• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
15,901 - 15,920 of 15,963 Comments Last updated 14 hrs ago
Gladys Kravitz

San Francisco, CA

#17426 Jun 30, 2014
Good thing I always mind my own business.
Flashed

Monrovia, CA

#17427 Jun 30, 2014
March has come and gone now it's July soon.
ThomasA

Birmingham, AL

#17428 Jun 30, 2014
Bruno24 wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is due to prohibition, not to the product itself. That's why we debate for legalizing it.
You could say that cannabis is the most dangerous drug, as even a few gram on you can send you to jail! But again, this shows humans are dangerous, not marijuana.
Legalize all drugs, because prohibition injures and kills more than all drugs together, and it corrupts the entire society from top to bottom.
Even if legalized, you would still be subject to testing and being fired if your employer has a WRITTEN zero tolerance drug policy. That will not and cannot change until the government drops the workman's comp laws that say an employer has to insure employees safety and wellbeing. An on the job accident now requires testing at the emergency room or industrial medicine office so having it in your system will cause major problems. Get in a serious wreck that's not even your fault and if you're tested positive, the fault comes back on you with a DUI and cancelled or high risk insurance.
Flashed

Monrovia, CA

#17429 Jun 30, 2014
Soon July 204 will be done with August happening.
ixnay on the

San Diego, CA

#17430 Jun 30, 2014
Maybe legalize it 40 years ago when all the hippies were being raped and murdered by the red necks. Now, they're all gone and the ones who are profiting from legalization are foreigners and big business. It's all wrong now. Medical marijuana, if it cures or helps, fine. But recreational pot, it's all for the wrong people now.

You'll never know how damaged the American family got from the felony possession arrests that Beaver and Wally got back then. Now, after all these decades, that family unit is gone and what is left isn't American at all. There's simply no recreation in the drug now. If you realize all the devastation it's caused, it's just not fun. It's medicine, fine, but all the happiness that came with bagging a lid has left with the American family that raised you to adulthood.

And that was an American family that did that, not the folk who are here now with all these legalization movements.

My opinion.
Oinkie

Monrovia, CA

#17431 Jul 1, 2014
Oinkie says what up doc?
michael

San Diego, CA

#17435 Jul 10, 2014
Jimbo wrote:
Im all for it. I smoke it everie hour im awaik. As and offishal i can say i stronglie support it. Vote Scattinni for police cheif there two.
fiting for you!
Jimbo
I do not think this JIMBO is real. this was obviously posted by someone trying to
portray pot smokers as stupid non spellers.
no one could perfectly misspell that many words in one paragraph.
nice try, dude
21 and over

Monrovia, CA

#17436 Jul 10, 2014
Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:

- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.

- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.

- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.

- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#17437 Jul 11, 2014
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> Even if legalized, you would still be subject to testing and being fired if your employer has a WRITTEN zero tolerance drug policy. That will not and cannot change until the government drops the workman's comp laws that say an employer has to insure employees safety and wellbeing. An on the job accident now requires testing at the emergency room or industrial medicine office so having it in your system will cause major problems. Get in a serious wreck that's not even your fault and if you're tested positive, the fault comes back on you with a DUI and cancelled or high risk insurance.
Even the DEA begin to hire cyber-hackers smoking pot, because,...well they don't find good computer hackers not smoking pot.
Once pot is legal, the lies will sleep at last, and eventually both the insurance companies and the employers will promote medication and recreative plants like cannabis, salvia, iboga, because they improve health and productivity. Legalize all drugs and tax them on "real" evidence of problems. Hmm... whisky might get expensive, but the insurance companies will pay for your cannabis :)
This topics peaked

Monrovia, CA

#17438 Jul 11, 2014
This topics peaked out.
anti-cop

Oroville, CA

#17444 Jul 24, 2014
SMOKE POT GO TO JAIL wrote:
smoke dope i'll put you in jail.
you will put anyone in jail for whatever reason you want...
i think we should illegalize you cops!
this topic has peakd

Covina, CA

#17445 Jul 24, 2014
This topic has really peaked out try another state instead.
MJB

Elk Grove, CA

#17446 Jul 24, 2014
Many years ago I worked for several years in the HQ of the State Dept. of Corrections. The California Rehabilitation Center (CRC) was an institution for people convicted of serious narcotic offenses. At one point a survey was done of all the inmates in that prison about their first drug use. Almost all of them indicated they started using marijuana and gradually migrated to harder drugs. Narcotics are such a serious problem in our nation and I am not in favor of legalizing a gateway drug to more serious drugs. It has been proven that marijuana is addictive-just like heroin, alcohol, etc. Why would we want to dumb up our country even more!
Mis kites

Covina, CA

#17447 Jul 24, 2014
Acme Pest Control

San Francisco, CA

#17451 Jul 25, 2014
There's nothing more annoying than having your summertime fun ruined by the buzzing and biting of the season's peskiest foes—tea party republicans. Before they breed, congregate, bite, and drive you indoors, give us a call to keep them at bay.
Remote

Covina, CA

#17455 Jul 25, 2014
Never can seem to get this channel to change?
Reality Check

Paducah, KY

#17457 Jul 26, 2014
CitizenTopix wrote:
Proposition 19 would change California Law to Legalize Marijuana and Allow It to Be Regulated and Taxed:
- Allows people 21 years old or older to possess, cultivate, or transport marijuana for personal use.
- Permits local governments to regulate and tax commercial production and sale of marijuana to people 21 years old or older.
- Prohibits people from possessing marijuana on school grounds, using it in public, smoking it while minors are present, or providing it to anyone under 21 years old.
- Maintains current prohibitions against driving while impaired.
How will you vote on November 2?
It does not matter what California does. It is still illegal under federal law. When Obama leaves office the next president could decide to enforce federal law, raid all the growers, sellers, etc. and put them all in federal prison.

No state can nullify federal law.
nw batteries

Covina, CA

#17458 Jul 26, 2014
Never can seem to get this channel to change?

It keeps getting stuck on a stupid one like 17457

Since: Nov 12

Sacramento, CA

#17460 Jul 26, 2014
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not matter what California does. It is still illegal under federal law. When Obama leaves office the next president could decide to enforce federal law, raid all the growers, sellers, etc. and put them all in federal prison.
No state can nullify federal law.
I'm sure the Democrats will use it to scare voters but I doubt a President today could get away with shutting down the State Laws on it.
Spring time

Covina, CA

#17461 Jul 26, 2014
Youth come for the drugs?

What happens when it stars to snow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 5 hr go away 5,007
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr Soaked good 200,593
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
Review: Profix Jewerly And Watch Repair Aug 25 Jonnie S 1
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 25 sex 692
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Aug 19 Ned 123
SB County's district attorney defends his integ... (Nov '08) Aug 18 curious citizen 67
•••
•••
•••

Indio Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indio People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Indio News, Events & Info