Re-paving Brandon Oaks Parkway

Posted in the Indian Trail Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Big T

Wilmington, NC

#1 May 3, 2010
Was it necessary to re-pave the entire stretch? There was only one bad spot right there near the pool. Seems like a huge waste of money.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#2 May 3, 2010
Big T wrote:
Was it necessary to re-pave the entire stretch? There was only one bad spot right there near the pool. Seems like a huge waste of money.
I am not aware of the ownership of this roadway. If the Brandon Oaks HOA owns the road than the members and its board can spend it any way they would like. But, if this is a town or county road, then I would tend to agree, it was an unnecessary expenditure.
Big T

Wilmington, NC

#3 May 3, 2010
Yeah I thought about that but there is now way a HOA would have the funds to re-pave that much roadway.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#4 May 3, 2010
Big T wrote:
Yeah I thought about that but there is now way a HOA would have the funds to re-pave that much roadway.
I used to be an HOA president. This depends on the revenue obtained over your 6-year existence and overhead costs. You may actually have the funds, you may have borrowed (which is common-risky, but common), or the road is actually owed by the county. Contact the local office to make sure, or, contact your property manager (Henderson Properties? I think) to find out.
IT Proud

Wauseon, OH

#5 May 5, 2010
This was funded by the town of Indian Trail. Although you may have only noticed a few bumps the road was rated very poorly. Years of heavy traffic and construction vehicles had taken it's toll.
Are you really proud

Indian Trail, NC

#6 May 7, 2010
4 our of 5 Town Council members live in Brnadon Oaks. Nice "jester" on behalf of the City Tax Money being spent on special intrest PAC supporters.
CeeIT

Indian Trail, NC

#7 May 8, 2010
Why do you care where they live - there are no districts in Indian Trail.
Drive by a former councilmembers house right now and look at the thousands of dollars spent to keep her property from flooding. It will never be fixed, the whole neighborhood was built on top of a swamp in the 70's.
Other council members have lived on the same street while being in office together, didn't seem to bother you then.
IT Proud

Wauseon, OH

#8 May 10, 2010
This is one of the heaviest traveled roads in Indian Trail clocking over 5000 trips per day servicing not only Brandon Oaks but the three adjoining communities (Holly Park, Taylor Glenn and Stoney Creek)

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#9 May 11, 2010
IT Proud wrote:
This is one of the heaviest traveled roads in Indian Trail clocking over 5000 trips per day servicing not only Brandon Oaks but the three adjoining communities (Holly Park, Taylor Glenn and Stoney Creek)
The heaviest traveled road not owned by the state or county? I would suspect that highway 74, Old Charlotte Highway, Rogers Road, Indian Trail Fairview Road, and Wesley Chapel Stouts have heavier usage.
IT Proud

Wauseon, OH

#10 May 11, 2010
That is correct Syracuse. Brandon Oaks Pkwy is owned by the Town Of Indian Trail the other roads are not which is why the town paid to repave this as one of their worst conditioned roads.
Sadly, I don't think the state or the county are in any position financially to maintain their roads.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#11 May 11, 2010
IT Proud wrote:
That is correct Syracuse. Brandon Oaks Pkwy is owned by the Town Of Indian Trail the other roads are not which is why the town paid to repave this as one of their worst conditioned roads.
Sadly, I don't think the state or the county are in any position financially to maintain their roads.
Come on now, we're friends; call me 'I', lol... Well, I am for anything that sets IT apart from its surrounding communities. I want IT to be the standard of excellence in housing, schools, athletics, college selections, churches, etc...
Big T

Wilmington, NC

#12 May 13, 2010
Funny how the condition of that road suddenly "improves" when you get to the end of Brandon Oaks. No council memebers living in Holly Park I guess.
IT Proud

Wauseon, OH

#13 May 13, 2010
The road was resurfaced up to the bridge which is the older section of the road. The later half towards the traffic circle is only about 5-6 years old.
IT Proud

Wauseon, OH

#14 May 13, 2010
I want IT to be the standard of excellence in housing, schools, athletics, college selections, churches, etc...

Well said.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#15 May 14, 2010
IT Proud wrote:
I want IT to be the standard of excellence in housing, schools, athletics, college selections, churches, etc...
Well said.
Yes, I want people in Waxaw, Weddington, Monroe, Matthews, Mint Hill, and Charlotte to all look at IT and say; wow, I wish I lived there. In order to get people to say that, we need to give a great first impression. In order for them to continue saying that; we need to continue to build the face of IT. That means making our schools look great, nice gardens, nice lighting at night, great test scores, tough on crime, etc... This may be an over-simplification, but those are some of the things it is going to take.
Mike

Wichita, KS

#16 Aug 13, 2010
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I want people in Waxaw, Weddington, Monroe, Matthews, Mint Hill, and Charlotte to all look at IT and say; wow, I wish I lived there. In order to get people to say that, we need to give a great first impression. In order for them to continue saying that; we need to continue to build the face of IT. That means making our schools look great, nice gardens, nice lighting at night, great test scores, tough on crime, etc... This may be an over-simplification, but those are some of the things it is going to take.
If we are serious about making IT attractive and well represented, start with the high school. It sadly looks it age and not in a good way. It would not take too much money and effort to make the school grounds pleasing to look at and to be on. With the over grown grass and pitiful land scaping it looks borderline abandoned.
On the Brandon oaks parkway, that road is a major cut through and was trashed. Too many times repairs are not done to the extent that they should be and the road deteriorates right back to where it was and you have just thrown all that money out the window.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#17 Aug 13, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
If we are serious about making IT attractive and well represented, start with the high school. It sadly looks it age and not in a good way. It would not take too much money and effort to make the school grounds pleasing to look at and to be on. With the over grown grass and pitiful land scaping it looks borderline abandoned.
On the Brandon oaks parkway, that road is a major cut through and was trashed. Too many times repairs are not done to the extent that they should be and the road deteriorates right back to where it was and you have just thrown all that money out the window.
I fully agree with you Mike.
IT4me

Wauseon, OH

#18 Aug 13, 2010
I agree about the high school as well but the school is owned by Union County Public Schools not the Indian Trail Town. The county does need to step up and start maintaining it's facilities.
IT4me

Wauseon, OH

#19 Aug 13, 2010
I agree about the high school but the school is owned by Union County Public Schools not the Indian Trail Town. The county does need to step up and start maintaining it's facilities.
IT 4me2

Indian Trail, NC

#20 Aug 14, 2010
IT has taken over many miles of Roads. The Engineering Dapartment hired a company to grade all roads in IT. The ED decides which roads should be repaved, not the Town Council. Midway Drive,Picketts Circle, and several Roads in the Beacon Hills subdivision, where ex Council woman Shirley Howe lives, and the old part of Brandon Oaks Parkway.
The developer of Brandon Oaks Parkway made the landscaping the most beautiful in IT. All neighborhoods along Rogers Road and Wesley Chapel Road use the Parkway, about 30% of IT's population, in addition the unincorporated neighborhoods as well. The Parkway is used for commuting as well as shopping in Mecklenburg. For many it is a shortcut, avoiding Sun Valley.
Be proud that you live in the Town that has Brandon Oaks Parkway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Trail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
guitar center sucks 15 hr Well Well 12
Cam's pimped out again 18 hr Boogie Man 6
The ex gov visits Trump 18 hr Boogie Man 3
Pat McCory lost by 10,000 votes, 300,000 Illega... 20 hr See 4
News Social media's impact in Keith Lamont Scott case 20 hr Fred Herbert 1
Considering a move to Wesley Chapel (Feb '16) Thu chickie45 5
Trump Hates Poor White Folks Wed Trump calls you t... 1

Indian Trail Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance