The Kaitlyn Hunt Case: Teenage Romance Or Sexual Predator?

May 25, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Outside the Beltway

Coming out of Florida, there's a case that seems to epitomize all at once the problems with our sex offender laws, the sometimes non-sensical manner in which our laws and our culture continue to treat the issue of teenage sexuality, and the ongoing fact of bias against homosexuality that is still a major factor in many parts of the country.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

11 posts removed by the mods already? There must of been a lot of nasty posts removed. Shame shame.

Now I will weigh in on the subject at hand. The accused was 18 and the other girl was 14. It is a no-brainer. The 18 year old is a sexual predator by law and by any sensible moral values system. Had it been male on female, the male would have been arrested and facing trial the same as Kaitlyn, but without all the hoopla because her lover was the same sex as her. Law clearly states, legal age for consent of a minor with an adult is 16. I know of a family that had a son who unknowingly had sex with an underage girl whose son is getting out of prison after two years. There was no free the fellow hoopla for him before he was sent to prison. Even though the sex was consensual, he went to jail anyway.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
11 posts removed by the mods already? There must of been a lot of nasty posts removed. Shame shame.
Now I will weigh in on the subject at hand. The accused was 18 and the other girl was 14. It is a no-brainer. The 18 year old is a sexual predator by law and by any sensible moral values system. Had it been male on female, the male would have been arrested and facing trial the same as Kaitlyn, but without all the hoopla because her lover was the same sex as her. Law clearly states, legal age for consent of a minor with an adult is 16. I know of a family that had a son who unknowingly had sex with an underage girl whose son is getting out of prison after two years. There was no free the fellow hoopla for him before he was sent to prison. Even though the sex was consensual, he went to jail anyway.
I have been saying the same thing, but you and I seem to be in a very tiny minority here as it seems about 99% of the people here are vociferously defending this criminal.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Have they found any semen for evidence?
She admitted it........next question.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

She has to be prosecuted per the current law. She was 18 and had sex with a 14 year old, and that's a no no in the eyes if the law. Guilty, without deliberation.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>I have been saying the same thing, but you and I seem to be in a very tiny minority here as it seems about 99% of the people here are vociferously defending this criminal.
I'm TOTALLY with you!

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

I read online today about a car chase. The police were chasing somebody with a stolen credit card. The guy is 49 years old. Anyway he was arrested, tried, convicted and was just sentenced. He didn't kill or hurt anybody. Just mostly the car chase I guess. He's 49 years old. The judge sentenced him to 50 years in prison.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Shows-...

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

She was warned to stop by the underaged teen's parents and she proceeded to entice the girl to sneak out for an overnighter. This is a predator, plain and simple.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Europa Report wrote:
I read online today about a car chase. The police were chasing somebody with a stolen credit card. The guy is 49 years old. Anyway he was arrested, tried, convicted and was just sentenced. He didn't kill or hurt anybody. Just mostly the car chase I guess. He's 49 years old. The judge sentenced him to 50 years in prison.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Video-Shows-...

What in the Heii dose this have to do with a adult assaulting a child in a school bathroom?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
She has to be prosecuted per the current law. She was 18 and had sex with a 14 year old, and that's a no no in the eyes if the law. Guilty, without deliberation.
She should be prosecuted, but I do think her age should be considered in any sentence handed down. I would favor a suspended sentence with probation. If she stays clean and appears to have learned her lesson, I would say cut her a break. Otherwise, I would say send her to jail if she violates probation with no mercy whatsoever.

“Still an outsider”

Since: Jan 07

Dagus Mines, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>She should be prosecuted, but I do think her age should be considered in any sentence handed down. I would favor a suspended sentence with probation. If she stays clean and appears to have learned her lesson, I would say cut her a break. Otherwise, I would say send her to jail if she violates probation with no mercy whatsoever.
he was offered this plea and refused it. "Prosecutors have offered a plea deal to Hunt that would allow her to avoid registering as a sex offender if she pleads guilty to lesser charges of child abuse. The state attorney Bruce Colton said he would recommend two years of house arrest followed by one year of probation"
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Juan wrote:
Just trying to show a black 18 year old male would be thrown under the jail for doing the same thing to a 14 year old girl. There being gay has nothing to do with it, she's guilty of a sexual crime as the law clearly states.
The jealous prosecutor is SOL
She doesn't have a semen sample to prove they had sex
The judge will drop the case for lack of evidence
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>The jealous prosecutor is SOL
Like you've been told you before, semen is Very RARELY recovered from sexual assault cases these days. Even if it were a requirement, it would apply in this case because as you well know, Ms. Hunt is not capable of producing semen. Please stop spouting off nonsensical BS in effort to further complicate and confuse the situation. If you'd like to contribute to the conversation, you and everyone else involved would be much better served if you would do so maturely and without intentionally attempting to muddy the waters further.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>Don't need a semen sample, she has already admitted to it. I can see why you would say that though, you ho:mos enjoy swallowing the evidence. LOL
C'mon, man, that's not necessary.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The jealous prosecutor is SOL
LOL.

Hunt's gonna wish she'd taken the plea deal.
No you are

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been saying the same thing, but you and I seem to be in a very tiny minority here as it seems about 99% of the people here are vociferously defending this criminal.
I'm very surprised to see so many people defending her.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very surprised to see so many people defending her.
Me too.

She admitted to commission of a crime.
Mud Master

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

No you are wrote:
<quoted text>I'm very surprised to see so many people defending her.
You and me both!
No you are

Stamford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.
She admitted to commission of a crime.
Why do you think people are defending her? Because they are both female? I wonder if they would still support her if she was sleeping with a boy.
Dan

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

No you are wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think people are defending her? Because they are both female? I wonder if they would still support her if she was sleeping with a boy.
IMO, it's because they were both female.

I don't know why that's germane, but someone's always ready to pick up on a perceived slight or injustice to homosexuals.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

TrueBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need a semen sample, she has already admitted to it. I can see why you would say that though, you ho:mos enjoy swallowing the evidence. LOL
The jealous prosecutor doesn't have a DNA sample either
Nor does she have any carpet fibers to use for evidence
Only heresay
Neither a judge nor a jury can convict on heresay
They have to have proof beyond the shadow of a doubt

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of64
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Indian River Shores Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Indian River Shores People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••