Obama's signs of disrespect

Obama's signs of disrespect

There are 27 comments on the Dallas Morning News story from Nov 21, 2007, titled Obama's signs of disrespect. In it, Dallas Morning News reports that:

“Sometimes I am willing to do what the patriotic etiquette of my country requires, and sometimes I am not. The fact that I seek the highest office in the land makes no difference whatsoever in this regard.”

You are standing in a crowd as the national anthem is played. Where is your right hand? Maybe it is over your heart, maybe not. via Dallas Morning News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dallas Morning News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Truth

Kingston, Canada

#25 Jan 29, 2008
I do trust Hillary Clinton, and also her husband.
I am in Canada. I care deeply who your President is. It affects us, and every other country in the world. What happens in the USA controls to some degree our economy, and especially our soldiers who are presently dieing in Afghanistan. We hate to see this as much as you hate to see your soldiers die.( I hate to see your soldiers die too.) I trust the Clintons' to turn the country around again.(I do not trust anyone else to do this.)((By the way, people in other countries do not care what kind of sex, if any, your presidents'

or anyone else has. Only your media seems to care about this, and it does indeed sound ridiculous to other countries, who would not even consider what their leaders are doing in or out of the bedroom.
(I have in the past worked and lived in the USA) I still have friends there, and consider USA a second home.

Since: Jan 08

Lewisville, TX

#26 Jan 29, 2008
Actually, I'm just about to once again become one of 'our soldiers.'

The media doesn't care what gender the president is, but I do. I do NOT want an emotional woman leading my Army.

It's Obama all the way for me. A quick wikipedia search of his politics was enough to sell me on him. Try it, search wikipedia for all the front runners. There is no other choice but Obama.
Truth

Perth, Canada

#27 Jan 29, 2008
TexasRealist wrote:
Actually, I'm just about to once again become one of 'our soldiers.'
The media doesn't care what gender the president is, but I do. I do NOT want an emotional woman leading my Army.
It's Obama all the way for me. A quick wikipedia search of his politics was enough to sell me on him. Try it, search wikipedia for all the front runners. There is no other choice but Obama.
Good luck to you Texas, and take care of yourself.
I appreciate your concern, and would not want an emotional woman leading the country either. I do not agree that Hillary is an emotional woman.
Was M. Thatcher an emotional woman?

Lewisville, TX

#28 Jan 29, 2008
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck to you Texas, and take care of yourself.
I appreciate your concern, and would not want an emotional woman leading the country either. I do not agree that Hillary is an emotional woman.
Was M. Thatcher an emotional woman?
Yep, she is. If someone asks you "how do you do it?" and you cry just answering the question, you should NOT be in charge of our country OR our nukes.
think about it

Colleyville, TX

#29 Jan 29, 2008
My hand is not over my heart during the national antham,
It might not be during THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGANCE either, DO YOU REALLY CONDEMN A PERSON FOR SUCH ACTION?
DO YOU WEAR YOUR CAP DURING THE PLEDGE OR WHEN YOU ENTER A BUILDING?
Do you fold your hands, bow your head and close your eyes EVERY TIME YOU PRAY ????
Spare Me

Richmond Hill, NY

#30 Jan 30, 2008
Yes, my hand is over my heart when the Pledge of Allegance is recited. Yes I remove my hat during the pedge and when entering a building . Enter a court building with it on, and you will be asked to remove it...as it should be.

Lewisville, TX

#31 Jan 30, 2008
Spare Me wrote:
Yes, my hand is over my heart when the Pledge of Allegance is recited. Yes I remove my hat during the pedge and when entering a building . Enter a court building with it on, and you will be asked to remove it...as it should be.
How does any of this matter? You know most court house rules for no hats came from teens these days who don't remove their hats for anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianola Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Des Moines, IA Native Center Of Celebrity Catfi... May 20 Twinkie Moonbeam 1
Looking for a Registered female German Shepherd... May 19 Aimers227 3
Jessica Pratt still hooking (Feb '14) May 10 Angie 5
need a car May 10 Ashley 1
News Your 2 Cents' Worth Submit brief anonymous comm... (Jul '09) May 9 Disappointed in 5... 186
Best Place For A Used Car May 6 guest 1
iowa sucks (Jan '08) May 5 Still hate Iowa 400
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indianola Mortgages