Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201845 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202936 Jul 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! An arbitrary judgement of 'wrong'. That the defense of a mature person...
Sorry queen, at this point, my points stand.
Based on your reasoning, the government has removed children in all homes they are at risk in. Really
As to the studies used to excuse depriving a child of one parent gender and placing them in the riskiest default setting, they are the ones debunked as deceptive and unscientific. The one gays slander has been vindicated. Moreover, it simply validates what countless studies have validated for default families.
Example: Children in a home absent a father are FIVE times more likely to get in trouble with the law. You suggest being a lesbian eradicates that danger. The claim would be hilariously stupid if the victim wasn't a child.
You base your opinion on deceitful ignorant bigotry.
I think you make my point for me in your sentences, "Based on your reasoning, the government has removed children in all homes they are at risk in. Really" and "Children in a home absent a father are FIVE times more likely to get in trouble with the law."

Children are allowed to be raised in homes that may not fit what YOU, personally, believe are inappropriate for them.

Courts and jurisdictions have determined that in spite of these "studies", they cannot be used as blanket indicators for how a child will turn out--what kind of home life he or she will experience.

Tens of thousands of LGBT people provide excellent homes for kids. Just as millions of homes headed by straight people provide horrific places to raise children.

Your statistics and studies are basically worthless when it comes to the real world.

Courts, lawmakers, human service agencies, and private adoption firms evaluate the appropriateness of parents and homes on a CASE-BY-CASE basis.

You spew stupidity each time you come here. You deal in abstracts and not reality.

Good luck with that...
laughing man

UK

#202938 Jul 16, 2013
Polyp Cam wrote:
Joanie Rage Stain is covering the earth like Sherwin Williams!
Pull the trigger, Joanie. Turns out that Trayvon didn't accept you after all.
19 minutes and only ONE frikin' measly little negative smilie?

Is The Stain© on life support?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202939 Jul 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, Frankie are you a 3rd class asshat???
According to a master asshat like you, yes. I am third class. But according to any other standards, I'm not an asshat at all.

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#202940 Jul 16, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait for it. This is the bigot's way of setting up a completely mis-representation of what was previous stated. Another example of this tired fundie routine is, "so what you are really saying...".
This allows the fundie to then go off on a tirade based upon something that they made up rather than what was actually stated.
<quoted text>
Actually anyone with half an IQ would realize that it would have to be "of my spouse". The fact that you are confused and think it could be either "me" or "him" shows how ridiculously stupid you are.
<quoted text>
If she was a surrogate, it wasn't her child now was it pumpkin? Honestly, don't you get tired of showing off how stupid you are?
<quoted text>
No dear, we're a full family. Not a damn thing you can do about it. Well, other than childishly post like you are doing. Your pathetic attempts to goad demonstrate your true character. You're a complete c*nt who doesn't mind showing off that fact.
Smile dear.
<quoted text>
I'm sure the children already understand, since they were told and are now practically adults. But please, don't let facts get in the way of continuing your sanctimonious condescension! Watching fundamentalist Christians show off how truly vile they are makes me giddy!!
<quoted text>
Well, being the busy bodied fundie that you are, you do tend to find the stupidest things to be interesting. It's like watching a turkey get excited over something shiny.
<quoted text>
No hon, I realize that c*nts like yourself find it reprehensible. I don't concern myself with what c*nts think.
But thank you hon, for demonstrating to anyone reading this thread what vile people fundamentalist Christians are. Bigots for Jesus!! Smile be-atch!
You know, Kimare pretended to be a preacher for many years. But I have never seen him represent Christianity in the 3 or so years I've observed his posts.

He has done everything in his power to create hatred and fear of God's children--His creation.

Don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk. There is no winning. It's better to just walk away and let him piss himself.

I know a little about his history. You have a better life than Kimare will EVER have.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202941 Jul 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>During the first fights over same sex marriage, the bible and religion where used as a way of denying marriage to gays and lesbians. In this nation we don't make laws based on religion. If the people whom want polygamy are doing so based on religion, the answer is no. Just as it was for denying same sex marriage. It works both ways. The question of polygamy was answered long ago.
Research Service 2
Christianity.6 These bodies of religious law may play as relevant a role in certain legal actions as
sharia might play in others.
In the United States, these religious laws have no legally binding effect on U.S. citizens because
religious laws cannot be adopted by federal, state, or local governments under the First
Amendment. Rather, individuals who identify with a particular religious group may voluntarily
subject themselves to such religious laws by their association with the community.7 For example,
if a particular religious sect or denomination requires its members to dress modestly, and an
individual who is a member of that particular group does not comply with the dress code, that
individual would be in violation of that group’s religious law. The individual’s belief in the
religion’s precepts would guide his or her individual actions, with any sanction for noncompliance
generally remaining a private matter between the individual and the religious group.
The individual would not be subject to any penalty by the government because the government
does not enforce such a dress code. Interestingly, this distinction between religious and secular
laws can become complicated when an action might be governed by both religious law and
secular law. For example, many religious denominations’ beliefs prohibit murder under their
religious code. Both federal and state laws also prohibit murder. Thus, an individual who
commits murder would be in violation of both a religious law and a secular law and may be
sanctioned by the religious group, the government, or both.
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R41824.pdf
Take it to the fundie threads, fundie.

What reason do you have to deny three consenting atheist women marriage?

Religion has little relevance in a discussion of marriage equality, Jizzy, remember? Duh.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202942 Jul 16, 2013
Polyp Cam wrote:
Joanie Rage Stain is covering the earth like Sherwin Williams!
Pull the trigger, Joanie. Turns out that Trayvon didn't accept you after all.
Trayvon would have beat on Jonah1 just as surely as he did on any other crazyass cracka.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#202943 Jul 16, 2013
There was a ban ?!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202944 Jul 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious reasons will not hold water
Welfare, that I can see, as I have found many examples of abuse.
Child abuse, see above statement. Muslims marry as young as 9 years of age. Warren Jeffs, 12 years of age.
The last, well dats our Frankie
You are forgetting about equality.

There are perfectly good laws on the books for all the crimes you ignorantly fear about polygamy. Prosecute the crime, not the criminal's marriage. Do we prosecute a same sex marriage if one of it's members commits a crime?

The reason you perceive welfare abuse is the fault of polygamy being illegal, not polygamy itself. Only one wife is allowed, any others are considered single mothers by the government, thus entitled to welfare. It's the government that creates the problem you whine about. Take it up with them.

When we are talking about marriage it's understood I am talking about adults and not children marrying, OK Jizzy? Just like I don't criticize a same sex marriage for any crimes against children, you shouldn't do it to polygamy. Equality. Remember?

“Crusading Fundies r hilarious!”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#202945 Jul 16, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I make it my business to protect children.
LOL!!! You know who else makes it their business to protect children you old biddy?

American Academy of Pediatrics
American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
American Psychiatric Association
American Psychological Association
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
American Psychoanalytic Association
National Association of Social Workers
Child Welfare League of America
North American Council on Adoptable Children
Canadian Psychological Association

These EXPERTS all agree that children raised by sexual minority parents with those raised by otherwise comparable heterosexual parents have not found any differences in mental health or social adjustment.

These EXPERTS have stated that differences have not been found in parenting ability between lesbian mothers and heterosexual mothers.

These EXPERTS have stated that gay fathers are fewer in number but aren't any less fit or able as parents than heterosexual men.

So lets see. We have the actual peer reviewed research and testimonials from ten organizations specializing in the health and welfare of children, or we have the made up bunk of a fundamentalist Christian c*nt who has proven repeatedly to be intentionally deceitful, a liar, and a sanctimonious bitch. I wonder which side is right??!!!!!

Smile cur.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202946 Jul 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo1 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't make me report you. Stop using MY Name. Even the bums on 42 2nd street don't get away with that crap. Try selling oranges I bet you can make twenty bucks a day doing it. That buys a lot of crappy wine. Now get a job you dead beat, and stop sucking the teat of the Government.
Where did you get the oranges? Bet you stole them.

Don't need to work sonny. No need to worry about me, I'm more than fine in that regard. Made something of my life when I was young and able. Enjoying the riches now. Speaking of making money. get off Topix and GET A JOB you MOOCHER!
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202947 Jul 16, 2013
I know where Jizzy's been. 42nd Street. That's where he's been.
Enrico Salvatore Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202949 Jul 16, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLMAO, Frankie are you a 3rd class asshat???
You know, with proper management, you could be takin' home fifty, maybe a hundred dollars a day, easy.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202952 Jul 16, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
YUK!YUK!YUK! HAR!HAR!HAR! So funny!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202953 Jul 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo1 wrote:
<quoted text>Moocher? Why I have done my time jerk. I fought for everything that I have. Now get a job you bum and get off Topix. Stop using my name.
You heard me. You're a moocher. Taxpayer supported whiner and plagiarizer. Impersonating greatness and failing badly.

Like that.

P.S. What's with the "1" moron perhaps Frankie Rizzo is already registered? Duh. Wonder to who? Duh.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202954 Jul 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo1 wrote:
<quoted text>Laws against polygamy and child abuse are on the books in all fifty states you idiot. Why is that? Well its because polygamy is directly related to child abuse, welfare fraud a
and underage marriage. All you have to do search for it. But you're to damn lazy to do it. Get a job you bum.
You are saying that polygamy is illegal because there are laws against it. Priceless. Just priceless!

There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you ignorantly associate with polygamy. Use them. prosecute the criminal, not his marriage.
Bruno

San Pedro, CA

#202955 Jul 16, 2013
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they were not both accurate. I easily demonstrated that. I did so knowing that by admitting to being a father I could then anticipate your intentionally hateful posts about my family.
Thank you so much for not letting me down. Opening the door for ugly people like yourself to show off in all their splendor how truly hateful they are makes me giddy!!
Never think for a moment that fundamentalist Christians won't always show off how truly ugly they are if given the opportunity!
Smile.
LMAO ... STFU
Poof

Madison, WI

#202956 Jul 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are forgetting about equality.
There are perfectly good laws on the books for all the crimes you ignorantly fear about polygamy. Prosecute the crime, not the criminal's marriage. Do we prosecute a same sex marriage if one of it's members commits a crime?
The reason you perceive welfare abuse is the fault of polygamy being illegal, not polygamy itself. Only one wife is allowed, any others are considered single mothers by the government, thus entitled to welfare. It's the government that creates the problem you whine about. Take it up with them.
When we are talking about marriage it's understood I am talking about adults and not children marrying, OK Jizzy? Just like I don't criticize a same sex marriage for any crimes against children, you shouldn't do it to polygamy. Equality. Remember?
DUH why do you think Warren Jeffs went to the slammer, he married a 12 year old and a 15 year old girl. Its called polygamy. Have you looked into Islam at all? I have to tell ya putz, they marry em young, 9, 10 years old.

How polygamy affects your wallet

You may or may not agree with polygamist Warren Jeffs' lifestyle, and you may or may not think he is indeed the dangerous criminal the FBI says he is, but would you believe Jeffs and his followers are costing you money?

"Their religious belief is that they'll bleed the beast, meaning the government," said Mark Shurtleff, Utah's attorney general. "They hate the government, so they'll bleed it for everything they can through welfare, tax evasion and fraud."

It makes some sense. Polygamists have multiple wives and dozens of children, but the state only recognizes one marriage. That leaves the rest of the wives to claim themselves as single moms with armies of children to support. Doing that means they can apply for welfare, which they do. And it's all legal.

"More than 65 percent of the people are on welfare ... compared with 6 percent of the people of the general population," Shurtleff said.
http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/anderson.coop...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202957 Jul 16, 2013
Interesting new thread. Come on over and discuss all things Jizzy! But especially why does he change his socks so often?

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/gay/TTC5AE53H...
Poof

Madison, WI

#202958 Jul 16, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are saying that polygamy is illegal because there are laws against it. Priceless. Just priceless!
There are perfectly good laws against all the crimes you ignorantly associate with polygamy. Use them. prosecute the criminal, not his marriage.
Wow are you stupid, the laws against polygamy and child abuse did not stop Jeffs from marring two children, one 12 and one 15. Why cant you understand that? He broke the laws against polygamy and CHILD abuse, separate laws.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#202959 Jul 16, 2013
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO ... STFU
You tell him Bluto! You third rate silly jackass!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indio Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Assemble might have a Turner Prize, but the Lon... 4 hr Lucy Jane 1
News Palm Springs tattoo, piercing shop cashes in on... 4 hr Lucy Jane 1
News 128 arrests during Coachella weekend 1; Disney ... Tue Jane Ann 1
5 Iconic Style to Match Different Coachella Sets! Apr 20 Hazelin 1
News Buddy Greco's Supper Club Closes (Sep '09) Mar '16 DuncanaaSally 5
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Mar '16 Phile 134
News Barrett Wissman presents Palm Springs Life Fest... Mar '16 bradleywitham2 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indio Mortgages