Catholic Church Launches Anti-Gay, An...

Catholic Church Launches Anti-Gay, Anti-Marriage Website - Lez Get Real | Lez Get Real

There are 40 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Nov 14, 2011, titled Catholic Church Launches Anti-Gay, Anti-Marriage Website - Lez Get Real | Lez Get Real. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

"What is marriage?" According to the Cain Lanamna , which is the Ancient Irish text dealing with marriage, there are nine specific times of unions which are considered marriages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#25 Dec 1, 2011
mmhmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep telling you, those views peoples views don't match those of the entire church. tried using the government analogy, just because I live in the US, doesn't mean I agree with the republicans or democrats wholeheartedly. Just because I'm in the catholic church, it doesn't mean I agree with the hardcore conservatives. You can't tell me there aren't people in your church who's beliefs contradict yours. And, again, I could go protestant and join a church that agrees with my political views (because that's what this really boils down to) but then I'd lose the spiritual teachings and interpretations that I DO agree with. When it comes to my faith, I choose spirituality over politics. Isn't that the more important of the two?
The pastor of my church is a gay man legally married to a gay man. Any members of the church who disagree with that siuation left long ago.

Be a Catholic if that makes you happy, but it certainly seems illogical to me.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#28 Dec 1, 2011
[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
I'm guessing you go to a a church that functions on it's own? Not criticizing, just saying its hard for you to understand when you're coming from a very small group while I'm dealing with an International church with too many people to count. Make sense?[/QUOTE]

I belong to the denomination called "The United Church Of Christ". It is a small Protestant denomination with about one million congregants in about 5300 congregations in all 50 states and elsewhere.

I also am a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the largest Lutheran denomination in the U.S.

Both denominations permit female clergy and gay and lesbian clergy. The present pastor of my UCC church is a former ELCA pastor.
Whatever

Ava, MO

#30 Dec 2, 2011
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I belong to the denomination called "The United Church Of Christ". It is a small Protestant denomination with about one million congregants in about 5300 congregations in all 50 states and elsewhere.
I also am a member of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA), the largest Lutheran denomination in the U.S.
Both denominations permit female clergy and gay and lesbian clergy. The present pastor of my UCC church is a former ELCA pastor.
Another cult void of the Lord and His Word. In other words a religion man made and void of the Lord. The spirit of Anti-Christ!

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

1Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Tim 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Cor 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#31 Dec 2, 2011
Honeylamb, you don't say what I am misinformed or brainwashed about. I already told you, I was RAISED catholic. I went through the catechism and the history. The historical reality is that there was nothing approximating what is called the RCC until after 200AD.

[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
See, that's where your wrong. You've been misinformed. Call me brainwashed by the catholic church, I know what's right and I'm sticking to it. And for the last time, I don't want a religious debate! This is the last time I'll acknowledge you, no use fighting when neither of us is going to change our mind.[/QUOTE]

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#32 Dec 2, 2011
The international aspect of the RCC is not all that important in this country, where many catholics openly criticize or ignore the iron fist of the vatican. You should be prepared; there is a movement underway to create an american catholic church, which will dismiss some of the 16th-century social stances of the current church. You may ultimately have to take a stand, just like the episcopalians/anglicans are doing.

[QUOTE who="really?"]<qu oted text>
I'm guessing you go to a a church that functions on it's own? Not criticizing, just saying its hard for you to understand when you're coming from a very small group while I'm dealing with an International church with too many people to count. Make sense?[/QUOTE]

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#33 Dec 2, 2011
Another christ-ian who ignores the teachings of christ and invokes paul. Jesus never once said that women should not speak in a church.
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Another cult void of the Lord and His Word. In other words a religion man made and void of the Lord. The spirit of Anti-Christ!
Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
1Tim 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
1Tim 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
2Tim 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Tim 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
1Cor 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Cor 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#34 Dec 2, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
I was raised catholic and went to RCC schools for 14 years. I know it can be hard when you are immersed in it, but you have to understand that the real outrage wasn't the sex but the way the church authorities (including the present pope) did everything they could to cover up the rape of thousands of kids. For such a group to condemn anyone else--especially a group that is only demanding its legal rights--on the basis of morality is an affront beyond calculation.
Yes, we know that other clergies have done the same things, and we condemn them as well. But none of the others were so methodical and ruthless in protecting its errant clergy. But most of us do not condemn the congregation, just the hierarchy that allowed the abuse.
<quoted text>
Quit lying,you know nothing of the Catholic church.I proved that Petey.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#35 Dec 2, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
Another christ-ian who ignores the teachings of christ and invokes paul. Jesus never once said that women should not speak in a church.
<quoted text>
Well, considering that Jesus was Jewish and there WERE NO churches in existence at that time, that's pretty obvious, dontcha think ?

:)

Or do you think that Jesus was busy playing Santa Claus at all the Christmas parties ???

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#36 Dec 2, 2011
Lilith_SatansWhore wrote:
No one cares... the cathardo faith is irrelevant in modern culture
It seemed like it bothered you... and cared enough to right a comment.

so you do care

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#37 Dec 2, 2011
Chavo del eight wrote:
<quoted text>
It seemed like it bothered you... and cared enough to right a comment.
so you do care
Don't recognize a casual comment when you see one??? I sure didn't detect much caring there.

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#38 Dec 2, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
I was raised catholic and went to RCC schools for 14 years. I know it can be hard when you are immersed in it, but you have to understand that the real outrage wasn't the sex but the way the church authorities (including the present pope) did everything they could to cover up the rape of thousands of kids. For such a group to condemn anyone else--especially a group that is only demanding its legal rights--on the basis of morality is an affront beyond calculation.
Yes, we know that other clergies have done the same things, and we condemn them as well. But none of the others were so methodical and ruthless in protecting its errant clergy. But most of us do not condemn the congregation, just the hierarchy that allowed the abuse.
<quoted text>
You sound very fair :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#39 Dec 2, 2011
cpeter1313 wrote:
The RCC didn't come into existence until over 2 centuries after jesus supposedly died. There were in fact many factions calling themselves the true church; the early catholics happened ot win the (often physical) fight. They didn't interpret the bible; they created it from various early texts. Anything that did not support their views was discarded, and often destroyed.
Most of the opinions that are at odds with public opinion come from the vatican, with the bishops just adding their own bigotry to the mix.
Can we get along? Sure. But not until the RCC stops trying to interfere with the legal rights of gay (and other) american citizens.
<quoted text>
You are very intelligent!! I'm proud of you, especially for being so realistic. Keep up the good work and education, and God bless!

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#40 Dec 2, 2011
Sorry, cult-girl, but your particular interpretation of the RCC is not canonical. Or sane.
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Quit lying,you know nothing of the Catholic church.I proved that Petey.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#41 Dec 2, 2011
Church, temple, synagogue. When paul wrote his detestable missives, there STILL weren't any churches. The source-word didn't exist until at least 800AD. They would have been referring to a temple. Any mention of a church in the bible would be an anachronism.

BTW--paul lived in such chronological proximity to the time jesus supposedly lived that there wouldn't have been any great shift in terminology.

Regardless of the setting, your jesus never told women to shut up.
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, considering that Jesus was Jewish and there WERE NO churches in existence at that time, that's pretty obvious, dontcha think ?
:)
Or do you think that Jesus was busy playing Santa Claus at all the Christmas parties ???

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#42 Dec 2, 2011
I do try to be.
Sherlane wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very fair :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#43 Dec 2, 2011
As I said, I grew up in the RCC; I know that the official hierarchy is much different from the majority of american catholics.
Sherlane wrote:
<quoted text>
You are very intelligent!! I'm proud of you, especially for being so realistic. Keep up the good work and education, and God bless!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#44 Dec 2, 2011
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The pastor of my church is a gay man legally married to a gay man. Any members of the church who disagree with that siuation left long ago.
Be a Catholic if that makes you happy, but it certainly seems illogical to me.
I truly hope you're as fair-minded as you sound. I share your views.

“WOOF !”

Since: Jul 11

Libertarian

#45 Dec 3, 2011
Sherlane wrote:
<quoted text>
I truly hope you're as fair-minded as you sound. I share your views.
I am ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.

:)

PEACE !

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#46 Jan 3, 2012
paul SHYKORA arts wrote:
<quoted text>..YES...TRUE,here....H ymmmmm Are you's ..''sherlane''...a Black Person,witha a ''phoney photo/picture,here!!...
Huh?

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#47 Jan 3, 2012
Fred ABQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am ALWAYS Fair. And Balanced.
:)
PEACE !
And peace, joy and love to you :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Worst White Rapper Ever Feb 20 Abbots step dad 19
Johnstown is a total disaster Feb 8 Fat Abbott 2
News Was Christina Korbe protecting her two children? (Dec '08) Feb 1 Kristina aka Whit... 68
Blonde JPD cop Jan 30 Alpha Dog 4
Chimes Gospel television show Jan '17 Crazylegs 6
The Johnstown Originals Dec '16 Who cates 4
Gossip Girl Dec '16 GossipHater 1

Indiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Indiana Mortgages