What happened to Grandad's Diner

What happened to Grandad's Diner

Posted in the Inez Forum

curious

Charleston, WV

#1 Aug 20, 2012
Maybe it was Karma slapping them right in the face.
D Hatfield

Prestonsburg, KY

#3 Aug 20, 2012
bullshot wrote:
idk but ate their counrty fried steak once, I'd rather had vomit. It was awful! you can't expect to stay open with a few old timers and a couple of pigs eating their. Good thing they shut it down. Fucking eye-sore anyway. "hey mom can we stop at that old shack and have some slop?"
They didn't close it down, it burned down.
ikr

Peach Creek, WV

#4 Aug 20, 2012
karma? so i'm not the only one thinking that then?
Ralph

Charleston, WV

#6 Aug 21, 2012
I liked the chips.
Good Gosh 1

Martin, KY

#7 Aug 21, 2012
Saw the photos of the fire on TM Wolf, does Gauge know you do not fight a fire in shorts and tee shirt with tennis shoes on.. No works comp. coverage if he was injured..
Holly

Prestonsburg, KY

#8 Aug 21, 2012
their lieing wrote:
Maybe she had it burnt for insurance because it was a very old falling down shack. I also know that Scott Bradley Davis is not the owner nor Tammy. It was left to her two kids by her ex-husband (Bubby). He was the one to work hard to buy that place and she takes all the credit and whats really sad is. Her and her husband act like they are the ones to do everything for the kids, however her ex paid her well and got the shaft. I saw on news and it made me sick because the real owners of Grandad's is her children. Now maybe she'll think about all the dirty things she has done and realize when you hurt others it does back 10 fold..they are suppost to be christians but God doesn't like ugliness and he will bring you to your knees. I sure bet one person is happy his kids are grown or she would have him back in court...lol
First off you know NOTHING. It was not a "shack," it was a homecooked family resturant, which meant alot to my mother and our family. You couldnt even begin to understand the heartbreak when we seen it.. and as far as bubby who is suppose to be the worlds greatest father? WELL LISTEN UP! Bubby never has nor never will full with me nor my brother. He had never paid anything at that diner, my grandpa helped my mom get it. Who's been the one to stay up all night trying to print menus, or the one breaking her neck to do anything to possible to make every end meet. Has anyone ever seen bubby horn over there? no didnt think so.. Brad is the only father me and josh have ever known. I dont care what anyone says. So whenever we are able to build back, since you have so much hate for my family, when you know absolutely nothing about any situation, how about you stay out of our "shack" and mind your own buisness.
woop

Logan, WV

#9 Aug 21, 2012
their lieing wrote:
Maybe she had it burnt for insurance because it was a very old falling down shack. I also know that Scott Bradley Davis is not the owner nor Tammy. It was left to her two kids by her ex-husband (Bubby). He was the one to work hard to buy that place and she takes all the credit and whats really sad is. Her and her husband act like they are the ones to do everything for the kids, however her ex paid her well and got the shaft. I saw on news and it made me sick because the real owners of Grandad's is her children. Now maybe she'll think about all the dirty things she has done and realize when you hurt others it does back 10 fold..they are suppost to be christians but God doesn't like ugliness and he will bring you to your knees. I sure bet one person is happy his kids are grown or she would have him back in court...lol
I find it hilarious you speak about good and are here gloating about other peoples misinformation. And to say that it was some how a supernatural beings doing? You're retarded.
heartless people

Logan, WV

#10 Aug 21, 2012
their lieing wrote:
Maybe she had it burnt for insurance because it was a very old falling down shack. I also know that Scott Bradley Davis is not the owner nor Tammy. It was left to her two kids by her ex-husband (Bubby). He was the one to work hard to buy that place and she takes all the credit and whats really sad is. Her and her husband act like they are the ones to do everything for the kids, however her ex paid her well and got the shaft. I saw on news and it made me sick because the real owners of Grandad's is her children. Now maybe she'll think about all the dirty things she has done and realize when you hurt others it does back 10 fold..they are suppost to be christians but God doesn't like ugliness and he will bring you to your knees. I sure bet one person is happy his kids are grown or she would have him back in court...lol
i know tammy she is a very hard worker and loves her kids more than life and for it being an old shack it was her life and the reason brad did the interveiw with the news and his son right by his side is because tammy could not be there she was with her daughter at the hospital who has been very sick so people watch what you say that woman would die for those kids and how many people have saw bubby horn with them and what did he do for his babys wedding and graduation and prom dont talk stuff unless you have been in those kids shoes ask them they are grown who there father is and see what kind of answer you get and as far as that diner give this family a break im sure if they do get insurance she will do with it what her kids want thats the type of mom she is. so give them a break
get strait

United States

#11 Aug 22, 2012
Good Gosh 1 wrote:
Saw the photos of the fire on TM Wolf, does Gauge know you do not fight a fire in shorts and tee shirt with tennis shoes on.. No works comp. coverage if he was injured..
first off,get his name right. Second,don't worry about the comp thing. He's on the outside maintaining an exterior hose line. Or do you even know what that? And third,it wasn't a set job. So get your story strait before you run your mouth. You people make me sick.
call me crazi

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Good Gosh 1 wrote:
Saw the photos of the fire on TM Wolf, does Gauge know you do not fight a fire in shorts and tee shirt with tennis shoes on.. No works comp. coverage if he was injured..
He was not as close as it seems. Being the Chief, he knows what he is doing. Being smart, he also has enough sense to not put himself in a position to be injured. I assure you Lee is a big boy, and can take care of himself.
Love it

Logan, WV

#13 Aug 22, 2012
I for one loved that place. I really hope they build back. Or even sell their food out of their house idc I just will miss the food
Oh Well Now

Martin, KY

#14 Aug 24, 2012
Excuse Me.. haha Gauze, does that satisfy you. Dick, it doesn't matter if he was inside or out, his attire was inappropriate to fight a fire. Fact is if he had been hurt workmans comp. would not have covered him.. Sorry but it is a safety issue.
get strait wrote:
<quoted text>
first off,get his name right. Second,don't worry about the comp thing. He's on the outside maintaining an exterior hose line. Or do you even know what that? And third,it wasn't a set job. So get your story strait before you run your mouth. You people make me sick.
Will Miss It

Paintsville, KY

#15 Sep 1, 2012
I for one will really miss Grandads, there burgers sure did beat the heck out of McSlop. Not to mention the home-cooked meals which were delicious!
Service was friendly, just a good place all around.
I prefer home town diners over fast food chain restaurants any day.
bout got hit

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 19, 2012
It wasn't a bad diner but it was in a bad bad bad location. I hope if they do rebuild it that they will put it in a better place. I have always heard of people getting hit there. Bad location + old people = a wreck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can you solve this mystery? 1 hr Dr Sherlock Holmes 3
Sasha Newsome 11 hr Someone who knows... 5
Dana Allen 12 hr Gotyou86 3
Matthew Proctor Sat Just A Little Cur... 3
New drug dealers in warfield ky (Jul '16) Fri Kayla 6
what do u thank of John Allen (Sep '15) Dec 14 cantstandrednecks... 11
The Best Gossip in Martin county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (Dec '09) Dec 14 Help this grandma 16

Inez Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Inez Mortgages