Has anyone used Pileggi Builders?

Posted in the Indian Trail Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2008
I just moved to Indian Trail and am planning on doing a remodeling job and came up with this name... Carl Pileggi is from Indian Trail and as I checked on his background, his credentials are horrible - he's not licensed and he owes several clients money. I don't think I'll use him, I really can't afford bad contractors, I have been scammed by contractors before and it's such a stressful experience. But just out of curiosity and peace of mind, I was just wondering if this guy is one of those local "idiot" that consumers need to be warned about. I need a reliable and honest contractor to remodel the building I just bought, so any input would be great. Thanks
Carl Pileggi

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 11, 2008
All I can say to all "2" of my clients who have had problems with me is why are we not in court, I have all my records and my attorney would love the court time. These sites are for cowards who for some unknown reason do not want to post their names, I wonder why???? It is just another case of beating up the contractor, trying to get something for nothing. Hire the contractor, love the job throughout until the last draw and then nothing is right, just so you dont have to pay. Why have all the people slandering me not put their names out here, I am curious. Anyway my accounts payable is $21,613.00 and my accounts receivable is $67,472.98----what does that tell you. Anyway I "had" to close my business due to customers WHO DO NOT PAY, contractors are not banks, just builders. Before you speak on this have your facts straight.

Sincerely,

Carl Pileggi
DSyo

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 14, 2008
Spoken from the man himself. I think the people not posting their names are not coward, more of not dumb. When it does come time for court, they're not stupid enough to get caught in a "slander" counter sue with you Mr. Pileggi. And as far as you "having to close" your business, the truth is you had to close your business because you are getting calls from other companies such as the NC Attorney General, The BBB, The NC Licensing Board for General Contractors, and other companies that YOU OWE money to? Why are you setting yourself up to be a victim? It's a FACT that YOU owe people money - you take their hefty downpayment, do a horrible job and never finish due to either they fire you or you find yourself in a spot that you simply don't have the man power so you never get back to them... is this the truth Mr. Pileggi or not??? Please don't insult your victim's intellegence by making yourself out to be the victim and do not insult other honest contractors by saying "contractors are not banks" and comparing yourself to them. I have used honest contractors who do the job and get paid. The TRUE and CORRECT FACTS are YOU are the true coward by avoiding the calls.
Carl Pileggi

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jan 14, 2008
An open letter to DSyo,

You are a perfect example of my original statement of a coward, why no name, you use the counter-suit excuse. Like I stated in my earlier text, I owe people money because of the customers who do not pay me. I never had this problem in the past, people were different , they would pay the contarctor in full for work done, some people do not do that. I do not know who you are or what you do, but it is very evident you are living under a rock, sitting in a cubicle on a computer all day and do not understand the ethics of business. I would love to sit down and explain the reasons why my company was put in this position, and I am not alone, I have several friends in the business who are experiencing the same situations, we are not banks here to FUND the projects, if we get beat out of our last draw or payment, it is a trickle down effect, we all suffer, but that does not make it right. Please show all the nice readers that you are not a coward and at least include your name on your response, or is it that you cannot do so?
Contractors, like all building trades all take the heat, we are the punching bags for customers who just plain out do not want to pay, maybe they should form a board to investigate customers, before they sign a contract with the builder, to protect us??????????
Have a nice day!!!!

And by the way I would not want to do your project call one of the other local idiots, take their money!!!!
another city

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jan 14, 2008
maybe you should choose higher end clients. Im in the business also and dont have problems with people not paying. Of course Our clients fund their own projects we just do the work. And apparently its good because our calls dont stop coming.
Carl Pileggi

Charlotte, NC

#6 Jan 14, 2008
I agree, higher end customers are great, but in the construction business, it is feast or famine, and we cannot be selective about our customers finances or credit ratings. All I can say is, I learned a valuble lesson. By the way business, back 15 years ago, was not like this, people were different.
DSyo

Charlotte, NC

#7 Jan 21, 2008
I think I struck a nerve with Mr. Pileggi. You believe what you want to believe, you are in obvious denial of your work ethics and have come to believe that you have done nothing wrong. You are a perfect example of that "one bad apple" theory. That's fine. But sorry to say that I have more important things to do than sit here and argue with you, so you might have to take your "I'm innocent and everyone sucks" anger at another topix, you've pretty much answered my question. Good luck in your future as an "honest, victimized contractor".
Scammed

Charlotte, NC

#8 Feb 7, 2008
It is amazing that Carl should call someone else a coward. When that is exactly what he is. Ducking phone calls. Not showing up in court. I would love to see you try and defend why you stole money from us. Money we gave him for material. He never started the job.
Trouble stopper

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2008
If you really want to find out what type of business this company is go to your local NC Clerk of Courts office and type in his name,and also his companies name and maybe, depending on the circumstances any employees names at the Civil computer. It is all public record and if you happen to pull up anything it will give you the case file number and county listed. If you are lucky enough to be at the Clerk of Courts office where the file is stored pull the file and read what is in it. This research on your own will stop all of the he said she said crap and you will get nothing but the facts. One or two items may not be an indication of what type business or person he is, but I can assure you it has been my experience that if you find alot of case file numbers you probably have a crook, or scam artist and need to be aware. This is one of the services I use when checking out someone for the company that I work for. The court documents don't lie.
another city

Raleigh, NC

#10 Feb 11, 2008
Trouble stopper wrote:
If you really want to find out what type of business this company is go to your local NC Clerk of Courts office and type in his name,and also his companies name and maybe, depending on the circumstances any employees names at the Civil computer. It is all public record and if you happen to pull up anything it will give you the case file number and county listed. If you are lucky enough to be at the Clerk of Courts office where the file is stored pull the file and read what is in it. This research on your own will stop all of the he said she said crap and you will get nothing but the facts. One or two items may not be an indication of what type business or person he is, but I can assure you it has been my experience that if you find alot of case file numbers you probably have a crook, or scam artist and need to be aware. This is one of the services I use when checking out someone for the company that I work for. The court documents don't lie.
Word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool when you are in the construction business. We do really well with our business and are blessed with high end clients. Our phone is always ringing and we have great success in getting paid. But the work is good and the job is finished in the end. We have had a few customers who were not satisfied with one or two things and we fixed it to the customers liking and moved on the the next job.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#11 Feb 11, 2008
Most of our advertising is by word of mouth also and we too have some great paying customers. I was just trying to give some accurate information that has been beneficial to our company and stop some of the he said she said things that tend to go around with no actual proof or finding. That was my only intent. I agree that word of mouth can and will either make or break a company or an individual!
another city

Raleigh, NC

#12 Feb 11, 2008
Troublestopper wrote:
Most of our advertising is by word of mouth also and we too have some great paying customers. I was just trying to give some accurate information that has been beneficial to our company and stop some of the he said she said things that tend to go around with no actual proof or finding. That was my only intent. I agree that word of mouth can and will either make or break a company or an individual!
Im sorry please dont take what I said wrong I was just adding to yours also. Your information was very helpful and will be used by us in the future.
Troublestopper

Monroe, NC

#13 Feb 12, 2008
Your comments were not taken wrong. Thanks for clearing this up.
John Davis

United States

#14 Feb 16, 2008
Trouble stopper wrote:
If you really want to find out what type of business this company is go to your local NC Clerk of Courts office and type in his name,and also his companies name and maybe, depending on the circumstances any employees names at the Civil computer. It is all public record and if you happen to pull up anything it will give you the case file number and county listed. If you are lucky enough to be at the Clerk of Courts office where the file is stored pull the file and read what is in it. This research on your own will stop all of the he said she said crap and you will get nothing but the facts. One or two items may not be an indication of what type business or person he is, but I can assure you it has been my experience that if you find alot of case file numbers you probably have a crook, or scam artist and need to be aware. This is one of the services I use when checking out someone for the company that I work for. The court documents don't lie.
Thanks Trouble Shooter. I have already done this and I highly recommend everyone do thier research before hiring ANYONE. All I can say about Pileggi Builders... use the common sense that the good Lord gave you before doing anything with this company.
niagara falls

South Bend, IN

#15 Mar 1, 2008
there is a reason why carl pileggi moved to your wonderful part of our country. he was not allowed to work here any more, for the same reasons your complaining about. oh by the way, didn't he end up in jail recently?
John Davis

Fayetteville, NC

#17 Mar 4, 2008
niagara falls wrote:
there is a reason why carl pileggi moved to your wonderful part of our country. he was not allowed to work here any more, for the same reasons your complaining about. oh by the way, didn't he end up in jail recently?
Niagra Falls, that's pretty funny! He sure does leave a trail... but why North Carolina? What have we done to deserve this guy?? To answer your question - Yes, he's in Federal prison for 25 months. Not sure for what, but it can't be good if you're in Federal prison! Go to this site and you'll find this loser getting what he deserves:
http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp
scammed

Fayetteville, NC

#18 Apr 15, 2008
Carl Pileggi wrote:
All I can say to all "2" of my clients who have had problems with me is why are we not in court, I have all my records and my attorney would love the court time. These sites are for cowards who for some unknown reason do not want to post their names, I wonder why???? It is just another case of beating up the contractor, trying to get something for nothing. Hire the contractor, love the job throughout until the last draw and then nothing is right, just so you dont have to pay. Why have all the people slandering me not put their names out here, I am curious. Anyway my accounts payable is $21,613.00 and my accounts receivable is $67,472.98----what does that tell you. Anyway I "had" to close my business due to customers WHO DO NOT PAY, contractors are not banks, just builders. Before you speak on this have your facts straight.
Sincerely,
Carl Pileggi
hey jackass, I'm one of your "2" clients that had problems with you. My problem was I gave you money and you never did the job. I'd say that was a big problem, don't you think? And for the record, we did take you to court, but where the hell were you? Reading your bull**** on here makes my skin crawl, you should rot in jail, you belong there.
Joe

Matthews, NC

#19 May 8, 2008
Try to see it my way,
Do I have to keep on talking till I can't go on?
While you see it your way,
Run the risk of knowing that our love may soon be gone.

We can work it out,
We can work it out.

Think of what you're saying.
You can get it wrong and still you think that it's all right.
Think of what I'm saying,
We can work it out and get it straight, or say good night.

We can work it out,
We can work it out.

Life is very short, and there's no time
For fussing and fighting, my friend.
I have always thought that it's a crime,
So I will ask you once again.

Try to see it my way,
Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
While you see it your way
There's a chance that we might fall apart before too long.

We can work it out,
We can work it out.

Bridge:
Life is very short, and there's no time
For fussing and fighting, my friend.
I have always thought that it's a crime,
So I will ask you once again.

Verse #4
Try to see it my way,
Only time will tell if I am right or I am wrong.
While you see it your way
There's a chance that we might fall apart before too long.

Chorus:
We can work it out,
We can work it out.
Trouble stopper

United States

#21 May 25, 2008
He was probably interrupted and had to sing something to "Bubba". Give him a goodnight kiss. I wander if he is enjoying the screwing that his is getting like some of you claim you all got?
samoyed favorite

Concord, NC

#22 Jun 20, 2008
DSyo wrote:
Spoken from the man himself. I think the people not posting their names are not coward, more of not dumb. When it does come time for court, they're not stupid enough to get caught in a "slander" counter sue with you Mr. Pileggi. And as far as you "having to close" your business, the truth is you had to close your business because you are getting calls from other companies such as the NC Attorney General, The BBB, The NC Licensing Board for General Contractors, and other companies that YOU OWE money to? Why are you setting yourself up to be a victim? It's a FACT that YOU owe people money - you take their hefty downpayment, do a horrible job and never finish due to either they fire you or you find yourself in a spot that you simply don't have the man power so you never get back to them... is this the truth Mr. Pileggi or not??? Please don't insult your victim's intellegence by making yourself out to be the victim and do not insult other honest contractors by saying "contractors are not banks" and comparing yourself to them. I have used honest contractors who do the job and get paid. The TRUE and CORRECT FACTS are YOU are the true coward by avoiding the calls.
WEll shame on Mr. Carl Pileggi!! He got is justice. He is now serving two years in the slammer!! So hopefully all of his past victims can get closure. However, I would like to take a moment and make a suggestion. Even though Carl was not a father to his three beautiful and kind hearted children, he is still their father and I believe they love him. So just remember that they are old enough to look up his name and read all of the nasty things you are saying about him. It is really hurting them. I know you all are angry and you have every right to be, but two wrongs don't make it right, especially when their are innocent children involved.
Good luck to all
a family friend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Trail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bggb (Aug '14) 55 min gab 153
how now BROWN cow >> boi 2 hr JMO 9
News Woman dies after boyfriend says she jumped from... (Dec '09) 4 hr jkelly 88
420? 17 hr JMO 2
Tennessee boy looking for some fun tonight 20 hr Tennessee boy 1
Dog food heroin smack? Thu Emmy1345 26
Charlotte really SUCKS! (Aug '09) Thu Waco 1909 166
More from around the web

Indian Trail People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]