave this way. They should be put down period. For every pit bull that kills there are 10.5 million that don't. You DO not profile and irradicate an entire breed! A man tried to irridicate a specific group of people once. Perhaps you know him .....Hitler!
I do have 2 children 9 and 12. I have a pit bull, a shitzu, and 3 cats. An average of 3 people a year are killed by pit bulls. 4o people a year drown in a 5 gallon bucket. 15o are killed by falling coconuts! I am going to keep my dog and invest in hard hats for my kids.
scared of coconuts

Tampa, FL

#198 Aug 5, 2007
Please note my new name. Thank you. Ilovepitbulls.
Master Mac

Hollywood, FL

#199 Aug 5, 2007
scared of coconuts wrote:
Please note my new name. Thank you. Ilovepitbulls.
perhaps you change your name to coconuts for brains, comparing a sociopath who tried to ERADICATE (not iradicate mr. articulate speller)an entire race of people to people who want a known aggressive species of animal not eradicated but monitored.. your a moron. and by all means, punish the individual not the breed. i like pits, rotties, huskies, and my beloved shepherds, also like mastiffs,(unfortunate for ving rhames at this moment if reports are true). but i see how you like stats, and well, pitbulls are guilty of more attacks than any other breed... i know thats only whats reported, more pitbull sensationalism. blah blah blah blah blah. hopefully you'll never witness what i did...
scared of coconuts

Tampa, FL

#200 Aug 5, 2007
I LOVE IT! I knew the correct spelling I just had to prove to my fiancee that I got to you! You are soooo predictable! I don't believe I will ever witness a "mauling". First if I ever saw an animal attack someone I would stop it. Not grab some popcorn and settle in!
scared of coconuts

Tampa, FL

#201 Aug 5, 2007
by the way that would be Ms. Articulate speller. Thank You.
Master Mac

Hollywood, FL

#202 Aug 5, 2007
scared of coconuts wrote:
by the way that would be Ms. Articulate speller. Thank You.

So articulate that you even went so far as to spell it wrong in 2 different ways, you are good. hopefully ms.articulate you wont be practicing your sarcasm or your amazing mind tricks in predictability to your fiancee while your dog is chewing someones face off.. i happen to work in the ems field and take things like this a little bit more serious, and i have had the unfortunate task of holding a 9 y/o girls left lower jaw in place while tranporting her to a trauma center.. i also witnessed a police office fire 4 slugs into a mastiff because i couldnt get to the women he just mauled to render assistance... so take your sarcasm and shove it. but dont worry, if your dog happens to turn on you or one of your loved ones, i'll put my popcorn down and make sure you get the best pre-hospital care that can be provided. and thats probably the one thing you can actually predict..
scared of coconuts

Tampa, FL

#203 Aug 5, 2007
OK. Thank you.
Pit bull

Croatia

#204 Aug 14, 2007
I have a pit bull,he is really wonderfull.There is a lot of pits that atacks other dogs and humans,but they do it because of their owners.Try to remember:BAN THE DEED,NOT THE BREED!!!
doug

Taipei, Taiwan

#205 Jun 27, 2008
I have pit bull types that I keep not as pets.

Some of the pit bull pet owners on here are not listening to the facts.

People are not saying they attack anymore than other dogs, they are saying the create more damage and when the attack happens and it is more prolonged than with other dogs. The problem for the pit bull is happening because of all the idiot housewife pet owners that are subscribing to the "it's all the way you raise them theory".
Pit bulls were used for fighting other animals including WAIT FOR IT !!!!!! Bears and HUMANS.
Yes pit bulls were also used for human baiting with success.
As for American pit bull well Diane Jessup the so called "house wife expert" and Ceasar (whatever his name) claim that pit bull are less aggressive to human's because the human aggressive ones were not tolerated by dog fighters in the pit. For fear that they would turn on their master in the pit. Ha ha ha what a load of baloney. Most of the most famous AMERICAN pure pit bull terriers are descended from human aggressive dogs that were well know for attacking their owners and even jumping the pit and attacking spectators. There you go Diane Jessup and Richard Stratton the gurus of the pit bull house wives talking crap by saying the pit bull was de-selected for man aggression, complete garbage and most of you sucking it up.
Pit bulls have no place in a pet home. Leave pit bulls for people that use them for hunting and live in the mountains etc. They have no place in the surburban communities of the USA, if you like them then move house and live deep in the countryside like I do. Keep them away from little kids, just like you would if you were keeping and raising a wolf. If you take them for a walk in the public park GET A MUZZLE SELFISH PEOPLE.
Iknow

Olive Hill, KY

#206 Jun 10, 2009
Geez
Tequila Mae

Herod, IL

#207 Aug 4, 2011
The best dog I have ever owned was a pit. And it's really all in the way you raise any animal honestly. If a chihuhua were to attack someone they are so small it can't do a whole lot of damage but, funny how smaller dogs are more prone to bite...I think your'e all crazy. Pits can be VERY good dogs if raised right. And they can be EVIL dogs if treated poorly and not raised properly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Interlachen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,434,002
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 61,525
two words (Jul '10) 8 hr Princess Hey 27,875
Baseball lessons for Florida kids - Connect wit... 8 hr FishSlayer 1
News Hillary Clinton speaks in Orlando on her plan f... 8 hr davy 22
News Vice President Biden to campaign in Orlando Monday 12 hr Realtimeloser 3
News Home Sales: Florida's February Home Sales Rise ... (Mar '09) 13 hr Go Blue Forever 55

Interlachen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Interlachen Mortgages