Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,187

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#186445 Apr 3, 2013
Randy -Rock- Hudson wrote:
<quoted text> Bragging and sharing stories with one's close circle of friends is entirely different than being a celebrity and using the media to announce your sexual orientation. Don't you agree? Besides, I've not heard of any heterosexual celebrities getting the waves and claiming "I'm straight", have you? It is a tactic dedicated solely to the public announcement of homosexuality. Nothing happened to make me any less reasonable that you thought me to be yesterday, Jared brought up the subject and I thought I'd comment on it. What is wrong with that? I haven't tried to use any media to announce my orientation, have you?
Every single solitary straight person who has publically announced their opposition to same-sex marriage is in essence "outing" themselves as proud heterosexuals.

You guys get on television and go on and on about the evils of homosexuality, which is an explicit endorsement of the notion that heterosexuality is THE ONLY acceptable orientation in their eyes.

Your very protest against gays and same-sex marriage is a flagrant example of how you proclaim your heterosexuality.

And Randy, you do use media to announce your orientation. You're here talking about it right now.

Bottom line, LGBT people are going to continue to "come out" until such a time that it is no longer necessary.

You might as well get used to it.

Since: Nov 12

Elk Grove, CA

#186446 Apr 3, 2013
BeeBoop deluxe wrote:
North Korea is a LOW RENT district already, but if those idiots shot a cannon at themselves or some other stupid act of WAR, then the land will not be worth a plug nickel.
And the little dictator, 29 year old FOOL will lose his sand box all together to play tin-solder in.
Maybe the US and S. Korea will have to bring back Napalm to clean off the land in N. Korea.
What will the great Obama do? Will his background as a street agitator prepare him for this? What will China do? China continued moving tanks and armored vehicles and flying flights near North Korea this week as part of a military buildup in the northeastern part of the country that U.S. officials say is related to the crisis with North Korea.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#186447 Apr 4, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
You should stew on my post a bit longer, it might take you some time to absorb it.
Then again you are so self-absorbed as it is, it may not matter.
Spot on.

Location hidden

#186448 Apr 4, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter if you're gay, straight, jew or gentile, Catholic or Protestant, Hindu, Sikh or Muslim, Buddhist Taoist Atheist or agnostic. Rock n' roll, R&B, funk, dance, electronica, jazz, country or western. Black, white Hispanic or Asian. This marriage proposal might make you cry.
And anyone who even SNIFFLES watching this can't deny they don't understand SAME SEX MARRIAGE isn't any different than what they see here in this AWESOME proposal I love how he just kneels and waits for her answer, never says a word. Dude stole my script!!(It's the same fantasy ending I had in every one of my marriage proposal dreams and two realities.)
It ain't the equipment any of us (gay or straight) want to commit to. It's the person INSIDE the body.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =cP-RDUmvBmUXX
Sort of sad if we think about it.
All these trolls thinking of their own mother's marriage as nothing more than a contact to be a bitch at a puppy farm.
Now watch what "marriage" means to most of us and enjoy!
Have no problem with love or commitment or even contracts.

But none of that changes the distinction of marriage from all other friendships.

Inside or out, ss couples are ever only a duplicated half of marriage.

Smile.

Location hidden

#186449 Apr 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single solitary straight person who has publically announced their opposition to same-sex marriage is in essence "outing" themselves as proud heterosexuals.
You guys get on television and go on and on about the evils of homosexuality, which is an explicit endorsement of the notion that heterosexuality is THE ONLY acceptable orientation in their eyes.
Your very protest against gays and same-sex marriage is a flagrant example of how you proclaim your heterosexuality.
And Randy, you do use media to announce your orientation. You're here talking about it right now.
Bottom line, LGBT people are going to continue to "come out" until such a time that it is no longer necessary.
You might as well get used to it.
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.

Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.

Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.

Smirk.

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#186450 Apr 4, 2013
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>You should stew on my post a bit longer, it might take you some time to absorb it.

Then again you are so self-absorbed as it is, it may not matter.
So you can't answer my question??

I'm not stoping anyone from getting married but others are trying to stop me. How am I denying anyone anything??

Milwaukee

#186451 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Spot on.
How is not answering a simple question spot on. Well I guess for you avoiding intellectual debate is your typical style so you would think it to be spot on for someone else to do the same.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#186453 Apr 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought I was just pointing out how idiotic it is to equate an ever only duplicated sterile half to the gender diversity of marriage.
Most people don't know I'm a lesbian trapped in a straight man until I tell them.
Kind of messes up your gay twirl, doesn't it.
Smirk.
Most people DO know that you're a neurotic, delusional mess.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186454 Apr 4, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can't answer my question??
I'm not stoping anyone from getting married but others are trying to stop me. How am I denying anyone anything??
You are denying them the right to be an ignorant bigot and a tyrant

Milwaukee

#186456 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>You are denying them the right to be an ignorant bigot and a tyrant
Ok that I will give you. Lol
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186457 Apr 4, 2013
Jaredb8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok that I will give you. Lol
Some people are so insecure, that they cannot feel good about themselves unless they are depriving others different than themselves.
Cruisin

Windsor, CA

#186458 Apr 4, 2013
Interesting comments and opinion here, comments and opinion non the less. No one has quoted The Constitution of the United States. It appears to obvious as to why. No one has quoted those people who wrote The Constitution or those who authored The Bill of Rights. Is anyone interested in preserving the rights of the people and the states? Doesn't "We the People" have any meaning? Which branch of elected represent "We the People"? Does anyone know the meaning of oligarchy? Does any care? Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia said, "..I think IT NO BUSINESS OF THE COURTS AS OPPOSED TO THE POLITICAL BRANCHES TO TAKE SIDES IN THIS CULTURAL WAR...Today's opinion has NO foundation in American constitutional law , and barely pretends to. The people have adopted an entirely reasonable provision that which does not even disfavor homosexuals in any substantive sense, but merely denies them preferential treatment...STRIKING IT DOWN IS AN ACT, NOT OF JUDICIAL JUDGEMENT, BUT OF POLITICAL WILL."(emphasis added) Imposing his own judicially-driven political agenda on the people of California is not his job. he swore an oath when he accepted his position to defend and uphold The Constitution of The States. Did he lie? He does not have any power to do what he did. Who said, "All government of right originates from the people, is founded in consent, and was instituted for the general good."? If a person is going to comment on Constitutional matters and topics, it would stand to reason to know those documents that founded this country. Get educated, otherwise, it is a political agenda. The answer is very obvious. Impeach him.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186459 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What will the great Obama do? Will his background as a street agitator prepare him for this? What will China do? China continued moving tanks and armored vehicles and flying flights near North Korea this week as part of a military buildup in the northeastern part of the country that U.S. officials say is related to the crisis with North Korea.
Crisis?

NK blusters and threats as they do every few years during exercises and then when they back down they will say... ok give me something for backing down.

This isnít a crisis, it is their standard and boring tactics for a hand out.

You really think they will attack? I mean full attack, not some lobbing of a few artillery shells.

Full attack... and lose their country, not going to happen.
Jarheads

Covina, CA

#186460 Apr 4, 2013
Just more stupid rattle trap posting by out of towner's.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186461 Apr 4, 2013
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>What will the great Obama do? Will his background as a street agitator prepare him for this? What will China do? China continued moving tanks and armored vehicles and flying flights near North Korea this week as part of a military buildup in the northeastern part of the country that U.S. officials say is related to the crisis with North Korea.
Obama will apologize to Kim Jong Un. Which is the worst thing he could do.

All the leaders of the players involved in both Koreas, China, Japan and the USA are new and untested. Anyone of them makes a dumb move there could be terrible consequences. The world is in their hands. Hope for sanity and no mistakes. Good luck to the world.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186462 Apr 4, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people DO know that you're a neurotic, delusional mess.
Takes one to know one.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#186463 Apr 4, 2013
Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people are so insecure, that they cannot feel good about themselves unless they are depriving others different than themselves.
Some people believe that polygamists are "child molesters and welfare cheats using polygamy to commit their crimes".
Factoids

Covina, CA

#186464 Apr 4, 2013
Steve Herfert along with Mike Touhey and George Ogden, all from West Covina, California have long vented their racists views toward people and residents.

All three are or have been employed by the city of West Covina, California along with E. Glassman the so called city attorney who it appears has and is not doing his job.

Feb. 05, 2013 - during a city council meeting a "stupid bigot" Steve Herfert blurted out a racists, slanderous comment, directed towards the only minority of the city council of West Covina, California.

Herfert was so ashamed is his actions he ran to lawyers to cover his behind, all the while staying away from city council meeting for a month or so.

THis is what a guilty person looks and acts like!

Now some racists supporter has written a cheap letter of support, wonder what this cost Steve Herfert?

West Covina councilman is nothing like a racist

I have known Steve Herfert since shortly after he first became a West Covina council person. He has been a leader in accomplishing significant things to the benefit of all who reside in West Covina and many who live in the San Gabriel Valley.

He is not a racist. To anyone in search of racists, my advice is don't overlook those who spew the innuendo most often and most loudly. They know that doing so almost assures a public outcry designed to inflict spiteful harm upon their target. Steve Herfert is undeserving of such spiteful harm. Rather, he is a dedicated public servant.

- William D. Booth, West Covina - lives in the gangster hang out called "the south hills' this is where the racists gather to hatch their plans.

THE SPINLESS PUKE WHO WROTE THIS LETTER SURE PUTS UP A LOT OF BULL, BUT IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACTS, STEVE HERFERT IS A RACISTS PIG, AND HE SAID IGNORANT STUPID THINGS IKE William d. booth has doe in his filthy letter to the editor.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186465 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people believe that polygamists are "child molesters and welfare cheats using polygamy to commit their crimes".
Some are, arrested and convicted of exactly that, some even pleaded guilty.

That doesnít mean Poly is bad, just that it has a really bad image problem that will need to be overcome before much progress will likely be made.
Big D

Modesto, CA

#186466 Apr 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will apologize to Kim Jong Un. Which is the worst thing he could do.
All the leaders of the players involved in both Koreas, China, Japan and the USA are new and untested. Anyone of them makes a dumb move there could be terrible consequences. The world is in their hands. Hope for sanity and no mistakes. Good luck to the world.
Of course not American never apologizes, even when proved wrong, even when we should apologize we donít.( I always found that funny )

No one is going to apologize to Kim, it isnít the absolute worst thing we could do. The worst thing we could do is attack, like we did in Iraq, only to find that all the bluffing was exactly that and have the rest of the world lose more trust in us.

He just wants attention, best to ignore him, keep watch, stay alert, but do not react, he will back down with his hand out, then ignore that too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inglewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Manhattan Beach to vote on FAA airspace plan (Oct '10) 39 min ugh 24
is a afro life more valuable than a Hispanic life 5 hr who da fuhk 2
California Wind Farms Kilt All The Birds (Aug '11) 5 hr who da fuhk 4
American Sniper Goes Beyond Tradition to Take ... 5 hr who da fuhk 2
What Gwyneth Paltrow Has to Do With Saving the ... 5 hr who da fuhk 12
Bachman Gomert Presidential Campaign Heats Up 5 hr who da fuhk 2
Telephone Answering Service Helps Your Business... (Jan '11) Dec 11 Who 5

Inglewood News Video

Inglewood Dating
Find my Match