Man gets 50 years for murder

Man gets 50 years for murder

There are 149 comments on the KRISTV.COM Corpus Christi story from Feb 2, 2007, titled Man gets 50 years for murder. In it, KRISTV.COM Corpus Christi reports that:

An Aransas County man was sentenced Friday to 50 years in prison for the murder of his brother's ex-girlfriend. Ricky Lee Pady was found guilty of fatally stabbing 47-year-old Denise Elizabeth Ortman in July ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRISTV.COM Corpus Christi.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Theresa M Chalker

Irving, TX

#1 Mar 10, 2007
YOU HAVE SENT AN INNOCENT MAN TO PRISON WITH AIDS AND HEPITITIS C I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT
Theresa M Chalker

Irving, TX

#2 Mar 10, 2007
RICKY LEE PADY IS MY BROTHER I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT WHY I THINK MY BROTHER IS A INNOCENT
Man ican not leave my # for some some reasom i live in katy tx
rockport ppl

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2007
he is far from innocent i knew him..he had major issues..he was my neighbor...guilty
Realist

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2007
Theresa M Chalker wrote:
YOU HAVE SENT AN INNOCENT MAN TO PRISON WITH AIDS AND HEPITITIS C I HOPE YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT
Does the murderer have AIDS and Hepititis C or does the prison have it? PS - I can indeed sleep at night.
Theresa M Chalker

Arlington, TX

#5 Apr 12, 2007
rockport ppl wrote:
he is far from innocent i knew him..he had major issues..he was my neighbor...guilty
well he's my brother he was just your neighbor so i really don't think you know him yes he acted crazy somtimes but it was the drugs. i'm sorry you feel that way. theresa chalker
Theresa M Chalker

Arlington, TX

#6 Apr 12, 2007
Realist wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the murderer have AIDS and Hepititis C or does the prison have it? PS - I can indeed sleep at night.
my brother is very sick and i hope you made the righy dission with all due respect there are other people to look at like the last person denise was visably seen with. and yes that would be my other brothere anthony wayne pady
Theresa M Chalker

Arlington, TX

#7 Apr 12, 2007
I DON'T MEAN DISREASPECT TO ANYONE I LOVE MY BROTHER WE WERE NOT RAISED TOGEATHER
WE SHARE THE SAME DAD BUT MY BROTHER WAS VERY LOVING MAYBE THERE WAS A SIDE OF HIM THAT HE DID NIT LET US SEE.
janiem M

Clifton, AZ

#8 May 24, 2007
Idont know the man but if they say hes guilty ,he most likely is .If you said he acted crazy sometimes ,he most likely did it
jennifer mccartney

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Jun 14, 2007
well, my sister was murdered laste year and the trial was this week. the person who did this to her got manslaughter and is looking at probation-20 years. so thank god this man got 50.
cdeluna

United States

#10 Jun 15, 2007
my brother was murdered in California by a 16 year old cops son in 1980, they said he was on angel dust! In the wrong place wrong time...his murderer got tried at 18 and only served 3 months in a detention center! How fair is that???? If this man acted crazy sometimes and was on drugs, the addiction could have altered his ability to react the right way. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH THE MURDERED WOMANS FAMILY AND WITH yours.Maybe he will learn something and control the drug addiction, or even better be delivered from it. It can happen. Just pray for your brother and stop being bitter,or it will end up being your downfall.
jennifer mccartney

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Jun 15, 2007
My sisters murderer was on meth at the time and was so called "delusional". So that was his defense. So we are sending a message to people that if you want to kill someone, get high on some drug and use it as a defense. You won't serve much time.
chris chappell

United States

#12 Jun 16, 2007
Ricky used to date my mother, and I personally watched him beat the hell out of her. He is also the father of my sister, sorry but i believe he is guilty

Since: Jun 07

United States

#13 Jun 16, 2007
Maybe it was the drugs, maybe it wasnt, but either way he chose to do the drugs, and therefore should accept the consequences of his actions. My sister asks about him alot and just now found her brother Wesley Pady.
Joyce CHappell

United States

#14 Jun 19, 2007
I dated Ricky for 3 years and have a daughter by him. Yes, Ricky is very loving, but you didn't live with him and don't know him like someone who has. I am sure he was high on drugs when he murdered her, I was lucky enough to get away from him before I was the one he murdered. Don't get me wrong, I will always have a special place in my heart for him - he is the father of my daughter. I also know how crazy he is, but then what do you expect from a man who was born into a world of violence and abuse.
AAC

Sinton, TX

#16 Jul 10, 2007
Well Theresa, how well did you know your brother, that is one question I would like to know, because these other people seem to know him pretty good. Maybe he acted one way when he was around you or talked to you, and he was another way when he was around these people that are talking about him on this page. So, maybe he did murder that woman.
Rebekah Lei Pady

Seguin, TX

#17 Jul 22, 2007
This man is my father and i think that becusae he was born into violence, abuse, and drugs is the only reason he is the way he is b ut no matter id he has stds it doesn't matter someone can have their arm or leg cut off and still go to prison!! For the person who has made this website i would really like to meet you. my mom and oldest brother have already posted comments so i thought that i would too.
Rebekah Lei Pady

Seguin, TX

#18 Jul 22, 2007
Theresa M Chalker wrote:
RICKY LEE PADY IS MY BROTHER I WANT TO TALK TO SOMEONE ABOUT WHY I THINK MY BROTHER IS A INNOCENT
Man ican not leave my # for some some reasom i live in katy tx
i will be more than happy to talk to u only because i understand. i am his daughter and it would mean the world to me if i could have some kind of contact with his side of the family
Rebekah Pady

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2007
i want to get a hold of thresa chalker so that i can talk to her about her brother; my father
Kandy

Ravenna, OH

#20 Sep 7, 2007
I haven't heard about this murder before, as I am from out of state, can someone tell Denise' name and what happened ? Very curious.
Joyce Chappell

United States

#21 Sep 13, 2007
Just type in Ricky Lee Pady on google and it will pull up several documents about this murder. It was a hell of a way for my daughter to learn about her dad, since I tried to shield her from him because of his abuse. She found her step brother on myspace, and he is the one that said he was convicted of murder. Coincidentally she had her first contact with her half brother the day after her dad was convicted. Insane. Fortunately, my daughter shows no signs of the craziness that surrounded her father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ingleside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rozlin Gomez 3 hr Thedude 3
James Butrovich? Thu PossiblYGay 1
Why?!! Aug 22 Maria 2
West wind apartments Aug 21 Looking to rent a... 1
Gabriella hanmore Aug 15 Seethispost 1
Aransas pass housing authoritys??? Aug 13 LaylA 4
I Still Love You Aug 4 Mark Anthony 2

Ingleside Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance