A brother's bond: 12-year-old provides devotion, love and a voi...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

He waits for his brother and mom to sit down, then slides into the wooden pew beside them.
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 4, 2009

Since: Nov 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Sounds like they have two great kids!
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

What a sweet story. I'm sure the parents know how blessed they are to have both boys.
whatever

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Crabby, it's jerks like you who belong in a shed -- preferably bound and gagged.

This was a beautiful story. In the midst of so much negativity, there is a quiet peace.
redphish

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Crabby wrote:
I don't think that retarded kid should be allowed out in public where he disrupts everyone else. He should be kept in a shed in the back yard where he can scream all he wants.
Go **** yourself.
Woooahhhhhh

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

crabby, you're a disgrace to DNA. Anthony on the other hand is 12 going on 32. That's a young man who has god looking after his every move now, tomorrow, the next day, next week, for an indefinite amount of time.

crabby, if you get hit in traffic tomorrow, it wouldn't be soon enough.
Kaylee

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Please don't feed the troll (crabby).

Great story.
Lady M

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

What a mature child Anthony is. He more mature than most adults. To have the capacity to look beyond himself is very impressive, and the manner in which he realizes that he needs to make the most out of his life in order to return to others is beyond words. He makes no excuses. I find him to be very mature and very brave, I wish him luck and success in finding a cure, it seems he has turned a problem into motivation. I wish there where more people like this child, he makes the world worth living. You remind me of my husband, and it was that very quality that made me fall in love with him.
nici311

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

I agree with Kaylee, go to Wikipedia and look up "troll" thats what they do. Just ignore them. The sentinel should start a trust fund for Anthony. Doesn't seem like his parents given the jobs they have will be able to afford to send him to Harvard... but I'm sure there are people out there who would be willing to help him out. Good kids like this are hard to find.
Lady M

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Crabby,,may god bless you ten fold. The only retard here is you. You are a Nasty excuse for a person.
CaliMom

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Their parents have certainly done something right. Anthony sounds like a fantastic young man and I wish him the best in life.
Christopher-s Dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

As the dad of an autistic boy, I wept with joy at Anthony's attitude and courage. I pray that he can live a long life and continue to be his friend and guardian.
Peace to you Anthony and your parents!
Caylee Deserves Justice

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

Anthony sounds like a great kid.
I hope he gets to Harvard.

www.JusticeForCaylee.com
Kel

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2009

What an amazing story. I'm glad to see a great kid like this getting recognition. Whats better is that his actions seems to be second nature to him. His brother is lucky to have him and so are his parents.
Pat in maryland

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

what a beautiful story GOD bless you anthony. i wish you all the best!!! crabby, you are an a--hole!!!
Sarah 75

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

I don't even pay attention to the trolls. There is always someone who finds it amusing to pick on the defenseless.

“My Boy Patch”

Since: Oct 08

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2009

Lady M wrote:
Crabby,,may god bless you ten fold. The only retard here is you. You are a Nasty excuse for a person.
I hope you meant to refer to Crabby as a JERK,,not a "retard".
People who have developmental barriers are not jerks... Crabby is a jerk looking to incite and get attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Interlachen Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Interlachen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Interlachen News, Events & Info