Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
162,921 - 162,940 of 200,351 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile; Obama raises cash in push for Nancy Pelosi to become House Speaker again. OMG Please not Piglosi again.
Pelosi photo shoot.

http://www.freakingnews.com/Nancy-Pelosi-Pict...

Caution! This may be disturbing!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for admitting what you are. We all know what is first on that list. Deny what rights? The trophy is for a man and a woman. Otherwise gays have the same rights. You are fighting over a trophy. That's all.
You donít understand sarcasm, a conspiracy theory guy would not I suppose, but that post was not directed at you but at someone a tad more intelligent than you.

I donít actually want the power to deny equal rights to others, but there are people that do, and I want to make sure folks understand exactly who those people are.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

More off topic Pelosi fun!

http://www.freakingnews.com/Nancy-Pelosi-Pict...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all understand that is what you think Prop 8 is all about. That is why it was passed in California, to block Poly ( which was already illegal ) That is was a sneak measure not to make same sex marriage illegal as advertised, but to make Poly which was already illegal and will still be illegal when prop 8 is overturned even more illegal.
A lot of people believe a lot of things, there are quite a number of people that believe in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman. I know people that think G W Bush masterminded the destruction of the world trade center.
I am not one of thoseÖ but there are some around.
Prop 8 says marriage is "One man one woman" only.

What don't you understand about that? Is the gender restriction somehow worse than the number number restriction in your mind? Why?

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
We all understand that is what you think Prop 8 is all about. That is why it was passed in California, to block Poly ( which was already illegal ) That is was a sneak measure not to make same sex marriage illegal as advertised, but to make Poly which was already illegal and will still be illegal when prop 8 is overturned even more illegal.
A lot of people believe a lot of things, there are quite a number of people that believe in a magic tree, talking snake and a rib woman. I know people that think G W Bush masterminded the destruction of the world trade center.
I am not one of thoseÖ but there are some around.
Of course he did ! How else wsa he going to invade Iraq and steal all their oil so he could haul it all off and hide it in big underground tanks in Texas to make him and his father rich ?!

What's wrong with you ?!

<s>
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he did ! How else wsa he going to invade Iraq and steal all their oil so he could haul it all off and hide it in big underground tanks in Texas to make him and his father rich ?!
What's wrong with you ?!
<s>
A breath of fresh air! Thanks.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong with you ?!
<s>
If I recall we didnít see a drop, if he invaded for that reason it was a dismal failure

The reason he stated was for weapons of mass destruction as a direct threat to the US, which was also a dismal failure in finding any. I am not sure if this is the first time the US has launched a war over something that was not even true, but it has not happened often.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
If I recall we didnít see a drop, if he invaded for that reason it was a dismal failure
The reason he stated was for weapons of mass destruction as a direct threat to the US, which was also a dismal failure in finding any. I am not sure if this is the first time the US has launched a war over something that was not even true, but it has not happened often.
Saddam Hussein was the weapon of destruction. Mission Accomplished!

Soon as I heard we were going to Iraq I thought why? I still do. We shouldn't have.

But I won't lie and tell you it didn't feel good! Kick some random troublemaker's ass once in a while, keeps the rest of them in line.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Soon as I heard we were going to Iraq I thought why? I still do. We shouldn't have.
But I won't lie and tell you it didn't feel good! Kick some random troublemaker's ass once in a while, keeps the rest of them in line.
ROFLMAO!!!

Yeah it felt good, but it was stupid, and accomplished exactly what Bin Laden wanted, that we attack some random Islamic nation, and what did we do... attacked one that was an enemy of Bin Laden, he must have been laughing his ass off.( fortunately no longer )

I was pissed too after 9/11 but not at Iraq.

Now Afghanistan is a different story, personally I donít think we hit that one hard enough and certainly not fast enough.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít understand sarcasm, a conspiracy theory guy would not I suppose, but that post was not directed at you but at someone a tad more intelligent than you.
I donít actually want the power to deny equal rights to others, but there are people that do, and I want to make sure folks understand exactly who those people are.
Remember it was you that keeps saying we need to give our young babies and pregnant mothers the flu shots because the Gov. paid pharma Doctors said it was a good idea. But I guess with your low intellect, it doesn't surprise me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!!!
Yeah it felt good, but it was stupid, and accomplished exactly what Bin Laden wanted, that we attack some random Islamic nation, and what did we do... attacked one that was an enemy of Bin Laden, he must have been laughing his ass off.( fortunately no longer )
I was pissed too after 9/11 but not at Iraq.
Now Afghanistan is a different story, personally I donít think we hit that one hard enough and certainly not fast enough.
As the towers went down on 911, my boss, a renowned geophysicist said to me, "Now you see Frankie, that's terrible but do you see what I mean by thinking outside the box?" This was before that expression became overused.

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít understand sarcasm.
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
As the towers went down on 911, my boss, a renowned geophysicist said to me, "Now you see Frankie, that's terrible but do you see what I mean by thinking outside the box?" This was before that expression became overused.
I wonít forget that morning, I set up a conference room with a huge TV watching CNN and the room was full all morning.

Then I told my staff to leave NY alone for the next week

That was a bad day, and it wonít be our only bad day.

I remember a few years before eating at a restaurant at the top of one of them... canít remember which one, it was strange up there looking down at skyscrapers.

I am a balloon pilot ( or was ) and so the altitude didnít bother me, but never over a city like that, it was very strange.

I wanted blood, but in the weeks that followed I could not understand why we were attacking Iraq, an enemy of the people that attacked us ( not our friend mind you )
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Big D wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonít forget that morning, I set up a conference room with a huge TV watching CNN and the room was full all morning.
Then I told my staff to leave NY alone for the next week
That was a bad day, and it wonít be our only bad day.
I remember a few years before eating at a restaurant at the top of one of them... canít remember which one, it was strange up there looking down at skyscrapers.
I am a balloon pilot ( or was ) and so the altitude didnít bother me, but never over a city like that, it was very strange.
I wanted blood, but in the weeks that followed I could not understand why we were attacking Iraq, an enemy of the people that attacked us ( not our friend mind you )
I've been up on scaffolding instrumenting (seismic) many skyscrapers. And bridges. Creepy, I've got a more than a touch of acrophobia due to lifelong Meniere's disease. Milder and undiagnosed in my youth. The Navy put me in helicopters, my career put me on tall buildings and bridges often. Also inside creepy places like dams.

My brother works for Spider Staging, a company that installs scaffolding on tall structures. I have been "up" many times with him. He's fearless. He moves the same way up there as he does on the ground. He was stuck on a broken scaffold all night in NY winter before being rescued.

Pile on the off topic icons! You won't get them but I will.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Try to use both hands when searching for a clue.
Another great response Jizzybird58!

Can I get a "Are you stuck on Stoooooopid" That might prove I'm wrong and you're right!

What a dope! Too funny.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

JackassBird58 sticks his dopey 2 cents in. WOOO HOOO! Fun!

Hey what year were you born flash? 1958?

YUK!YUK!YUK!

Elk Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just the facts wrote:
<quoted text>Still pissing on your shoes. Hey Frankie its not raining, your feet are wet because you're, pisssing on them.
it is raining in NorCal, must be you pissing.
Dan Smoot

Sonoma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason we invaded was to defeat the single oil provider (Iraq)irritant to Opec and to reduce the Iraqi output of oil. Mission accomplished alright; now Iraq produces a fraction of what it did pre-war and the price per barrel post-war has stayed at or above $100, where it was at $30 pre-war. The Bush Cheney oilmen do not want to produce more oil; they want to get more for what they sell. They are in business to profit not make anything. Destroy a country & kill a million for such reasons? Sure!
Big D

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been up on scaffolding instrumenting (seismic) many skyscrapers. And bridges. Creepy, I've got a more than a touch of acrophobia due to lifelong Meniere's disease. Milder and undiagnosed in my youth. The Navy put me in helicopters, my career put me on tall buildings and bridges often. Also inside creepy places like dams.
My brother works for Spider Staging, a company that installs scaffolding on tall structures. I have been "up" many times with him. He's fearless. He moves the same way up there as he does on the ground. He was stuck on a broken scaffold all night in NY winter before being rescued.
Pile on the off topic icons! You won't get them but I will.
LOL I could care less about off topic icons, nothing will happen with SSM before June ( estimate )

One of my staff has Meniere's disease, so I am somewhat familiar with it.

I had the usual fear of heights until I took a ride in a balloon, my second ride was in my own balloon with an instructor... I loved it that much.

but it isnít the same, in a building or scaffolding you are connected to the ground, in a balloon you feel... separated... you are moving with the wind so it is as if you are still and the world is slowly ( hopefully ) moving under you. I am not sure I could do what your brother does easily, but I can fly, and skim the treetops while my customers gasp, and take it up to 12,000 feet and down again with no fear at all.

Still though, not the same as a building or scaffolding or even a helicopter, it has been a LOOOOOONG time since I was in a copter, not since the south pole in 76

If you ever get the chance to ride in a balloon ... try it, it is a one of a kind experience, there is no flying quite like it.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>it is raining in NorCal, must be you pissing.
What a problem the guy has huh? Then he thinks other people are so stupid they piss on their shoes and think it's raining too!

Too funny! But that's our jizzybirdy58. Feels the need to inject a dopey comment thinking it's pure genius.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indio Discussions

Search the Indio Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 2 hr Ban Central Station 4,889
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) 10 hr Tammie Casas is Fat 640
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Mon snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Sun Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Sun Facts facts 15,927
Review: Rich's Painting Jul 23 Spectacular job 1
Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jul 23 AMan 149
•••
•••
•••
•••

Indio Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indio People Search