Trayvon Martin verdict spurs prayer vigil, protest

Jul 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Times

Leianna Perkins, 28, and her daughter Saniyah Muse, 3, march Wednesday during a prayer vigil and rally to protest the verdict in the Trayvon Martin case.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2013

Since: Dec 11

Middle Island, NY

#1 Jul 18, 2013
I have to say as a young black male, I've been ashamed, and embarrassed over the behavior of so many black Americans, for awhile... This just took the cake for me.

First I'll talk about incident...

I get angry when I hear people say "Zimmerman was at fault too" No the hell he wasn't! Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy, neighborhood watch people ALWAYS look to see who is coming and going, and are ALWAYS suspicious of people they do not recognize. In an interview Zimmerman stated that a few of the crimes committed in his neighborhood were also done by white and Hispanic kids, but the person who started the neighborhood watch, a black woman- stated that MOST of the crimes in the area were done by young black males.

Let's talk about Zimmerman's neighborhood for a sec. It was a mixed neighborhood typical working class... Unfortunately they had 9 robberies, 8 thefts, and 1 shooting. Zimmerman was one among those people who had been a victim of theft, when a young black male walked up on to his property and stole his bike.

Was Zimmerman a racist?

NO! Racist don't take black girls to the prom, like Zimmerman did, or go to tutor black children on his own time (he did not have to do it), or become outraged when the police abuse a black homeless man. Zimmerman was angry the media wasn't talking about what had happened with this black homeless man, and he and his wife went about trying to get attention put to it, so those police officers who did that, could be held accountable.

Middle Island, NY

#3 Jul 18, 2013
Keep in mind, while all of this was going on in the media, a bit fore all of this- there was another incident in Floria, the "Stand your ground" was in play here- in which an older black male, who got into an argument with a younger white male; shot the white male in front of his daughter- and did so because he felt threatened.

It didn't become a big story on the news, and the black man wasn't locked up... Keep in mind, while all of this was going on, a black kid was shot and killed in Detroit... But let's get back to Zimmerman and Trayvon shall well.

Middle Island, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2013
Zimmerman being a neighborhood watch guy, was suspicious- and who wouldn't be? You see this person you've never seen before, dipping behind apartments, and walking all slow in the rain.. That's pretty suspicious- especially if you've had I dunno 9 robberies, 8 thefts, and 1 shooting in your neighborhood.

Zimmerman called the non-emergency hotline, and reported it. The dispatcher asked him info, one of it being his race... AKA a description- to which Zimmerman replied "He looks black"... Though if you were getting your info from left-wing media, you'd think Zimmerman was a racist the way the edited the call... Shame on them.

Zimmerman was following him... THIS IS WHAT NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH PEOPLE DO DUH!!!! However when asked if he was following him, Zimmerman replied "yes", to which the dispatcher replied "We don't need you to do that", to which Zimmerman replied "OK"- and started walking back to his car- but had no idea where he was anyway- because in the call he even says "He got away". He was not told to stay in his car, he was just told they didn't need him to follow him, and to give them an address, to which Zimmerman started looking for an address for the area he was in.

I laughed at people slamming him for not having an address off the top of his head. I've been walking my dog in my neighborhood complex for 4 and a half years now, and I cannot off the top of my head give the exact address of the area I walk my dog in, hell I don't even know it- I just know how far it is from where I live.

Middle Island, NY

#5 Jul 18, 2013
Back to Trayvon..

Trayvon when Zimmerman lost him- was near his father's house. When his phone was being checked, they saw the location he was in, when investigating his last call... Yes they can do that with mobile devices- and it showed him near his father's house.

Trayvon had 2 options...

1. He could have gotten off the phone with his dimwit girlfriend, or friend, and call the police, and or his father- to let them know some guy was following him.

2. Just go to his dad's house, since he was close- tell his father some guy was following him, and call the police.

Had one of those options been done, the police would have shown up, saw Zimmerman in the area, quickly deduce that he was most likely the strange guy following the boy- to which Zimmerman would have been question, and mention the suspicious looking guy, to which it would have come out that the suspicious looking guy was visiting his dad, and the strange looking guy following is neighborhood watch.

It would have just been seen as one big misunderstanding, and they would have both gone home- and Trayvon would still be on his Twitter account showing his crappy tattoos, gold caps, and talking about how much of a thug he was.

Middle Island, NY

#8 Jul 18, 2013
Is it a sad thing the other party lost their son? Of course it is, that's got to hurt... But I'm thinking there's probably some guilt mixed in.

I remember the father stating how his son "wasn't no thug". I guess daddy being that he had a girlfriend, and not living with his now nearly 18 year old son, didn't know what his son was saying, on Twitter, or doing.

Could Trayvon had grown out of his thug-wannabe phase? Maybe, maybe not- because unfortunately so many black males who pick that crap up in their youth, carry it on, and become statistics- we'll never know in Trayvon's case of course, because he's dead, and as I type this, as I've been typing all of this- another black kid has been shot and killed (by another black) in Chicago, Detroit, or any other city run by a liberal Democrat (slaver), who boast the most toughest gun laws.

Middle Island, NY

#9 Jul 18, 2013
We have all of these idiots talking as if we're living in Jim Crow era America.. Meanwhile we have so many blacks in high positions of power in this country- and they seem to forget we have a president who is black (a terrible president, but non-white).

Name me ONE other first world, developed nation- that is predominately white- that has elected a black man... Don't worry I'll wait. Obama would NEVER have been president if whites overwhelmingly didn't vote for him... Blacks are minority meaning, there's just not that any black people in America- and less if blacks keep aborting their babies (negro project Margret Sanger look it up), killing each other in the streets, wasting away in prisons, or dying of AIDS, because "putting on a condom when you go to play inside of another man's butt is considered gay, so I'll just do it without the condom because its less gay, shhhh let's keep it on the DL, now let me go and screw X amount of women and impregnate them too"

Its sickening, and its the cold honest truth- which is sad. Nobody wants to get into talking about the real issues within the black community, because then you MUST, bring up the fact that left-wing policies, have RUINED the black community, along with an idolization of street culture- along with the culture of dependency.

And I laugh when some idiot who thinks they're intelligent, brings up the fact that more whites are on food stamps. First of all being on food stamps- is not something to aspire to, or something one should settle with- and the reason why there are more whites on food stamps, is because there are more whites than blacks.... Think about what that must mean.

Middle Island, NY

#10 Jul 18, 2013
Its sad that I'm sitting here on listening to a police scanner app on my Galaxy Tab 2 (yes best Tablet hands down, screw Apple), and I hear things on shootings- how much of this will never be in the media? Next to none of it, because its not sexy, and again it puts the spotlight on left-wing policies, and the mess that is the black community.

I laughed when I heard this guy Smiley was his name, talk about how we need to talk about education.. Millions and Millions, and MILLIONS have been pumped into the education system, and given to especially schools in urban areas... The problem is blacks who idolize street/gang culture, and on top of that come from broken homes, because their daddy is in prison, or dead, DO NOT CARE ABOUT EDUCATION. The kids who do bust their butts to learn and make something of themselves, are ridiculed! The black community does not put a huge emphasis anymore on education.

As long as blacks overwhelming continue voting Democrat; the black community will be further destroyed, and forever slaves- which is the dream come true of all progressives, birthed by Margret Sanger..

As I finish typing this, and as people read it- another black kid will be killed by another black- and there will be no outcry or rally.

Ok its 4AM, and I will sleep.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 18, 2013
Very astute comments and I couldn't agree more. After-effects of this political case will be noted for decades to come, IMHO.

However, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for the agenda-driven media. As long as journalists appear to put more faith in fermenting anger than reason to keep sales numbers up, this will only get worse and worse. I knew after Nifong that this was the new abuse of the courts to come....

Middle Island, NY

#12 Jul 18, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
Very astute comments and I couldn't agree more. After-effects of this political case will be noted for decades to come, IMHO.
However, none of this would have been possible if it weren't for the agenda-driven media. As long as journalists appear to put more faith in fermenting anger than reason to keep sales numbers up, this will only get worse and worse. I knew after Nifong that this was the new abuse of the courts to come....
TOO TRUE!

I also forgot to add that last night (started getting sleepy lol). The media, and politicians who are involving themselves, and making it a huge issue; are doing so to distract from the serious issues this country faces (race is not one), including the serious scandals going on. They divide the people, which allows them to continue to destroy the country.

Distract
Divide
Destroy

This is what progressives/leftist do.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 18, 2013
And the apparatus is soooooo stacked in favor of totalitarianism when political weight is applied as in this case. Is it really good to have prosecutors as political appointees, for example, or elected? This entire case will be talked about hundreds of years after my grandchildrens great-great grand kids are gone as long as irrational banter rules along with no solutions in order to obfuscate REAL issues.

And then we are being told economy is improving, look at the Dow, LOL

Paul16

Middle Island, NY

#14 Jul 18, 2013
VeganTiger wrote:
And the apparatus is soooooo stacked in favor of totalitarianism when political weight is applied as in this case. Is it really good to have prosecutors as political appointees, for example, or elected? This entire case will be talked about hundreds of years after my grandchildrens great-great grand kids are gone as long as irrational banter rules along with no solutions in order to obfuscate REAL issues.
And then we are being told economy is improving, look at the Dow, LOL
Paul16
Its completely outrageous
Bushwhacker

Seattle, WA

#15 Jul 20, 2013
Tough word.... WATCH. For some....

Location hidden

#16 Jul 25, 2013
Appears Zimmerman had a good Samaritan act "staged", according to some people. So far, going over everything I have read about him, I find it incredible that the railroad construction companies still want to push him into an Abyss!! I'm just so glad this scene played itself out now, because I am never going to call 911. Not gonna happen. Whether I see something or not. You can never tell if you are involved with someone with a higher pigment index than yourself and then it's better to remain in the shadows..

What a madness this entire case was and still is..

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#17 Jul 26, 2013
What a sad display of our racebaiting, pro-Trayvon, social engineering our media, and even our government has been.....Scary....Control the Media, Control the message....When could Congressional Hearings on the FCC, HLN, MSNBC, CNN and NBC begin?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#18 Jul 26, 2013
Ink_knight wrote:
<quoted text>
TOO TRUE!
I also forgot to add that last night (started getting sleepy lol). The media, and politicians who are involving themselves, and making it a huge issue; are doing so to distract from the serious issues this country faces (race is not one), including the serious scandals going on. They divide the people, which allows them to continue to destroy the country.
Distract
Divide
Destroy
This is what progressives/leftist do.
You have a great message, i wish you might spread it on the AA and U.S. News forums.....? We could use the support....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eddie Vedder, this is for you 2 hr Messenger of truth 1
Reasons Why Washington State Sucks - Post Them ... (Apr '12) 19 hr Kelly of Ireland 292
Bumbershoot Brings Violent and Angry Rap Music ... Fri Culture Auditor 1
The bums of Seattle are the most aggressive I'v... (Dec '11) Fri Bum 24
Jesus statue on Montana mountain stirs church a... (Oct '11) Aug 27 patty 6
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Aug 19 Mr Blue 713
Leonard Forsman reelected chairman of the Suqua... (Mar '11) Mar '11 an elder 1
•••

Indianola News Video

•••
•••

Indianola Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indianola People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE