good looking

Winchester, KY

#41 Feb 5, 2012
I will say this, to be the age of Jim, he damn sure is one good looking man, hott.
that is all i have to say.
PrideofMallie

Prestonsburg, KY

#42 Feb 6, 2012
He seems like a nice guy, but all business people pretend to be nice guys. I know he's in charge of the economic development bunch that tells Kelly and the fiscal court what to spend our coal taxes on. And I know all the projects he recommends winds up making money for him and his family. That's what I know. You think the materials for the office building or ball fields or history building didn't come from his companies? Yeah, right? Then he forces all him employees to buy insurance from his Elite stores and do business with his real estate companies and buy gas and oil changes from his overpriced Fast Lane operations. I wonder who wound up owning the Inez Pump and Shop property before it got sold to the Inez bank --where Jim is the board chairman? Wanna make a bet? Why do we need a new courthouse when, for just a little bit of money, we could make it a showplace for Martin County? Lord knows, the current officeholders and their family employees don't need the room. Most of them don't show up for work, anyways. The thing is, even with all the money the economic development has spent in Inez while Jim's been the chairman, they haven't created one new job in the county and the only people making money off the projects have been Mr. Booth and his relatives. Meanwhile, seems to me he's holding all these empty buildings in town hostage to whatever bogus public project he can come up with to spend our coal taxes -- not his -- on himself and his Booth Club. If you ain't a member, too bad for you.
Black Gold

Inez, KY

#43 May 13, 2012
john wrote:
jim and linda r good people but there son in law ryan is a real prick jim made him a job so he is better that everbody

Yes they made their son in law a more respectable job at the expense of a really nice lady. I know she worked harder than anyone and was so good to all of us who needed help. Once I went 3 months trying to get a bill paid and she did it with one phone call. What's working there now won't turn a hand. That bunch is heartless.I hate them. must not matter too much to them how the public sees that office down there. Now I try not go there unless I have to.
HMMM

Williamson, WV

#44 May 13, 2012
Doesn't Jim Booth own the old house on 23 in Lawrence County that was just burned down?
Kelly Long

Williamson, WV

#45 Aug 22, 2012
Sure, Mr. Booth made some jobs, but do you realize that he has a monopoly? every penny you people spend goes right back into his bank. all those gas stations and apartments bring it right back around. He is not the saviour. Has done some good, but don't get all warm and fuzzy that he cares. You really do not know him. He may keep a few of you working, while in the meantime he reaps big rewards for himself, all his kids and grandkids. Where would they all be if he couldn't sell that coal? Wake up!
bork

Williamson, WV

#46 Aug 22, 2012
Kelly Long wrote:
Sure, Mr. Booth made some jobs, but do you realize that he has a monopoly? every penny you people spend goes right back into his bank. all those gas stations and apartments bring it right back around. He is not the saviour. Has done some good, but don't get all warm and fuzzy that he cares. You really do not know him. He may keep a few of you working, while in the meantime he reaps big rewards for himself, all his kids and grandkids. Where would they all be if he couldn't sell that coal? Wake up!
For every Booth owned business in this town, I can think of one alternative for each that is thriving. So no, he has no monopolies.

The money they spend does indeed go back into his pockets. Which then goes back into the local economy. How do you see that as a bad thing? Did you skip economics class or something? And kudos to him for even doing that, I sure as hell would not invest in martin county.

Why should he and his family not reap the rewards of his success? Whats wrong with that? Where would they be if not selling coal? Working normal 9-5 jobs like everyone else, in school? Who knows, and who the hell cares? You are trying to vilify someone without have any good arguments.
Kelly Long

Williamson, WV

#47 Aug 23, 2012
bork wrote:
<quoted text>
For every Booth owned business in this town, I can think of one alternative for each that is thriving. So no, he has no monopolies.
The money they spend does indeed go back into his pockets. Which then goes back into the local economy. How do you see that as a bad thing? Did you skip economics class or something? And kudos to him for even doing that, I sure as hell would not invest in martin county.
Why should he and his family not reap the rewards of his success? Whats wrong with that? Where would they be if not selling coal? Working normal 9-5 jobs like everyone else, in school? Who knows, and who the hell cares? You are trying to vilify someone without have any good arguments.
REPLY: then why does he name his business locations after the Monopoly board game? Park Place, etc. I don't see much he's put back into the economy. With all the severance coal money and what he's made, residents shouldn't have to drive someplace else for food and goods, and shouldn't have to pay to use community center. If that was a county built structure built by coal money, why are his people running it and making profit?
bork

Williamson, WV

#48 Aug 23, 2012
Kelly Long wrote:
<quoted text>
REPLY: then why does he name his business locations after the Monopoly board game? Park Place, etc. I don't see much he's put back into the economy. With all the severance coal money and what he's made, residents shouldn't have to drive someplace else for food and goods, and shouldn't have to pay to use community center. If that was a county built structure built by coal money, why are his people running it and making profit?
Are you trying to mess with me, or are you really that stupid? Let me explain this to you, the locations in the game Monopoly, are named after generic locations that every city in the U.S uses. Main Street, boardwalk, park place, etc. As much as I want Booth to name a place "kick ass boulevard." he just uses theses common names.

You don't see that much he has put back into the local economy? Have you tried stepping outside your house? Asking everyone in town who their employer is? They don't have to drive some place else for food. There are several big stores right in town, oh and a fourth that Booth is building.

At least he built us a community center. You think the assholes we voted in would have done that? All we get is some gravel here and there during election season. And you can't run a place with out turning a profit. This town is so bad, the guy has likely lost money doing it.
Black Gold

Williamson, WV

#49 Aug 23, 2012
Well, he has to keep up those 3 dead beat son-in-laws. Pitiful!
sucks

Logan, WV

#50 Aug 31, 2012
who talk good about them are soooooooooooo ,,sucks//GREED LIES CEAZY..HES A DICK TATOR..
Confused

Inez, KY

#51 Sep 1, 2012
Let Mr Booth close the businesses he owns and the the people of Martin county can worry about how they are going to feed their families and pay their bills....I am sure he tells people what to do - he is the boss or owner of the companies and it is his job to tell people to do their jobs and to hold people accountable. Good job Mr Booth.
As for him taking care of his family good for Mr Booth again that is what a man is supposed to do. Stop bitching about Jim Booth and get on with your lives.
lol

Williamson, WV

#52 Sep 1, 2012
sucks wrote:
who talk good about them are soooooooooooo ,,sucks//GREED LIES CEAZY..HES A DICK TATOR..
You mean Dictator. Care to explain how?
Haha

Logan, WV

#53 Sep 3, 2012
I wish jim put in a Wendy's or long John silvers or bowling lane I love see one them come in our town or Walmart too !!!
bobby spears

Ivel, KY

#54 Oct 18, 2012
Jim and Linda Booth is good people. I have worked for them all threw the 90's in a construction trade. and they always paid me good and was very good to me.
Amused

Georgetown, KY

#55 Oct 27, 2012
Unknown wrote:
So they do so much for the county ,, where has the difference been made I sure can't see it & I think it's so funny that when Diane Sawyer was doing her interview down in his mine that he had to be present and make sure the miners couldn't speak freely. But yet he is so honest,, RIGHT
So what did he owe the county, anyway? Nothing. Yeah, he owed the county nothing. If I had a mine and Diane Sawyer was in it, I'd be there, too. His miners couldn't speak freely? They weren't there to speak to the media; they were there to work. Get real, people, and mind your own business for a change.
A friend

Kalamazoo, MI

#56 Oct 29, 2012
The truth wrote:
Ok there such great people and so good,,blah blah blah,,I've never seen them out in town shakin hands or getting to know the people of this county no they would rather live in Flordia or hawaii at one of there huge houses, I think they are a slap in a face to Martin county to bad they won't leave, and the only real reason Jim made it out on top was because he was at the right place at the right time in the coal world,, thanks to hubb cline
You are an idiot...and you have no idea what your talking about. You should only comment on thinks that you actually know about...you clearly do not know the Booth's or anything about them
employee

Meally, KY

#57 Oct 30, 2012
i think jim should run for president, he would have my vote
employee

Meally, KY

#58 Oct 30, 2012
who cares if i go pump my gas at a fast change, or rent an apartment off jim booth, as long as i got money in my pocket, and paying my bills im happy!
Rufus

Paintsville, KY

#59 Nov 14, 2012
The positive comments regarding Jim and Linda Booth are so up-lifting. They, especially, like to give back to the community where they grew up and have several businesses that employ a few thousand people. They never flaunt their wealth and are just good "down to earth" people. They are a true example of how beginning "hard work" at an early age along with the intelligence of priortizing investments along the way and never loosing site of their "roots" pays off! What a wonderful couple for inspiration to many future generations!
daman

Inez, KY

#60 Nov 14, 2012
jim and linda are good people iv talked with jim a few times.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New trial for Brandon Sluss 1 hr Nob 1
Martin county cops 5 hr Concerned citizen 1
Why is there no Martin County fair anymore? 12 hr county 6
Cops up west Eden lane 12 hr joe 5
Booth Energy (Oct '13) Fri Makes me sick 53
Dr. Chaffins office Dec 18 Seperated 1
who do you think is pretty that works at Mcdona... (Jan '10) Dec 18 haha 95
Inez Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web