LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

From what I get the fees to participate in each league are about the same.
Say $300 to $400 per team
What's different is that CSL charges a "Club" fee and a Ref fee to join. Sig does not.

What makes Club more expensive is the high end uniforms,(2), equipment, training, and tournaments.
So if each team, be it Club or Sig collects from amongst themselves this extra fees its not LMSA's problem.

I could be wrong but generally speaking I think this is about right
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

per team Signature cost 225 more or less to enter their gaming circuit. CSL charges 500 or so dollars. LMSA does not charge a club fee for their teams, which is where some of the dollars go when you play club ball. Most all clubs charge a club fee, but as we are not for profit. We really try to keep the costs down for all players and provide competition at all levels. Tops, Rec, Sig, and now club.

Additonally, the club teams should be giving back in the way of training or some other service to our organization, so that we are continually increasing our knowledge base, and not continually reinventing the wheel.
Soccer Dad

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

I think not charging a club fee is a bad idea. Or you should lower your signature costs. The playing circuit fees are set forth and can't be adjusted but the league LMSA should do something for these teams.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Soccer Dad wrote:
I think not charging a club fee is a bad idea. Or you should lower your signature costs. The playing circuit fees are set forth and can't be adjusted but the league LMSA should do something for these teams.
If you look at the matrix on the website most of the money goes back to team minus uniforms insurance, with the signature monies the coaches can pay for a bit of training or a tournament, which in my opinion increases their competitiveness. What would you suggest as a club fee why and what would it be used for?
LMSA Parent

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Timmi J wrote:
<quoted text>If you look at the matrix on the website most of the money goes back to team minus uniforms insurance, with the signature monies the coaches can pay for a bit of training or a tournament, which in my opinion increases their competitiveness. What would you suggest as a club fee why and what would it be used for?

The Club fee is used to pay the Club Administrators for running the Club, handling all the paperwork and such as well as paying for any field or equipment needs.
Since LMSA's admin and field/city/equipment costs are included in the initial Reg fees that ALL players pay and the Administrators are volunteers no Club fee is needed.

In LMSA Rec and Sig all ref fees are included in the initial reg fees will this be true for Club as well ?
dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Charge club the same as sig and rec. Then, have each club team pay additional for tournaments and trainers. Let the teams themselves decide how many tournaments to participate in and how much they are willing to pay trainer.
club coach

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

What I do is, let parents that can be trusted (teachers are prefered option) take control of the monies. Collect from all parents but have a trusted group decide on expenditures. We dont want our monies to get legs and walk off.
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

LMSA Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
The Club fee is used to pay the Club Administrators for running the Club, handling all the paperwork and such as well as paying for any field or equipment needs.
Since LMSA's admin and field/city/equipment costs are included in the initial Reg fees that ALL players pay and the Administrators are volunteers no Club fee is needed.
In LMSA Rec and Sig all ref fees are included in the initial reg fees will this be true for Club as well ?
That is how it is to be structured. However, increasing ref costs could require and an additional 10 dollar collection outside of the registration fees. We are trying to make it cost neutral so that our treasure is not having to make this their full time job cutting a check every 5 minutes, which increases our cost effectiveness. does that make sense?
Timmi J

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

dad wrote:
Charge club the same as sig and rec. Then, have each club team pay additional for tournaments and trainers. Let the teams themselves decide how many tournaments to participate in and how much they are willing to pay trainer.
Sig and Club cost significantly more thank rec. Our thought is to show to the parents transparency, by showing the actual costs of Signature and Club. The thing we do not want and are trying to prohibit is the profiteering under our LMSA banner. Specifically, we want to demonstrate with a clear and unambiguous voice that the costs we collect are the true costs for signature and club. If someone wants a different club experience then there are many options who will cash your checks gladly. Please realize that I am not denigrating those programs just illustrating how we are trying to maintain transparency and clarity of purpose for soccer at all level for the most reasonable costs.
TEACHER

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Apr 21, 2013 ... An elementary school teacher who police say embezzled about $3500 while serving as treasurer of the Richford Parent Teacher Organization
omg

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

dad wrote:
So LMSA should do what LMSA is doing. Glad you agree since that is exactly what is happening now and was happening since the beginning of LMSAs Signature program. None of the 125 collected goes into league funds look at the breakdown grasshopper.
dad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

omg wrote:
<quoted text>
So LMSA should do what LMSA is doing. Glad you agree since that is exactly what is happening now and was happening since the beginning of LMSAs Signature program. None of the 125 collected goes into league funds look at the breakdown grasshopper.
Whoa there missy! No need for the attitude! Hard day? Go pour yourself a glass of Merlot and relax!
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

The League Should Have Waited To Size The Kids Uniforms For Signature......Now All Players Feel Entitlrment To STay. Teams Havnt Been Formed And Completed. Some Kids Will Get Dropped. False Hope For Players.
Club Coach

Concord, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Looks like XplosionSC has most of there teams advancing into Semi-finals for Spring Cup.
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

So Does LMSA.....Plenty Of Signature Teams Making The Four Top Spots In Spring League. U 11,12,13 Boys U 11,12 Girls That I Know Of In Jusa.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Yeah, both are doing ok in and for what they are.
LMSA is Rec and does well in Rec. with a couple of the Club teams moving on
And Xplosion teams doing well in Spring Cup which is lower level Club.
Now it's the next round for both programs.

LMSA Rec will do well since they are playing the same type of teams they have faced so far in JUSA Spring League.

As for Xplosion teams they will start meeting better quality teams in these new match.
Teams that are upper level Bronze and Silver teams. It should really help them gauge there development.

Good luck everyone
jusais

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

lmsa dad wrote:
So Does LMSA.....Plenty Of Signature Teams Making The Four Top Spots In Spring League. U 11,12,13 Boys U 11,12 Girls That I Know Of In Jusa.
is jusa sig only gaming circuit?congrats to LMSA for advancing in JUSA, and to XPLOSION for 10 plus teams advancing in Spring Cup. Both are commendable
Timmi J

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I believe those teams are in the semi's of CSL (CLUB) circuit. not JUSA
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

JUSA had 2 divisions, All-Stars which some Sig teams participate in and Rec.

There is a separate Sig Spring League hosted by ESL, which is endorsed by Cal South,(who didn't host Sig this Spring), but the LMSA teams, for their own reasons, choose not to participate.
LMSA Parent

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Timmi J wrote:
I believe those teams are in the semi's of CSL (CLUB) circuit. not JUSA
In CSL Spring some matches are Quarterfinals and some are Semifinals. It's pretty much equally divided. Divisions that have a lot of teams are at Quarterfinals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Industry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tafoya and Cook in Court Again Today 7 min Bye bye 2
R an M ranch 1 hr Ranchita 5
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 1 hr Either Or 4,992
CAUTION! Do not purchase from Sunny Sports Inc.... (Nov '08) 2 hr HerbertAtTheScoot... 652
1 dead, 1 wounded in Baldwin Park shooting (Nov '12) 2 hr Truth be told 108
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr anonymous 26,977
Fugitive sought for shooting of pregnant woman ... (Nov '11) 3 hr Truth be told 51

Search the Industry Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Industry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Industry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••