incident that occured at the christia...

incident that occured at the christian home on saturday

Posted in the Indiana Forum

AMY BARKLEY

Davidsville, PA

#1 Aug 13, 2012
MY DAUGHTER IS CURRENTLY RESIDING AT THE CHRISTIAN HOME LOCATED IN JOHNSTOWN PA. PER THE REQUEST OF THE JOHNSTOWN CYS, AND THE CAMBRIA COUNTY COURTS. NOW IM NOT SAYING MY DAUGHTER DOES NOT HAVE HER OWN FAULTS, BUT THE INCIDENT THAT HAPPENED SATURDAY SHOULD HAVE NEVER HAD HAPPENED .AND I FEEL THE PUBLIC SHOULD BE MADE AWARE OF WHAT HAPPENED.SATURDAY AROUND 2:00PM. MY DAUGHTER CALLED ME CRYING. SHE WAS SO, UPSET THAT SHE COULD BARELY TALK.I FELT SO BAD FOR HER BUT NEEDED FOR HER TO CALM DOWN SO, THAT I COULD ASK HER WHAT WAS WRONG.FINALLY AFTER ABOUT TEN MINUTES SHE STARTS EXPLAING WHAT HAD HAPPENED. SHE STARTS BY TELLING ME THAT SHE WAS JUST BEAT UP .NOW ME KNOWING MY DAUGHTER DIDNT WANT TO JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSIONS.SO, I ASKED HER WHAT HAPPENED. THEN SHE PROCEDED TO TELL ME THAT SHE WAS AT THE INDEPENDENT LIVING FACILITY. WHICH IS CONTACTED TO THE CHRISTIAN HOME, DOING WHAT WAS EXPECTED OF HER BY THE COURTS, WHEN A ADULT WHO HAD NO BUSINESS BEING AT THE HOME, CAME UP KNOCKED ON THE DOOR AND ASKED FOR MY DAUGHTER.AT THAT MOMENT THE STAFF THAT WAS ON DUTY, PROCEEDED TO GET MY DAUGHTER AND INFORM HER SHE WAS WANTED OUTSIDE. SO, THE STAFF OF THIS INDEPENDENT LIVING TOOK MY DAUGHTER OUT BACK, TO WHERE THIS FEMALE WAS STANDING.AND WATCHED THIS FEMALE WHO I KNOW IS OVER 18, AND MY DAUGHTER IS A MINOR GET INTO A ALTERCATION.THIS FEMALE BEGIN BEATING HER, AND POUNDING HER FACE OFF THE CONCRETE.REMINDING YOU THAT THE STAFF IS STILL JUST STANDING THERE DOING NOTHING.WHILE THIS IS GOING ON.AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES MY DAUGHTER FINALLY BROKE LOOSE AND MY DAUGHTER STARTED TO DEFEND HERSELF IS WHEN THE STAFF BROKE IT UP. THEN THE FEMALE GOT IN HER CAR AND DROVE AWAY. NOW WHERE DOES THE STATE FEEL THIS IS A MORE SAFER ENVIRONMENT THEN AT HOME? CAN ANY ONE ANSWER THIS? AFTER BEING TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL MY DAUGHTER ENDED UP WITH BRUSISES, AND FACIAL CONTUSIONS.SO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MAKES THIS RIGHT FOR A STAFF TO DO NOTHING? WHILE MY DAUGHTER UNDER THEIR CARE GET ASSAULTED.
DSM IV

Shippensburg, PA

#2 Aug 13, 2012
Sounds like you and your daughter are a couple of Borderline Personalities for sure.
AMY BARKLEY

Davidsville, PA

#3 Aug 13, 2012
DSM IV wrote:
Sounds like you and your daughter are a couple of Borderline Personalities for sure.
right coming from someone who knows nothing.
DSM IV

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Aug 13, 2012
In Johnstown Only white and black trash has contact with Children and Youth Services. The rest of us know how to raise our kids appropriately.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Aug 14, 2012
To this day it never ceases to amaze me how today's Americans feel absolutely no shame about anything. There was a time when things like having your kids taken from you was viewed by all parties involved as an absolute disgrace. Nowadays people talk about it like it's no big deal. American society is truly bottoming out.
Rich

Fairfield, CT

#7 Aug 25, 2012
Well, if that happened, the staff on duty is guilty of "abuse and neglect". Report the incident to the police, the operator of the Christian facility, the CYS and the Court.
Insomniac

Saint Michael, PA

#8 Jul 7, 2013
This doesn't surprise me at all. I worked there previously and shady things happened constantly. You should voice your concerns to your child's cys caseworker and to the judge at the next hewing.
Virginia

Baltimore, MD

#9 Nov 25, 2013
I was there as a teen and the staff we had would never have allowed any harm to come to any of the kids. I find it hard to believe that they would have allowed this to happen. But then again maybe they are slipping on the background checks for their employees. I'm curious though you said she was getting her head bounced off the sidewalk yet all she had was some bruises???FYI contusions are bruises.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man found dead in Black Lick Oct 19 Homer 1
Gossip Girl (Dec '16) Oct 17 Anonymous 3
Hydro Pros Oct 5 Alfred E Neuman 2
Mcnally bridge suicides (Jun '15) Oct 5 Alfred E Neuman 38
News Landmark hot dog shop closes in western Pennsyl... Oct 5 Alfred E Neuman 5
Blonde JPD cop (Dec '16) Sep '17 God hates Florida 7
Connie Winters Kennels (Jul '10) Sep '17 beefcake 2

Indiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance