Houston County pageants begin Saturday

There are 4 comments on the The Leaf-Chronicle story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Houston County pageants begin Saturday. In it, The Leaf-Chronicle reports that:

The Houston County Recreation Club begins its annual series of Miss Houston County pageants Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Leaf-Chronicle.

Taylor Swift

Bay Springs, MS

#1 Feb 27, 2011
These pageants are a JOKE!!!!!!!!!! It's always been who you are and who you know. The people that are over them pick the judges and it's no surprise that their children are always the ones placing. I think that if you have anything to do with these pageant, you should not be able to put a child in them!

Unless you're related to someone who is over them, don't waste your money or your time because it will do you no good! Someone should really do something about "The Recreation Club" and how these pageants are put together and ran!
Robbie

Bay Springs, MS

#2 Feb 28, 2011
I agree with you 100% Most all of the little ones that placed in these pageants were related to someone that has something to with the pageants themselves!!! I don't think you should be able to put your child in these pageants if you have anything at all to do with them! Your right, they are a JOKE!
Susan

Centerville, TN

#3 Mar 1, 2011
It has never changed. my daughter is grown now but when she was little, I would put her in the local Houston County pageants and it was always the same winners. No matter how good some did, it was always the people over the pageants that had family members placing in them. It's also who you are and know in those kind of things.
katrina

Erin, TN

#4 Mar 18, 2013
I have put 3 of my daughters in these pageants and some win and some lose. I think they have been fair every time. If my child didn't do good then they didn't win. I focus on my child having a good time and tell them to have fun, because that's what it's really about. I don't need a judge to tell me my child is beautiful or wonderful. They are just out to have a great time, it's not about me or winning. I love Houston County Pageants!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ambulance and hospital May 17 Dover guy 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) May 9 Politricks 300
Convert H.265 Movie from Samsung NX1 to H.265/HEVC May 6 hanskobe 5
looking (Apr '13) Oct '14 jacob 2
News Disaster reconstruction grants available for fl... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Tenant done wrong 1
News Stewart County man chases burglary suspects (May '09) May '13 Suspect 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Oct '12 Auntie Theist 79
More from around the web

Indian Mound People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]