Bridge repair to cause major detour

Oct 2, 2012 Full story: The Gaston Gazette 10

Work to replace the C.C. Dawson Bridge, also referred to as the Lakewood Road bridge, will start Thursday and could take as long as April 2014 to complete.

Full Story
mimi

Gastonia, NC

#1 Oct 3, 2012
This is crazy!!!! A year? A year, that we will have to detour onto Market St? There goes your visitors to Goat Island. I sure want go down Eighth to Market to Wilkinson to Lakewood to get to an island I can see from my home. A year seems very long to finish such a project.
hmm

Westford, MA

#2 Oct 5, 2012
hmm
Observant and Brainy

Huntersville, NC

#3 Oct 5, 2012
mimi wrote:
This is crazy!!!! A year? A year, that we will have to detour onto Market St? There goes your visitors to Goat Island. I sure want go down Eighth to Market to Wilkinson to Lakewood to get to an island I can see from my home. A year seems very long to finish such a project.
Really. How long has it typically taken you to build a bridge?
mimi

Gastonia, NC

#4 Oct 16, 2012
It should not take a year!!! You live in Huntersville, you have no idea how much traffic this small town encounters during rush hour. There are only 3 ways in and out and they are shutting one down. I feel like a year is too terribly long to complete this project. Its a small bridge at that.
cram res

Duluth, GA

#5 Nov 20, 2012
Observant and Brainy wrote:
<quoted text>Really. How long has it typically taken you to build a bridge?
We goons have like mcadenville bridge lol.

Since: Dec 12

Charlotte, NC

#6 Dec 30, 2012
It's great that they are repairing a bridge, but if it's going to take them this long they are better off building a brand new bridge.

In fact reading up on Americas crumbling infrastructure that's probably a better idea. Tear it down and build a better, modern and more importantly longer lasting bridge. Expensive, but it will save time and money in future.

But yea either they are building the bridge with 10 men or they building they are BSing. I think they are BSing.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#7 Dec 31, 2012
I went by there a couple weeks ago. They have completely torn up the the Cramerton side of the the bridge landing, and there is nothing left of the concrete support pillar in the middle of the river except some twisted rebar.

Looks like work had begun on the landing, but they still have a LONG way to go yet.
Jerry

Gastonia, NC

#8 Dec 31, 2012
When a house is 75% condemned on a high dollar lot/piece of land, what would a smart owner/contractor do if the infrastructure is say "totalled" as in a vehicle. Insurance money goes to the owner of totalled car and off to the junk yard it goes. Bridge, house same scenaio=LABOR INTENSIVE & not cost effective with a repair. With a houseit's pretty much standard procedure and cost effective and quicker to level house and rebuild. Saewith the tiny bridge. A year is way too long for such an easy ad smart alternative. So the smart councilmen are not so smart. Happy New Year anyway; if this is all you hve to whine about Mimi, then you re one luck lady.
scam

Belmont, NC

#9 May 20, 2014
Wow the construction company is still milking the city of cramerton with the bridge construction? How do people not realize this?
Duh

Duluth, GA

#10 May 21, 2014
scam wrote:
Wow the construction company is still milking the city of cramerton with the bridge construction? How do people not realize this?
It's a state project idiot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Trail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 min xrepub 60,075
Tiffany Wright - WSOC-TV 1 hr Grams 5
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) 8 hr Jessica g 132
dog food 21 hr You seen that boy 8
lookin for that boy. where's he at (Mar '14) 21 hr You seen that boy 16
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Sep 26 akita96th 237
Woman Taken From North Charlotte Parking Lot, S... (Sep '07) Sep 24 me 2

Indian Trail Jobs

Indian Trail People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Indian Trail News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Indian Trail

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]