How often do you REALLY see celebriti...

How often do you REALLY see celebrities while living in LA?

Posted in the Inglewood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#1 Apr 13, 2011
I'm sure you see a celebrity here and there but some people believe just because you live in LA means you see celebrities everywhere. I was wondering how often do you actually see a celebrity?
TokeUpTheWeed

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Thoroughly dependent on how often you go out and where. So for example, say you live somewhere along south facing foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains near the 5 and you go out for some groceries you're going to see some people you might recognize every few rounds. But, trust me, you won't be too impressed when you're getting your reservation bumped on a special day at some frou-frou restaurant because one of them decided to stop by.
SORRY-4-U

La Quinta, CA

#4 Apr 14, 2011
Yes, Sarah--Mr. T.U.T.W. from LA is totally right. It very much depends on WHERE you go, how often... L.A. is HUGE--enormous--tons of neighborhoods and celebrities live ALL over CA, all over the U.S. They may work in L.A., but they don't necessarily want to "hang out" here all of the time. Many live in the neighboring communities... toward the beaches, have ranches, have more than one place. So--it's the luck of the draw--and you have to consider "timing..." and whether or not they are with their children--if they have any. Some place their kids in private schools; others do not. They are--after all, just people like you and me...but with the ability to afford priveleges that you and I cannot afford. They also like to shop, or see a film (either privately) or "among the masses," to see crowd-reaction, go to the beach, whatever--just like anyone. They just might have better transportation and better clothes while they're doing those things... It is hardly a place where you are stumbling over celebrities everywhere you turn. Highly-populated metropolis that offers all--and for those who can afford it--they don't only "hang out" in L.A.-proper.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#5 Apr 14, 2011
sarah081983 wrote:
I'm sure you see a celebrity here and there but some people believe just because you live in LA means you see celebrities everywhere. I was wondering how often do you actually see a celebrity?
Maybe more often than you think if you hang out on Topix forums. Although they probaly wouldn't go by their "celebrity" names. They would be able to go by an "alias" name and mingle with all kinds of people without them knowing who they really are.
Just-A-Word-Or-2

La Quinta, CA

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Well, yes, of course--they need their privacy and anonymity just as much as the next person. I know of several people in my non-industry related work who work with/for celebrities... And/or with their children. I know of several celebs who have their kids in "reg" schools--but, they would hardly advertise this. No need to invite MORE stalker-mania into the lifestyle, right? And--@Anon-CA, OH--I don't know if your reference to those who "hang out on Topix forums" is a snide one, tongue-in-cheek, or self-revealing~ I thought the purpose of the responses to this original post/inquiry was to elicit helpful responses and not criticism of others. After all--you are on Topix, too, right? A great many sign up for hundreds of topics on the site because we enjoy the banter, the sharing of opinions and information. Not because we're looking for more negativity.
anonymous california

Hillsboro, OH

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Just-A-Word-Or-2 wrote:
Well, yes, of course--they need their privacy and anonymity just as much as the next person. I know of several people in my non-industry related work who work with/for celebrities... And/or with their children. I know of several celebs who have their kids in "reg" schools--but, they would hardly advertise this. No need to invite MORE stalker-mania into the lifestyle, right? And--@Anon-CA, OH--I don't know if your reference to those who "hang out on Topix forums" is a snide one, tongue-in-cheek, or self-revealing~ I thought the purpose of the responses to this original post/inquiry was to elicit helpful responses and not criticism of others. After all--you are on Topix, too, right? A great many sign up for hundreds of topics on the site because we enjoy the banter, the sharing of opinions and information. Not because we're looking for more negativity.
Not to be misunderstood, I wasn't being negative or critical by any means. Just responding to a question and stating the probaly obvious..........no harm intended. One must not seek to bait or stir others for trolling purposes which lead to unproductive posting either with the banter, hopefully you are not in your remarks regarding me.

Since: Feb 11

Denver, Colorado

#8 Apr 14, 2011
I was in Beverly Hills on vacation a couple of years ago and ate at Frank & Mussos.

William Shattner - in the flesh!
Nicole

Euless, TX

#9 Apr 24, 2011
I grew up in the suburbs of LA and I never saw a celebrity until I was in high school - we happened to have Snoop Dogg living in our neighborhood and everyone in town knew. We'd all see him everywhere... the drug store, the gas station, etc. Then I moved to Inglewood and I saw a lot of celebrities all the time at my local Starbucks. The shopping center it was in was a big hangout for a lot of black celebrities - I never would have known if I didn't always go there myself. But aside from that, I can't say I ever really saw any except for seeing Johnny Knoxville once while stuck in traffic next to him on the freeway. If you hit the club scene a lot, etc then you're more likely to run into them, but I was never that type of girl. I'm boring ;) When you see them though, it's not really a big deal. It's just kinda like, "Is that...? Was that just...? Ohh... yeah it was." lol
LA Car guy

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Jan 19, 2012
I see them all the time. I randomly got to have a drink with Rod Stewart and his daughter. That was cool. He is a nice guy.

Here is a tip, I learned this the hard way. They like to be talked to and treated like normal people. What we see (depending on the celeb) is normally a show.

colin farrell used to come into my work and eat, also a nice guy. All he wanted to do is talk about burgers. LOL
jean

Ontario, CA

#11 Nov 21, 2012
I see a lot more mexicans than I do celebrities.
Henry21

United States

#12 Nov 21, 2012
I met matthew gray gubler (detective guy from criminal minds,voice of simon from chipmunks) at one of my fav pho spots in san gabriel. he goes there often so I hear but ive never seen him besides that one time. Really nice and and approachable. Ended up eating with him and his friend and got a picture taken and an autograph. he drew an octopus and hearts on it lol. I feel bad though because after I recognized him a bunch of people that didnt know him wanted a pic with him too after they figured out he was a celeb....also saw tao the asian boy from Gran Torino at the same restaurant but I didnt get his autograph
El Guapo

Bethpage, NY

#13 Nov 21, 2012
I saw Elvis the last time I was in L.A.
nimquaj

Wellsboro, PA

#14 Nov 21, 2012
The late Jack Palance is from my area and he was well noted for being a snob in our area. The only other celebrity is Obama Girl, from my town. Now to the east in the Poconos some celebrities live or have weekend homes. But they are the laid back types not the clubbers.

Now for the most part wealthy Americans consider celebrities for what most of them truly are: trash with money. Usually only shitty resturants with five year lifespans and celebrity chefs will bump reserved tables for walk in celebrities.
Ana R

San Antonio, TX

#15 Feb 16, 2013
Hi! I have seen many Hollywood actors in
San Antonio,Tx. Most of the time in malls and
in department stores and in grocery stores. I
have worked as a sales associate and never have
liked attending them as my customers since they
usually have big airs and create problems in the
store or in places close to them. I have learned
it is not a good experience at all and most
of the ones I have met treat average people
as persons that are worth less than them.
Olivia

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Feb 18, 2013
No I live in LA and I rarely see anyone. Honestly LA isn't as great as anyone thinks.
Ron

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Apr 4, 2013
I am crazy about Toni Braxton I would love to meet her do she live in la I would love to see her feet

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Was driving in Hollywood, years ago...and saw Hoagy Carmicheal walking down the sidewalk.....
I love eating out

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Apr 8, 2013
Heidi Klum at Sushi Gen with her body guard who became her lover.
I love eating out

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Apr 8, 2013
Ashton Kutcher and Rod Jermey at the dermatology in Santa Monica
People of Los Angeles

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Apr 12, 2013
That's nothing. I actually saw Mayor Villaraigosa within the city limits last year. Rarer than a condor sighting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inglewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News David Robles Sentenced to Life Without Parole f... (May '11) 2 hr annoyed 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr TN Voter 20,083
News Gardena Police Chief Issues Statement In Respon... 8 hr AllPigsAreScum 2
News Inglewood police investigating apparent murder-... Jul 27 GVR 1
News No criminal charges for Grande after doughnut l... Jul 24 Ariana Grande Rea... 3
Inglewood Mayor an Idiot you tube is freedom of... Jul 18 Inglewood eagle 4
looking for biological father please help Jul 7 edd 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Inglewood Mortgages