ANTI-AMERICAN CULT Praised By Johnstown's ANDY LASKY

Posted in the Indiana Forum

Paul Revere

Akron, OH

#1 Jan 4, 2013
In a January 3, 2013, article published in the DAILY AMERICAN, Johnstown businessowner, ANDY LASKY PRAISED the WATCHTOWER CULT for holding THREE CONVENTIONS in Johnstown this past summer.

ANDY LASKY also let local citizens know that the WATCHTOWER CULT came to Johnstown because of the collective efforts of the officials at Pasquerilla Conference Center, S.M.G. officials at the War Memorial, and the Johnstown Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Here is what ANDY LASKY wrote (emphasis ours):

BEGIN QUOTE

"We were LITERALLY BLESSED this summer by three weekends of visitation to our downtown by annual regional conventions of the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES. As a result of the collective efforts of the Pasquerilla Conference Center, the War Memorial and the Convention and Visitors Bureau thousands of them descended upon our downtown.

"In the process of MASSIVE PRAYER they also cleaned and repaired the inside of the War Memorial to prepare the space for worship.† They left much behind including their hard earned money in many local businesses.

"As one of those businesses I want to thank these many individuals and organizations who are so vigorously committed to promoting our downtown.† In fact, this list of organizations and events is far from complete.

"What an EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES we have to be grateful for as we celebrate the New Year.

END QUOTE

Johnstown CITIZENS and TAXPAYERS should know EXACTLY who are the WATCHTOWER CULT OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES which Johnstown officials are welcoming to use the WAR MEMORIAL facilities, and who are even possibly being financially subsidized by the Johnstown Convention and Visitors Bureau.
Paul Revere

Akron, OH

#2 Jan 4, 2013
In the mid 1930s, the Watch Tower Society started forbidding Jehovah's Witnesses to salute the American Flag, or recite the Pledge Of Allegiance, or stand for the playing of the National Anthem, or engage in any other patriotic activity.

Jehovah's Witnesses were taught to tell the news media, courts,†and other outsiders†that the American Flag is a false idol, and doing any of the aforementioned activities is performing "worship" to a false idol.

This "public relations" reasoning†is actually the†LEAST of all the reasons that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to engage in any patriotic or political activities. This secondary, ancillary reasoning was developed because the WatchTower Society did not dare†to have its Jehovah's Witness members running around repeating for†the news media†and courtroom judges the PRIMARY doctrine on this subject, which would outrage the American public.

What Jehovah's Witnesses intentionally do NOT publically explain to non-JWs is that the Watch Tower Society teaches Jehovah's Witnesses that the Government of the United States is governing ILLEGITIMATELY.

The Watch Tower Society teaches that the Government of the United States is under the control of Satan the Devil as his partner in†Satan's universal rebellion against GOD. The Watch Tower Society teaches that GOD granted humans the authority to rule the earth only for a period of 2520 years -- starting in 607 B.C. and ending in October, 1914 A.D. The Watch Tower Society teaches that in October, 1914, the authority to rule the earth reverted back to GOD, and that He then formed a heavenly government to rule the earth.

The Watch Tower Society teaches that in 1919 that the Watch Tower Society was selected as the SOLE earthly representative of†that heavenly government. The Watch Tower Society teaches that the Government of the United States is its' enemy, because it has failed to surrender governmental power that rightfully belongs to the Watch Tower Society.

These are the†ACTUAL reasons that the Watch Tower Society forbids its Jehovah's Witness members to†support the government of the United States†-- no voting, no holding political office, no professing citizen loyalty via the Pledge of Allegiance or standing for the National Anthem, no joining the military to protect the United States, etc.

The Watch Tower Society†teaches that Armageddon will occur "soon", and at the Battle of Armageddon, that Jesus Christ and his†heavenly armies will ATTACK and DESTROY the GOVERNMENT of the UNITED STATES, and its military --- as well as all Americans†who did not convert to the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to†the day when they will rule the planet.
Paul Revere

Akron, OH

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Who are these people that ANDY LASKY is THANKING for coming to Johnstown and ofering up "MASSIVE PRAYERS"?

Exactly to which god is this CULT praying, and exactly what are they praying for?

Here are some recent examples of REAL WORLD Jehovah's Witnesses putting into practice the beliefs and practices taught by the WATCHTOWER CULT at these conventions:

Interested Readers can google the name "GRETA HAWKINS" -- to read June 2012 newspaper articles about a Jehovah's Witness public elementary school Principal who just recently refused to allow her students to sing Lee Greenwood's "GOD BLESS THE USA" at a recent graduation ceremony. Hawkins has also attempted to do away with her school's custom of daily reciting the Pledge of Allegiance and singing "AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL".

Interested Readers also can google the name "LEROY McKELVEY" -- to read newspaper articles about a "devout Jehovah's Witness" who got into an argument with multiple attendees and ended up tasing a U.S. MARINE and others at a September 2011 Jets-Cowboys football game attended by past President George W. Bush and other public officials present to honor the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

Interested Readers can google the phrase "JW Manager entered the apartment without permission and took down the Flag" to read about a Jehovah's Witness apartment building Manager who refused to allow tenants to display the American Flag after 9-11.

To read about all of the above on one single webpage, Google the names "Armando Perez", "Tyler Templeton", and "Bruce Cooke" -- ALL IN THE SAME SEARCH -- to read about a dozen or so similar incidents involving Jehovah's Witnesses.
SaveSpace

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Plain and simple: the Jehovah's Witnesses cult is wrong in their theology. All you have to do is read your Bible, nothing else, just your Bible to get it right. They are misleading their followers and taking them direct to Hell!
Jim Jones

Hanover, PA

#5 Jan 4, 2013
Never heard of these "Jehovah's Witnesses" before. What exactly did they witness?
FULL MONTY

Forest Park, GA

#6 Jan 7, 2013
Jim Jones wrote:
Never heard of these "Jehovah's Witnesses" before. What exactly did they witness?
There are many factions within the JW's collective. There are the strict scripture reciters who do nothing but quote the bible all day as justification for their being and actions, there are the traveling witnesses and bible thumper's, the money changers who are always working on new schemes, their are the anti holiday or celebration of life sector an on an on...The Elders have spies among the various flocks a few who are venturing into KWANZAA and SCIENTOLOGY as a cross cult experience. There is no room or acceptance for individual thought among the JW's. Recently a group claimed to have been abducted by a UFO's for reprogramming.
Orthodox Christian

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jan 9, 2013
Paul Revere wrote:
In the mid 1930s, the Watch Tower Society started forbidding Jehovah's Witnesses to salute the American Flag, or recite the Pledge Of Allegiance, or stand for the playing of the National Anthem, or engage in any other patriotic activity.
Jehovah's Witnesses were taught to tell the news media, courts,†and other outsiders†that the American Flag is a false idol, and doing any of the aforementioned activities is performing "worship" to a false idol.
This "public relations" reasoning†is actually the†LEAST of all the reasons that Jehovah's Witnesses refuse to engage in any patriotic or political activities. This secondary, ancillary reasoning was developed because the WatchTower Society did not dare†to have its Jehovah's Witness members running around repeating for†the news media†and courtroom judges the PRIMARY doctrine on this subject, which would outrage the American public.
What Jehovah's Witnesses intentionally do NOT publically explain to non-JWs is that the Watch Tower Society teaches Jehovah's Witnesses that the Government of the United States is governing ILLEGITIMATELY.
The Watch Tower Society teaches that the Government of the United States is under the control of Satan the Devil as his partner in†Satan's universal rebellion against GOD. The Watch Tower Society teaches that GOD granted humans the authority to rule the earth only for a period of 2520 years -- starting in 607 B.C. and ending in October, 1914 A.D. The Watch Tower Society teaches that in October, 1914, the authority to rule the earth reverted back to GOD, and that He then formed a heavenly government to rule the earth.
The Watch Tower Society teaches that in 1919 that the Watch Tower Society was selected as the SOLE earthly representative of†that heavenly government. The Watch Tower Society teaches that the Government of the United States is its' enemy, because it has failed to surrender governmental power that rightfully belongs to the Watch Tower Society.
These are the†ACTUAL reasons that the Watch Tower Society forbids its Jehovah's Witness members to†support the government of the United States†-- no voting, no holding political office, no professing citizen'' loyalty via the Pledge of Allegiance or standing for the National Anthem, no joining the military to protect the United States, etc.
The Watch Tower Society†teaches that Armageddon will occur "soon", and at the Battle of Armageddon, that Jesus Christ and his†heavenly armies will ATTACK and DESTROY the GOVERNMENT of the UNITED STATES, and its military --- as well as all Americans†who did not convert to the Jehovah's Witnesses.
Jehovah's Witnesses look forward to†the day when they will rule the planet.
Isn't it the Jehovah's Witness that believe there is only a limited number of people that are going to Heaven? I' m not sure of the number but I do know it's way less then the number of people on Earth.
There seems to be so many splinters of Christianity. First the Great Schism in the 11th century,(Rome had disagreements with Orthodox Catholics, thus Roman Catholics) and from there came Luthern, the Church of England and on and on until Christianity is not at all like it was in its founding by Jesus Christ and the Apostles. Jehovah's Witness is a spinter from a splinter and so forth.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Feb 9, 2013
Freedom of religion and all that. All religions can be disputed. Unfortunately, The Watchtower Society is based on pure fabrication and mysogynistic views. But...the economy sucks, so it's good they wasted their money in Jtown.
Paul Revere

Redmond, WA

#9 May 25, 2013
PUBLISHED IN THE MAY 25, 2013 EDITION OF THE TRIBUNE-DEMOCRAT:

Laurel: Next month, Johnstown will host the Jehovahís Witnesses district convention. Itís the second consecutive year that the group will meet in the city after not having done so for a half century. Last year, an estimated 12,000 Jehovahís Witnesses came to town for the event, which is held over three weekends at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena. Please join us in welcoming them back to Johnstown.
Wife Hunter

Chambersburg, PA

#10 May 25, 2013
Paul Revere wrote:
PUBLISHED IN THE MAY 25, 2013 EDITION OF THE TRIBUNE-DEMOCRAT:
Laurel: Next month, Johnstown will host the Jehovahís Witnesses district convention. Itís the second consecutive year that the group will meet in the city after not having done so for a half century. Last year, an estimated 12,000 Jehovahís Witnesses came to town for the event, which is held over three weekends at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena. Please join us in welcoming them back to Johnstown.
Is this one of those religions where I can accumulate 6-7 wives? If so where do I join up for this group?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Speed Trap Locations Thu Samual 1
Magistrate suspended. Nov 26 So annoying 6
Is tire chains.com a scam site? (Feb '10) Nov 21 Bill 8
Truck Drivers lose jobs Nov 21 sayone 1
The Johnstown Mentality (Jan '14) Nov '14 Get Out Now 12
The Son of God Oct '14 Son of God 1
Missing Bio Father Terrence Wise, Any Info Let ... (Oct '10) Sep '14 ur auntie 3
Indiana Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Indiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indiana News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indiana

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:20 am PST

NBC Sports11:20AM
Troy Polamalu not expected to play on Sunday
Bleacher Report12:58 PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
Bleacher Report 3:38 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Redskins: Live Washington Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
DeSean Jackson Can Earn Ultimate Revenge with Big Week 16 vs. Eagles
NFL 7:23 AM
Eagles' Brandon Graham likely to test free agency