Who thinks Religion is the dumbest th...
Bible thumper

Lenore, WV

#64 May 7, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>Why would someone care what name you give yourself. A lot of ppl refer to strong religious ppl as bible thumpers, I see nothing wrong with that no reason to call you a religious bigot. To me all it means is you love to read your bible, you hold it dear to your heart. It means nothing bad so don't take offense to someone whom is just trying to hurt your feelings.
Thanks, Why. I wouldn't change it. You got me pegged. I do love the word and i love the Lord. He sure is worthy to be praised! God bless you!
my opinion

Logan, WV

#65 May 8, 2012
I have been hurt by so called christians of the past and I suffered for it. I decided they will not be the ones standing in judgement for me so I will not let my heart be dirty because of them. You can tell how a person really is because of the fruit they bear.
I have seen a couple of the locals here be sneaking, dirty and mean to others and then go to my church on sunday and hoot and holler and act like a big goodie goodie. They know who they are.
I do believe in God but he has some really crappy people here on earth that make problems with my faith. All I can do is pray that he helps me get through it somehow.
As far as religon and atheism, neither side will budge unless some miracle happens that lets them know beyond a doubt that there really is a God. In this case I was an atheist at one time. Even though I had this blackness in my life and soul everyday, I pushed through praying to what I hoped was really a God to show me. It took a long time and I won't mention what happened because it would take up alot of space, God revealed himself to me in a way that I do know he is real and now I am on the side of the believers and like I say I won't budge.
Bible thumper

Lenore, WV

#66 May 8, 2012
2And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
8Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
10Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.
12How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
13And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
14Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish.
Jesus and the Children
Matthew Chapter 18 : 12
15Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
18Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
Bible thumper

Lenore, WV

#67 May 8, 2012
1At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of he32Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:

33Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?

34And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

35So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.
35So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses
sorry if its messed up, it only allowed me so many characters....I hope this helps! They will stand for themselves. We all will. But remember one thing......I'D RATHER GO TO CHURCH WITH A HYPOCRITE THAN TO GO TO HELL WITH ONE!
Alex

Inez, KY

#68 May 10, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>Why would someone care what name you give yourself. A lot of ppl refer to strong religious ppl as bible thumpers, I see nothing wrong with that no reason to call you a religious bigot. To me all it means is you love to read your bible, you hold it dear to your heart. It means nothing bad so don't take offense to someone whom is just trying to hurt your feelings.
You're being delusional.

I'm not just "trying to hurt [his] feelings."; I'm pointing out that the term he is using is used as an insult. Whether you like it or not, that is how the term is used.

Seriously - how is trying to convince someone to abandon a label almost universally applied as an insult trying to hurt their feelings? Would you say the same thing if a woman decided to call herself a slut, completely ignoring the way the word is actually used, and I tried to convince her to stop calling herself one?
Bible thumper

Logan, WV

#69 May 13, 2012
you are what you are
Tristen Bowen

Williamson, WV

#70 May 17, 2012
How could your loving, caring, passionate god bring billions of people into this world, allow them to be taught the wrong religion and be told christianity is wrong, then die and automatically go to hell?
poky1conoby

Inez, KY

#72 May 25, 2012
i would just like to say i read some of the comments you will be sorry and you will have to answer for what you say. I am not a christine but religion is wonderful thing jesus christ was a jew he is my savior and he died for you and me. The people on here that is saying these things they are ignorate and should have never posted these things on here.
Bible Thumper

Logan, WV

#73 May 28, 2012
Tristen, you answered yourself. Apparently you know the way the truth and the life, Jesus Christ. The devil is a deceaver...The Father of lies. Its obvious you understand this. Choose ye this day in whom ye shall serve. Either you are a servant of satan or God. Remember, Hell was made for the devil and his angels for their disobediance. It was not made for man but that is where you are sending yourself if you are not saved. But point being this, He made all these people to serve HIM, not satan, we have a choice...what is yours?
Ryne

Inez, KY

#74 May 28, 2012
Bible Thumper wrote:
Tristen, you answered yourself. Apparently you know the way the truth and the life, Jesus Christ. The devil is a deceaver...The Father of lies. Its obvious you understand this. Choose ye this day in whom ye shall serve. Either you are a servant of satan or God. Remember, Hell was made for the devil and his angels for their disobediance. It was not made for man but that is where you are sending yourself if you are not saved. But point being this, He made all these people to serve HIM, not satan, we have a choice...what is yours?
How do you know yours isn't also one of those "false religions" you just dismissed out of hand? If Satan is so powerful, as you seem to be claiming that he is more powerful than God (otherwise, God would simply not allow him to meddle and deceive people, unless,of course, God is a petty, evil God, which is a different discussion), what makes you think you're immune from being deceived by him?
Noachide of eastern Kentu

Williamson, WV

#75 May 31, 2012
There's more than just Christianity out there. If religion isn't for you that's fine but at least look into other spiritualistic outlets before you give up on it all together. And if you do look into them don't find out from somebody else...by that I mean if you want to know about Buddhism ask a Buddhist if you want to know about Judaism ask a Jew.
Ryne

Inez, KY

#76 Jun 6, 2012
Noachide of eastern Kentu wrote:
There's more than just Christianity out there. If religion isn't for you that's fine but at least look into other spiritualistic outlets before you give up on it all together. And if you do look into them don't find out from somebody else...by that I mean if you want to know about Buddhism ask a Buddhist if you want to know about Judaism ask a Jew.
Deconversions aren't just people "giving up" on spiritualism. Most of the time, it starts out with a challenge to their belief, and, in trying to defend it against that challenge, they realize they never really had a legitimate reason to believe that.

Deconversions are long, drawn out, and often very emotional - it's not like just flipping a light switch.
REALITY

Hoboken, NJ

#77 Sep 15, 2012
You all can't be serious. Religion is the dumbest thing ever created. The more I really think about religion the more I get depressed about humans. To me if you believe in religion then you believe in ufos, ghosts, wwf wrestling, and whatever else is made up. Like do people really believe in jesus or that moses split the red sea. Are people that dumb. I swear if I had a lie detector test that was never wrong and if you tried to lie it would kill you, then everyone would see no one believes in religion deep down inside. Like way deep down inside your thoughts, and you will see no one believes this stuff. Its made up, its sooo pathetic. There is over a thousand religions, like do you all think yours is right and everyone is wrong. hahahaha. Your all wrong because its a made up thing. People back in the day were sooo dumb and didn't know how things were made or why they happened. So they created religion to keep everyone in control and not kill or steal for each other. So for example they came up with this stuff like if you steal or kill from someone your going to hell. People believed this crap and behaved or its thundering because god is mad at you. Are you kidding? How do people still believe this. From there, other religions were created because some other guy wanted attention and be a big shot so he created some other religion to fill his ego. Thus creating more fake stuff that he came up with. The best part is because all these dumb religions were made up years ago, that people actually believe this stuff. Its extremely scary when you really think of it. I cant wait for the religions people to respond like ooo your going to hell. hahaha. Like there is even a hell or any other dumb thing they believe.
Good Point

Sitka, KY

#78 Sep 18, 2012
To Mr. Moore from Gainsville, good point.
Curious

Peach Creek, WV

#79 Sep 18, 2012
REALITY wrote:
You all can't be serious. Religion is the dumbest thing ever created. The more I really think about religion the more I get depressed about humans. To me if you believe in religion then you believe in ufos, ghosts, wwf wrestling, and whatever else is made up. Like do people really believe in jesus or that moses split the red sea. Are people that dumb. I swear if I had a lie detector test that was never wrong and if you tried to lie it would kill you, then everyone would see no one believes in religion deep down inside. Like way deep down inside your thoughts, and you will see no one believes this stuff. Its made up, its sooo pathetic. There is over a thousand religions, like do you all think yours is right and everyone is wrong. hahahaha. Your all wrong because its a made up thing. People back in the day were sooo dumb and didn't know how things were made or why they happened. So they created religion to keep everyone in control and not kill or steal for each other. So for example they came up with this stuff like if you steal or kill from someone your going to hell. People believed this crap and behaved or its thundering because god is mad at you. Are you kidding? How do people still believe this. From there, other religions were created because some other guy wanted attention and be a big shot so he created some other religion to fill his ego. Thus creating more fake stuff that he came up with. The best part is because all these dumb religions were made up years ago, that people actually believe this stuff. Its extremely scary when you really think of it. I cant wait for the religions people to respond like ooo your going to hell. hahaha. Like there is even a hell or any other dumb thing they believe.
How do you believe life originated?
REALITY

Hoboken, NJ

#80 Sep 18, 2012
Its called Evolution. Religion is just a made up thing that people take way to serious now. Humans like to be in groups and feel apart of something. Its our basic nature. Like I said before do you really think your religion is right, and all the thousands of religions are wrong. Cmon people. Its made up and you all know it. Im not some anti religious preacher or anything. Im just normal guy from NJ who works for living and has a family to take care of. Like do you really think praying in a church that was built by some Italian construction company with probably union workers, all of sudden gets built and becomes some holy building to pray in and talk to god. Just think of it this way. If there was no religion ever created, and all of sudden some random guy during this week invented religion, god, and all the bullshit made up stuff that comes with it. Would he have followers or be called crazy. Its all made up and everyone deep down inside knows it. Everyone is almost the same, I don't care what you believe in. Humans just want to live a happy life, do some memorable stuff during it, are semi selfish(rightfully so), get enough sleep, and not have money problems. Somehow religion got in the way of that because some bullshit stories were created way back when people didn't know anything and believed everything. So the end result turns into the mess and big business we have today called religion.
Curious

Peach Creek, WV

#81 Sep 19, 2012
REALITY wrote:
Its called Evolution. Religion is just a made up thing that people take way to serious now. Humans like to be in groups and feel apart of something. Its our basic nature. Like I said before do you really think your religion is right, and all the thousands of religions are wrong. Cmon people. Its made up and you all know it. Im not some anti religious preacher or anything. Im just normal guy from NJ who works for living and has a family to take care of. Like do you really think praying in a church that was built by some Italian construction company with probably union workers, all of sudden gets built and becomes some holy building to pray in and talk to god. Just think of it this way. If there was no religion ever created, and all of sudden some random guy during this week invented religion, god, and all the bullshit made up stuff that comes with it. Would he have followers or be called crazy. Its all made up and everyone deep down inside knows it. Everyone is almost the same, I don't care what you believe in. Humans just want to live a happy life, do some memorable stuff during it, are semi selfish(rightfully so), get enough sleep, and not have money problems. Somehow religion got in the way of that because some bullshit stories were created way back when people didn't know anything and believed everything. So the end result turns into the mess and big business we have today called religion.
How would you explain evolution? Not sure I completely understand it?
PPPP

Prestonsburg, KY

#82 Sep 19, 2012
ME!
Damam

Inez, KY

#84 Oct 2, 2012
Who ever said religion is dumb are people that would the president dick hey I'm not a Christian but I know his there hey he never said u had u had to believe in him ur free. Will go ahead be a dumb ass I don't give a shit what other people believe in cause the only option that matters is mine
Anonymous

Kermit, WV

#85 Oct 2, 2012
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Inez Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheldon Clark High School (Jan '10) 6 hr bath co wants to ... 52
Who's seeing who ??? 6 hr bath co wants to ... 10
booth energy 18 hr Cowboy 10
Can we give Superintendent Meadows back to Bath... (Sep '14) 21 hr bath co wants to ... 44
Katie and Tim (Aug '14) Thu Russell the Love ... 4
did nebert really buy black boy? Thu Fat Joe 2
What do you think about Nicole Davis??? (May '09) Thu mahumunuh 6
More from around the web

Inez People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Inez Mortgages