Florida teen survives pit bull attack, receives 900 stiches -- ...

Full story: SouthFlorida.com

A teenager who needed 900 stitches after her family's pit bull attacked her is recovering at home.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of195
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Verne Troyer

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

I don't know why people are so stupid. This Felton guy must have thought the risk to his family was worth having a pit bull.
I hope she sticks you in a nursing home some day and leave you there to rot... you freaking IDIOT!!!
dgz32

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

nice doggy !!
soh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

the father should be arrestsed for endangering his daughter's life.
spider pig

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

these dogs are useless and bring no value to society. even the best ones with the best owners have been known to attack. and to make matters worse many pb owners are nothing but useless thugs themselves with small weenies who need a big dog to compensate.
jimmy

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Ok, lets hear it from the stupid pit owners that continue to put their head in the sand and preach how loving these dogs are. May your own children be eatin for lunch!
Ignorant

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Hey Vern, you are ignorant! Pitbulls are generally nice dogs, This is a tragedy, just because it was an accident, doesn't mean you need to blame the father for it. And with a name like Verne, you probably already do live in a nursing home!
Verne Troyer wrote:
I don't know why people are so stupid. This Felton guy must have thought the risk to his family was worth having a pit bull.
I hope she sticks you in a nursing home some day and leave you there to rot... you freaking IDIOT!!!
Albuquerque grandma

Vancouver, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

I can't imagine anyone wanting to own a pit bull!!!
Pitt Lover

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Pitts are wonderful dogs, all dogs have the ability to turn so thinking that one breed is a problem is assinine. Those who have never had a pitt or encountered one should shut their mouths. You people are morons who know nothing
WALT

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

THIS IS THE WORST OF HUMAN BEHAVIOR. THIS BREED OF DOG SHOULD BE STOPPED. THEY ARE ONLY FOR THE DEMETED, CRIMMINAL,PSYCHOPATHS. THEY TOOK THE BEST ANIMAL IN THE WORLD AND MADE A MONSTER BREED OUT OF THEM. AND IT'S THE WORST OF HUMANS THAT OWN THEM AND BREED THEM.
No Breed Discrimination

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Can't be surprised at the comments i have read here.... It's such a shame that "certain" dogs get such bad wraps. I have children and I have dobes and they are WONDERFUL with my kids. There are bad dogs in many breeds and a lot of it has to do with how they are raised/bred. There are nice Pits out there. I under no circumstance am putting my family at risk. I'm glad that many people have come to recognize what wonderful family dogs dobes are and I hope people judge the deed and not the breed. What would you all think if this wasn't a pit, but a lab or a jack russell? You would think differently.
BRT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Ignorant wrote:
Hey Vern, you are ignorant! Pitbulls are generally nice dogs, This is a tragedy, just because it was an accident, doesn't mean you need to blame the father for it. And with a name like Verne, you probably already do live in a nursing home!<quoted text>
"Pitbulls are generally nice dogs"????? The only nice pitbull is a dead pitbull. And you are calling Verne ignorant. Ever see anything on the news about a chihuahua attacking someone so violently that they need 900 stitches??
say what

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

And they wanna put "me" in jail for allegedly using these loving animals for sport and play. Wonder who they will answer to for using the foot ball players for sport and play? Ah, training dogs to fight? Who trains the human boxers to fight? Poor Ali got his brains beat out, poor Mike tyson and others, who trained them? And what will be the penalty?
Micheal Vic

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Ref Post "say what"
BRT

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Pitt Lover wrote:
Pitts are wonderful dogs, all dogs have the ability to turn so thinking that one breed is a problem is assinine. Those who have never had a pitt or encountered one should shut their mouths. You people are morons who know nothing
So by your standards, people who don't own one but were attacked by one have to keep their mouths. Moron.
Dem

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

"Deputies said the woman's father, Felton Boyles, pried the dog off his daughter at it shook her head back and forth in its grip"

Once again Sun Sentinel manages to kill spelling worse than pit bulls kill people...

Oh, and the bad rap pit bulls get are from their history...
As for me, I will feel safe even with the beasts running free across the street as long as my shepherd is around to take them down. There's a family dog, putting his life in danger to keep us safe, especially when the pit bull owners are notorious for not keeping their dogs on leashes or on their own property.
tjb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

no pit bulls snap....ya right! then how come we dont read stories of poodles and yellow labs ripping apart people?...that poor little kid.
Michael Vick

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Pit Bulls are our friends!!!
Jon Laye

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

<<<all dogs have the ability to turn so thinking that one breed is a problem is assinine>>>

Other breeds do not have the jaw power and cannot reign the damage and death of a Pitbull dog. If that were the family Schit-zu or beagle or Retriever that went ballistic, the girl would not be in need of 900 stitches.
Exterminate all scum

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

This is a classic example of a pit bull owner....can't even spell the word "asinine".

enough said!!!
Pitt Lover wrote:
Broward Taxpayer

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2007

Euthanize The Father

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of195
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Interlachen Discussions

Search the Interlachen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min But you said 1,034,014
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min charles in charge 42,982
two words (Jul '10) 1 hr Princess Hal 26,738
3 word game (Jan '11) 1 hr Princess Hal 13,307
Alphabet Game (Apr '12) 1 hr Princess Hal 8,930
New Game ***Last Word + 2 (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hal 11,843
keep a word----drop a word (Feb '11) 1 hr Princess Hal 16,918
•••
•••
•••
•••

Interlachen Jobs

•••
•••