County Attorney Wants To Try Teen Mur...

County Attorney Wants To Try Teen Murder Suspect As Adult

There are 34 comments on the WHOtv story from Jul 1, 2010, titled County Attorney Wants To Try Teen Murder Suspect As Adult. In it, WHOtv reports that:

An Iowa teen could be tried as an adult for a deadly shooting in Indianola on Sunday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHOtv.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dave

Des Moines, IA

#21 Jul 2, 2010
Is that Waldo, from "Where is Waldo" on the cereal boxes? This loser looks like a smaller version of Jeffrey Dahmer.
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#22 Jul 10, 2010
Dan we all know you loved god so much he is always with you no matter what, never forget that!!!
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#23 Jul 10, 2010
RUkidding wrote:
How sad! I guess the thing that needs to be determined is whether he would have thought first if given the chance to do it again. Some people are born evil and some people make really bad and regretted mistakes. If this child has no remorse, then he should be tried as an adult.
I went to church with Dan and this kid was the first one at the alter to praise jesus with his arms raised high in the air with the biggest smile on his face when it was time to come down and worship, we did a little garage sale thing to help raise money and he kept this little plate that looked like something my grandma would keep that said life is good love jesus or something, its just hard to believe if you really know him that he did this out of spite.
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#24 Jul 10, 2010
super puke wrote:
THIS LITTLE [email protected] DESERVES TO BE TRIED AS AN ADULT.
He should have been a little smarter, and this would not have happened.
I went to church with Dan and this kid was the first one at the alter to praise jesus with his arms raised high in the air with the biggest smile on his face when it was time to come down and worship, we did a little garage sale thing to help raise money and he kept this little plate that looked like something my grandma would keep that said life is good love jesus or something, its just hard to believe if you really know him that he did this out of spite.
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#25 Jul 10, 2010
beth wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan isnt a [email protected] okay!!! you have no right to talk crap about him like that okay i know james had no reason at all to be shot but Dan i can really tell you is not a [email protected] he is a really nice boy and a big beleiver in god
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#26 Jul 10, 2010
Sal E wrote:
If this little jerk is old enough to load a gun and shoot it, he's old enough to have his criminal face plastered all over creation AND to stand trial as an adult! His absentee father should have HIS photo plastered all over AND be tried right along side his kid.
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#27 Jul 10, 2010
Lives in Indianola wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying.........."the one that was killed had to of done something very harsh to make Dan very mad!!!"..........its ok then, since he made Dan mad. Hmmm......your an idiot! He admitted that he shot him!! No excuse to shoot someone....NO EXCUSE!!!!!!
Austin Bemisdarfer

Saint Charles, IA

#28 Jul 10, 2010
Anita wrote:
Being part of the family of the victim, I can say that yes I believe he should get the full penalty. He made the decision of taking anothers life over an opinion that was different than his, what did he think was going to happen? At fourteen you know what the consequences of pointing a shot gun at someones chest and pulling the trigger are...Now you must pay the consequnces. Both familys will feel a life time of sadness and always have a million questions that will go unanswered.
we get it

Ankeny, IA

#29 Jul 10, 2010
We understand what you're saying Austin, at least I do, and I'm sure it's very difficult to believe that the person you knew was capable of murder. Unfortunately he was.

I don't believe parents should ever leave guns anywhere where a child of any age could get their hands on them. There have been way too many incidents like this. The father who left his son alone at home with a loaded gun should be charged with child neglect and conspiracy to commit murder. He didn't pull the trigger but he basically supplied the murder weapon to his own son. That was one of the stupidest things he could have ever done as a parent.
we get it

Ankeny, IA

#30 Jul 10, 2010
Really wrote:
My biggest fear as a mother! If we were allowed to beat our kid's ****, less of this would happen!!!!!
Uh yeah, because the prisons aren't full enough of people who were beaten as children and the morgues don't already see enough children who are beaten to death by their parents or other people. What an ignorant notion.
we get it

Ankeny, IA

#31 Jul 10, 2010
<quoted text>
So your saying.........."the one that was killed had to of done something very harsh to make Dan very mad!!!"..........its ok then, since he made Dan mad. Hmmm......your an idiot! He admitted that he shot him!! No excuse to shoot someone....NO EXCUSE!!!!!!
Yeah, that seems to be the mentality of a lot of people from around that area. They say the same thing about Rodney Heemstra a grown man who shot and killed another grown man. I'm sure if it were their own family members they wouldn't feel the same way. Bunch of stupid idiots anyway.
D bag

Ankeny, IA

#32 Jul 10, 2010
Dave wrote:
Is that Waldo, from "Where is Waldo" on the cereal boxes? This loser looks like a smaller version of Jeffrey Dahmer.
I'm sorry that someone was so mean and cruel to you when you were younger about how ugly you were that you now feel it's necessary to attack the way other children look. That kind of mean spiritedness is in part to blame for what's wrong with society today. GROW UP already!
beth

Des Moines, IA

#33 Jul 14, 2010
<quoted text>
NO i aint an idiot okay i know he admitted to doing it!!! i just talked to his sister over the weekend!!! and i know he had no excuse to shooting James but i'm saying he had to of made Dan really mad because he wouldn't of done it for the heck of it or anything like that and i know wat Dan did is and was very very wrong!!!!
beth

Des Moines, IA

#34 Jul 14, 2010
Austin Bemisdarfer wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin,
i know u went to church with Dan i also went to church with Dan and i know he is a big beleiver in God and i also know that he was the first one up at the alter. i also went to school with him and ik hfe did this out of spite and madness!! but i know if he could he would probably take everything he did back

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the goddam jews are to blame 9 hr BUD FOX 1
News a Promises to - Swiftly' Remove Criminal Illega... Sun Wildchild 3
News Trump Takes Stage with Iowa Family of Murdered ... Sat Wildchild 1
Iowa City Public Defender's Office Aug 25 timetotakeaction 1
Terry Williams kid toucher (Jan '15) Aug 23 SleepWell 2
News Ten Days in Iowa: Moving Moments, Awkward Encou... (Feb '16) Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 5
News Fairgoers say they're being cheated out of Uber... Aug 14 Elise Gingerich 1

Indianola Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianola Mortgages