First Prev
of 5
Next Last
just me

Louisa, KY

#1 Aug 2, 2009
why dont they help the martin county people more financially instead of just putting in business every 5 feet apart
Amanda

Richmond, KY

#2 Aug 2, 2009
They are helping people financially...They are giving the community more jobs!
dqwohio

Logan, WV

#3 Aug 2, 2009
They are not just gonna hand out money to people.... that's what welfare and disability are for and there are enough people in this county that are getting those! If it weren't for them, this county would have nothing. It would be a ghost town! They have provided tons of jobs for people who otherwise would not be able to find them and would have to move elsewhere. THANK YOU JIM AND LINDA FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
LOl

Whitman, WV

#4 Aug 2, 2009
I think that they are doing Martin Co. some Good if it was not for jim and linda we would not have the community center and they are what has got the community going right.
Get Over It

Peach Creek, WV

#5 Aug 2, 2009
People are jealous of anyone that has anything that they dont have! Jim Booth has did more for Martin County than anyone. If not for him lots of people wouldnt have a job here! People need to be thankful for what he has done. Jim was not born rich he was not handed money, he started out poor just like the rest of us! He was a good buisness man, invested well, and earned everything that he has. He has put lots of hard work into having the things he does. And I admire him greatly for that. He is a very smart man. And I will say thank you to him for all that he has done here, he employed me for many years, which in turn provided lots of things for my children without me having to go outside the county to get a job!
The truth

Louisa, KY

#6 Aug 2, 2009
Ok there such great people and so good,,blah blah blah,,I've never seen them out in town shakin hands or getting to know the people of this county no they would rather live in Flordia or hawaii at one of there huge houses, I think they are a slap in a face to Martin county to bad they won't leave, and the only real reason Jim made it out on top was because he was at the right place at the right time in the coal world,, thanks to hubb cline
Big money

Louisa, KY

#7 Aug 2, 2009
I agree I think anyone who would have a house like that built in Martin county Is a show off and a sick person
LaRaya_Fields

Logan, WV

#8 Aug 2, 2009
just me wrote:
why dont they help the martin county people more financially instead of just putting in business every 5 feet apart
Thats their way of helping. They put in businesses to supply more jobs for Martin County people. They put in the community center in hopes that Martin County would have a nice, clean & drug-free place for the kids. That's just to start with. Not to mention the money and the property that Jim has supplied to help improve Martin County. Linda is a very active member of the church and she helps alot with the kids. The reason Martin County is growing so large is mostly because of Jim & Linda Booth.
lol

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Aug 2, 2009
jim booth work his ass off to get what he has thats why he has those big houses everywhere so he can enjoy his self, if not why make the money i dont work for him anymore but i will say if he meets you once he remembers you and seems to be a good guy.
Ms C A T

United States

#10 Aug 2, 2009
Both Jim & Linda are wonderful people.. they've done alot for the county and the area. Sounds to me as if someone in Lexington is jealous.. I've worked for Jim for 30 years and have known him most of my life so I do believe I know a bit more about them.
Linda is one of the best women I have ever met and would help anyone with good reason..
truer

Jefferson, GA

#11 Aug 2, 2009
The don't own a house in either Florida or Hawaii. Where do you get your info?
truer

Jefferson, GA

#12 Aug 2, 2009
Btw where would you work if Jim Booth did leave Martin County? I don't think there are any other jobs there.
Kentucky

Man, WV

#13 Aug 3, 2009
Jim is a very humble man and Linda is a good woman, leave them alone. If not for them, we wouldn't have what jobs we have in this county. Sure they masy not be the best paying jobs around, but at least it is jobs.
Honestly

Belfry, KY

#14 Aug 3, 2009
People in this county want a handout. That is what is wrong with Martin Co. Some people just have no pride. They wouldn't work if you paid them $50.00 an hour. I'm not speaking all of Martin Co. but a big portion of it. Jim and Linda has put back in the community and there is no arguing that. For the one that is downing them for building a big house, I'm sure if you had the means to build such a house you would have one too. It's not a slap in the face, it's a lesson to our children. A lesson that education and hard work pays off.
Marcum

Morgantown, WV

#15 Aug 3, 2009
Hey, i have alot of respect for Mr.Booth.
he is a hard workn person, unlike most of the people in martin county. Yeah he does have a big house an nice things but when you actualy work an make something of yourself theres nothing wrong with that.So for you people who sit around and not work, dont get mad cause someone else has done somehting with there self.
Unknown

Louisa, KY

#16 Aug 12, 2009
Wow really,,what great people they are
after 22 years

Richmond, KY

#17 Aug 13, 2009
Big money wrote:
I agree I think anyone who would have a house like that built in Martin county Is a show off and a sick person
I love there house, and if they can afford it then more power to them, so just cuz your jealous you think someone shouldnt have a nice house in martin county? that is there home, where they chose to live and raise there children, they are no certain places that someone with money has to live, or hide there wealth from some jealous people....
I think they are doing a great job, and you need to keep your opinion to yourself..........get a life.....
Mika_Blevins_ Adams

Kermit, WV

#18 Aug 13, 2009
Hehe - "a show off and a sick person" by building a house like that - you crack me up! You can't tell me in perfect honesty that if you had the money and the opportunity that you wouldn't do the same. Jim and Linda (and Andrea!) are wonderful neighbors and employers. I am grateful for how much they do for the community! Linda is always the same whenever you meet her - always friendly, and Mr. Booth takes care of his employees. While I would LOVE to have a nice new home of my own (instead of my little trailer), I cannot understand berating people who have nice homes - especially if they've worked hard for what they have. Like Momma said - if you don't have something good to say about someone, it's best to not say anything at all.
LaRaya_Fields

Logan, WV

#19 Aug 13, 2009
Mika_Blevins_ Adams wrote:
Hehe - "a show off and a sick person" by building a house like that - you crack me up! You can't tell me in perfect honesty that if you had the money and the opportunity that you wouldn't do the same. Jim and Linda (and Andrea!) are wonderful neighbors and employers. I am grateful for how much they do for the community! Linda is always the same whenever you meet her - always friendly, and Mr. Booth takes care of his employees. While I would LOVE to have a nice new home of my own (instead of my little trailer), I cannot understand berating people who have nice homes - especially if they've worked hard for what they have. Like Momma said - if you don't have something good to say about someone, it's best to not say anything at all.
I totally agree with you. I think they are just jelous. Jim is good to everyone and so is Linda. I think you hit the nail on the head!!
Angel

Williamson, WV

#20 Aug 14, 2009
I met Linda recently and she shared a very personal story with me about her sister's struggle with cancer. She didn't even know me but she built me up and was so sweet and outgoing. I dont like the fact that we feel the need to put people down based on their social status. To me, she seemed like a down to earth country girl who had good things going for her. I was glad to have met her. Thank you for being so open Linda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Spence 1 hr heehaw 17
Inez Rite Aid is so white trash 6 hr heehaw 2
cryystal chaffins hale 19 hr her Brother 2
crystal Hale (Apr '13) 20 hr someone 6
Daltons Food Pantry coming to town, April 11, 9am Mon Theresa Brooks 4
Cambrian coal taking over teco coal Sun Wonder 5
What happen to Britney fields ? May 22 Parent 6
More from around the web

Inez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE