Wal-Mart Takes on Netflix, Offers Video Streaming

Jul 26, 2011 | Posted by: csa37th | Full story: www.foxnews.com

Is this the beginning of the end for Netflix? The popular streaming video service faces the possible loss of more than 2 million subscribers over its new pricing policy, according to at least one market analyst.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2011

“Preparing”

Since: Jul 10

Ingleside, IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

This is what happens when you price yourself out of your market. Free enterprise. People will go to the best value for their money. As for Netflix?, Well, they will lose 100,000 s of subscribers.

Since: Nov 10

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2011

Judged:

I have been a Netflix customer for many years. I was on the streaming plus 3 DVD's at a time plan.

Last week I switched to just streaming videos. I don't know if that's what they want, but by doing what they did I've learned of lots of alternatives to their services. So I'm looking around. They may lose me entirely, I don't know yet.

“Preparing”

Since: Jul 10

Ingleside, IL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

itsmekay wrote:
I have been a Netflix customer for many years. I was on the streaming plus 3 DVD's at a time plan.
Last week I switched to just streaming videos. I don't know if that's what they want, but by doing what they did I've learned of lots of alternatives to their services. So I'm looking around. They may lose me entirely, I don't know yet.
I too was a subscriber, but not anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ingleside Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min Time For War 49,414
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 41 min newpoly 1,901
Corrupt Round Lake Beach ! 8 hr be smarter 26
Costco in Antioch? Also, maybe a Starbucks? 23 hr News Reader 2011 10
High View Drive Detour Tue Lake County Citizen 5
Dr. Peter Rosi places blame on some parents for... (May '09) Tue scientific_mind 17
Family Video in Antioch, IL Tue Supporting Resident 5
•••
•••
•••

Ingleside Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ingleside People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••