Posted in the Inglewood Forum

Jose

Corona Del Mar, CA

#1 Apr 5, 2013
Good article.
==========
AP Tries Out New Terminology after Illegal Alien Allegedly Kills Arizona Mother
By Jon Feere, April 5, 2013 PrintShareThis
In a horrific story that the national newspapers are thus far ignoring, the Associated Press is trying out its new linguistic gymnastics on illegal alien and murder suspect Jose Zarate.

According to investigators, 25-year-old Zarate went to Maria Saucedo’s home around 9:30pm on Monday, expressing interest in pursuing a romantic relationship with the woman’s 13-year-old daughter. After Saucedo refused his request, Zarate allegedly pulled out a rifle and shot the 31-year-old mother in the chest at close range while her daughter was in the room.

The Associated Press reports that “The sheriff’s office says Zarate is not a U.S. citizen and has been living in the country illegally.” Or, more concisely, he’s an illegal alien.

Troublingly, this trend of avoiding legal terminology is apparently spreading into the law enforcement community. An Arizona deputy seems to have adopted the AP’s new standard, reportedly referring to Zarate as a “non-U.S. citizen who has been living in the country without proper authorization.”

Why say “illegal alien” when you could use a dozen words to say the same thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inglewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds of Thousands Attend in Women's March i... 3 hr Rose of Tralee 73
Bloods and Crips (May '12) 8 hr lighterthanyou 12
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Dominican 17 21,055
Compton: 9 People Shot, 1 Fatally, After Violen... (Mar '16) 20 hr Tonika beamon 4
Inglewood Lanes is new located at 4030 W. Centu... (Feb '16) May 12 INGLEWOOD LANES B... 119
City of Inglewood Apr 29 INGLEWOOD CALIFORNIA 3
Review: Inglewood Lanes Apr 29 INGLEWOOD LANES 20

Inglewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Inglewood Mortgages