Changed From Barbell to Cinderblock?

Posted in the Institute Forum

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#1 Oct 1, 2010
Hi y'all. Somebody's gotta know what I'm talkin' about.

Back when my daughter was in college, we used to see a guy walking along Rt. 25 through Institute balancing a barbell on his head. Even though it was a while back, to this day, we can't drive through Institute without calling him to mind.

Well, I got a real treat today as I was stoppped at the light near Bayer Crop Science. There stood a man along the highway, balancing a large cinderblock on top of his head!

That's surely got to be "The Barbell Man", right? Does anyone know if it was, and/or has anyone else enjoyed seeing him as much as we have?

LOL, seeing that guy today made my day!
Shell

Charleston, WV

#2 Oct 1, 2010
Yes...thats him. He has tried to win the tough man contest but has never came close. Just another nut.

Since: Jun 10

Topix

#3 Oct 1, 2010
Thanks! I just had to call my daughter up tonight and tell her about seeing "Barbell/Cinderblock Man" today. She got all excited and told me that her husband had also seen him a couple of weeks ago. We think he's just awesome. Definitely unique.
sparklemepurple

Charleston, WV

#4 Oct 2, 2010
Shit I just saw him tonight , I tried to take a picture of him with my blackberry but I couldn't get it. He doesn't look particularly athletic ....kinda looks like snoop dog . Does anyone remember the guy who walked down Greenbriar St. in Charleston a few years back with a barbell and LOTS of weight strapped on his back and head ?! He looked like a serious NUT , reminded me of the old wrester MACHO MAN.
Single4Ever

Charleston, WV

#5 Aug 15, 2011
His last name is Hightower, and I think his first name is Timothy. He gave me a ride from Sth. Charleston to Dunbar a few months ago and cracked jokes the whole time. He told me about the cinderblock deal (says his daddy thinks he's "level headed"). I didn't believe it until I saw a photo in one of the newspapers.

He's a little off, but he is a great, kind soul.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Institute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
addiction? (May '14) May '14 angelamarie 1
Special prosecutor appointed in Plants case (Mar '14) Mar '14 winner winner 18
Prison Talk (Oct '13) Mar '14 Joan 3
warning about cross lanes dominos (Jun '13) Jun '13 blackpower 2
Short takes (Jun '13) Jun '13 Well now 1
trade pics (May '13) May '13 olecarl 1
Racists at WVU-State (Jan '13) Apr '13 Rufus 2

Flood Watch for Kanawha County was issued at March 02 at 12:22PM EST

Institute Dating
Find my Match