Volcano set to blow in Alaska

Volcano set to blow in Alaska

There are 158 comments on the www.sciam.com story from Jan 30, 2009, titled Volcano set to blow in Alaska. In it, www.sciam.com reports that:

notice of an imminent eruption

The so-called ring of fire edging the Pacific is known to be highly active. So it's no surprise that said ring is jolting Seattle residents awake and putting denizens of Anchorage on notice of an imminent ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.sciam.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
YOOPER

Hanover Park, IL

#149 Feb 7, 2009
Christopher Pearsoll wrote:
I'm a little curious as to how a discussion about the volcano turned into a slanderfest against various politicians.
it's the standard topix transformation....soon to be alien talk.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#150 Feb 7, 2009
Christopher Pearsoll wrote:
I'm a little curious as to how a discussion about the volcano turned into a slanderfest against various politicians.
Just like a discussion about evolution invariably ends up being a discussion about religion.

There is no such thing as "off topic" here, I guess.

But that's part of the fun!
uglysouthbay

Pacoima, CA

#151 Feb 8, 2009
Coolmind wrote:
any chance of Palin sitting on the volcano when it blows?:)
Even better yet is if the volcano explodes and noone dies except Palin. That I'd love to see.

“Religion is Superstition”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#152 Feb 8, 2009
I'll settle for an excellent show, minimal ash fallout in populated areas and no or at least minimal casualties.

“We The People”

Since: Dec 08

From Canada to Brazil

#153 Feb 8, 2009
uglysouthbay wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better yet is if the volcano explodes and noone dies except Palin. That I'd love to see.
That is because you are a typical liberal, spewing hatred and wishing murder upon those who don't agree with you.

“Religion is Superstition”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#154 Feb 8, 2009
Hey! I'm a liberal, consider myself to be fairly typical of the type, and do not spew hatred or wish for the death of those who disagree with me.

Spewing hatred is what reactionaries do, especially when backed against a wall by reality.

If I 'spew' anything, it is a wish to help people find their way towards a peaceful coexistance.

It's kind of hard to have discussions with people (even ranters who don't bother to read responses or think about what their actually typing...) if I'm openly wishing for their deaths.

Do try to think a little before you start typing next time.

“We The People”

Since: Dec 08

From Canada to Brazil

#155 Feb 8, 2009
Christopher Pearsoll wrote:
Hey! I'm a liberal, consider myself to be fairly typical of the type, and do not spew hatred or wish for the death of those who disagree with me.
Spewing hatred is what reactionaries do, especially when backed against a wall by reality.
If I 'spew' anything, it is a wish to help people find their way towards a peaceful coexistance.
It's kind of hard to have discussions with people (even ranters who don't bother to read responses or think about what their actually typing...) if I'm openly wishing for their deaths.
Do try to think a little before you start typing next time.
You certainly reacted to my inflammatory statement without thinking very hard... perhaps you should practice what you preach.

“Religion is Superstition”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#156 Feb 8, 2009
Sheldon Clark wrote:
<quoted text>You certainly reacted to my inflammatory statement without thinking very hard... perhaps you should practice what you preach.
Do you see me issuing wishes for people to die anywhere?

“We The People”

Since: Dec 08

From Canada to Brazil

#157 Feb 8, 2009
Christopher Pearsoll wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see me issuing wishes for people to die anywhere?
I see you still reacting to something INFLAMMATORY I said in the previous post.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#158 Feb 8, 2009
Christopher Pearsoll wrote:
I'm a little curious as to how a discussion about the volcano turned into a slanderfest against various politicians.
Ummm... they both spew hot air!?!?

(had to say it)

::ducks and runs out ~~~~~~~~~~>
nobody

League City, TX

#161 Feb 9, 2009
Shes better than the queen........

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#162 Feb 9, 2009
Reality_Awaits wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm... they both spew hot air!?!?
(had to say it)
::ducks and runs out ~~~~~~~~~~>
Perfect!

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#163 Feb 9, 2009
de vagrant wrote:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh...Yep..That there is my "volcano" going off inside the beatiful Sarah...yessssssssssss.
That's an awful small volcano you got there, vagrant.

No wonder your profile says you're always angry.

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#165 Feb 9, 2009
de vagrant wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey!!!!!...It's My Volcano small or not,and I'm not even gonna mention the Lava.
Good. A sense of humor.

Sometimes that's sadly lacking on Topix.
YOOPER

Hanover Park, IL

#168 Feb 10, 2009
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
Good. A sense of humor.
Sometimes that's sadly lacking on Topix.
For sure...People do take things just a little too seriously in Topix....

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#169 Feb 10, 2009
YOOPER wrote:
<quoted text>
For sure...People do take things just a little too seriously in Topix....
Can't say I haven't been guilty of that on occasion.

But I'm getting better at telling myself that in sum total, Topix is just words on a screen. It's not worth getting all stressed out about.
old guy stubborn old man

Little Rock, AR

#170 Feb 10, 2009
Sol wrote:
an we sacrifice Gore to the volcano? Since it's exploded recently it shouldn't need a virgin...
Lets go to kentucky and get that 12 year old girl that can outrun all her relatives and throw her in for good measure. better to be safe than sorry. LOL

“Irony, metaphor, film @ eleven”

Since: Feb 08

Old Mesilla/New Las Cruces

#171 Feb 10, 2009
Ever smell a volcano whilest downwind during it's huffing and puffing and spitting and spewing?

Like an old hard boiled egg farted out of a smoke bomb wrapped up in sulfured spoiled buttermilk..

on a clear day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Seahawks players who didn't play in week 6 vs... Mon Falcon Fan 2
Trump vs Clinton 2016 Mon Prophet Atlantis 15
[]=[]? pure Puyallup / Tacoma (Oct '13) Jan 15 Anonymous 3
Need sub strip in west seattle Jan 14 Anonymous 6
Blues Jan 13 IndiansFan 1
News Leonard Forsman reelected chairman of the Suqua... (Mar '11) Mar '11 an elder 1
News Fire destroys home on State Route 305 east of P... (Oct '10) Oct '10 haha 1

Indianola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianola Mortgages