Thinking of moving to Portland, TX
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Portland AKA POT-LAND

Marshall, TX

#21 May 30, 2011
hahaha low crime rate? Clean streets? Thanks for the laugh! If u claim to have lived in portland and honestly believe that you MUST have been at home everyday! I've lived here my whole life so u can't fool me! 80% of the officers are dirty in so many senses it's ridiculous! They love to have affairs with underage gurls, they will literally follow women around until they see them make a mistake to pull them over and flirt hoping it will turn into something more! I myself was 16 when a 30 yr old rookie officer made several attempts to take me out! I can't count the number of tickets I've gotten off of because of these "law abiding" officers! I've received one ticket in the 7 yrs living here and driving with no liscence and it was from a female officer! clean streets my ass! I lived in a "good neighborhood" and I could name about 8 drug dealers that I went to school with living within 3 streets of me! Cops here will do anything to get out of writing up those PRs! Crime rate goes up everyday, same with any growing town! Maybe you ppl should get ur facts before giving them..
soso

San Antonio, TX

#22 Jun 2, 2011
portland is a nice town, i wouldn't mind buying a house there.
Poooland

Ogden, UT

#23 Jul 11, 2011
Portland AKA POT-LAND wrote:
hahaha low crime rate? Clean streets? Thanks for the laugh! If u claim to have lived in portland and honestly believe that you MUST have been at home everyday! I've lived here my whole life so u can't fool me! 80% of the officers are dirty in so many senses it's ridiculous! They love to have affairs with underage gurls, they will literally follow women around until they see them make a mistake to pull them over and flirt hoping it will turn into something more! I myself was 16 when a 30 yr old rookie officer made several attempts to take me out! I can't count the number of tickets I've gotten off of because of these "law abiding" officers! I've received one ticket in the 7 yrs living here and driving with no liscence and it was from a female officer! clean streets my ass! I lived in a "good neighborhood" and I could name about 8 drug dealers that I went to school with living within 3 streets of me! Cops here will do anything to get out of writing up those PRs! Crime rate goes up everyday, same with any growing town! Maybe you ppl should get ur facts before giving them..
Ahhhh haaa ha, dumb little $&$@@
green alligator

Corpus Christi, TX

#24 Aug 18, 2011
concerned_mother wrote:
<quoted text>
I grew up there never had one problem, I have a grandchild who was a witness to a officer who was doing things he shouldn't during a arrest, I don't have all the details, my kid got pepper sprayed- on accident im sure, but kids at scene and he wasn't the only one. scene safety first?, but it makes me wonder why crime is so low or does it get swept under? people told me about stuff like this, but then its never hit home like this,
Wait till you all get this new coach from Mathis Garza needs to be drug tested cuz he has a problema along with his dad and its called cocaine.So good luck to you guys and this coach they are a big problem in our town.
real talk

United States

#25 Aug 19, 2011
Poooland wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh haaa ha, dumb little $&$@@
wow, what an educated response, idiot. care to explain why I'm the dumb one? lmao nevermind, there's no need, with a response like that and that grammar (or lack thereof) you possess, its clear that you must have attended school in portland... word to the wise, further your education!
Portland people are rude

Nevada, MO

#26 Aug 20, 2011
I lived here two years. moved from the mid-west. I heard the people at Portland was so nice. Trust me thats a lie. these are the rudest people on the planet. The people are stuck up and very VERY, VERY unfriendly. Its safe but unfriendly. So, if your looking for a nice safe place than Portland is good. looking to make friends or get involved in the community go somewhere else. You can make friends in Russia easiler than in Portland. And that not even being able to speak Russian. These people are simply put in one word. (PRICKS)
Mike

Odessa, TX

#27 Aug 21, 2011
My family moved from Kalamazoo, MI. We have been here 2.5 years. It's okay. Hire a good pest control company b/c roaches are much more abundant. The heat tears up your house worse than the winters do. I am a foodie and find the bar to be much lower for both food quality and service. Portland City government doesn't like new folks as evidence by the extreme resistance to change. Overall we like it but you have to take the good with the bad.
Michigander

Northville, MI

#28 Jul 3, 2013
Hi, I actually live into the Detroit metro area. I got a job offer in Sherwin Alumina Co that is located very close to Portland. In addition, I have kids in school ages, Is Portland a good place to rise a family?
Itex250

Cortez, CO

#29 Mar 9, 2015
I would not move to Portland if my life depended on it , can you say third world . It is HOT all the time , renting anything is expensive ,even a dump.The police are direct descendants of the nazi redneck Taliban that will pry into any of your affairs and they use technology like sting ray and other covert information gathering technologies, without regard to the constitutional rights citizen or as the police refer to ordinary citizens ( enemy combatants). The whole area due to the proximity of Mexico is a police state, helicopters overhead and daily police chases and shootouts etc.. It is a very dangerous place to be and that is only from the police state , the whole area is an environmental disaster , you do not want to wade into the pollutant laden bays and estuaries surrounding the area because they have been used for almost 75 years as a dumping ground for the petroleum refineries and petrochemical plants that are abundant here . Portland is a funny place too, about eighty five percent Hispanic and not a single Hispanic on the city council, not exactly a beacon for democracy. I honestly believe that the environmental conditions there are responsible for the lack of intelligence in the whole area . I do miss the people there and the food ( great mexican food , but the parks , transportation , hurricanes, schools, crime, downsizing of the oilfield, have all contributed to a very poor quality of life. Portland is a poor place to live and Corpus is even worse. Stay healthy and stay away from this nasty place!
marlinmarie

Milliken, CO

#30 Jul 9, 2015
My husband was offered a chance to relocate to portland, in researching we found the housing comparable, but the property taxes at 2.25% . We also researched crime, everyone kept saying what a safe place it is but the statics don't lie . RAPE is the highest percentage of the crimes. In some areas 207.00% above the national average of 100.00%. That is frightening. This family will not be relocating.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ingleside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
G-P Youth Football Aug 1 Recommending 2
Local Politics Do you approve of David Krebs as Mayor? (Aug '15) Jul 29 Dally 7
News Tax protest stalls G-P's decision on 313 request Jul 26 kat 1
rick wiginton (Oct '14) Jul 19 Carlos 41
Portland, Tx. Good place to raise a family? (Aug '13) Jul 18 awesomeness 7
Michelle Mayhall Jul 16 karen 1
Kiewit women (Apr '14) Jul '17 Dude 8

Ingleside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance