Inquiring Mind

Galena, MO

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I used to live in Cumberland City back in the mid 70's. My brother was from the last graduating class of W.T. Thomas. I was wondering what ever happened to the old school? Also, there was a family that lived there with the last name Powell, I was wondering if the old house still stood...it was a farm.
inquiring also

United States

#2 Nov 22, 2015
Inquiring Mind wrote:
I used to live in Cumberland City back in the mid 70's. My brother was from the last graduating class of W.T. Thomas. I was wondering what ever happened to the old school? Also, there was a family that lived there with the last name Powell, I was wondering if the old house still stood...it was a farm.
The school is still there. The county owns it and wont tear it down. Thats fine with me because i love old school houses and looking at them. Its very runt down and almost every glass window ans door is busted out. The doors are however locked and no trespassing signs are all over. There is a walking path built around it now as well.

My question is what year did this school officially ccloseits doors. If your brother was from the last graduating class there maybe you can tell me when it closed. Thanks.
Inquiring Mind

West Plains, MO

#3 Jan 10, 2016
inquiring also wrote:
<quoted text>
The school is still there. The county owns it and wont tear it down. Thats fine with me because i love old school houses and looking at them. Its very runt down and almost every glass window ans door is busted out. The doors are however locked and no trespassing signs are all over. There is a walking path built around it now as well.
My question is what year did this school officially ccloseits doors. If your brother was from the last graduating class there maybe you can tell me when it closed. Thanks.
My brother graduated in 1976, he was the valedictorian...I think there we 14 in his senior class, don't quote me on that tho. He has passed away and his yearbook was destroyed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Military Surplus 4 hr Farts Toros 6
Clegherns employees (Oct '14) 8 hr Long-term Farts 8
Smelly people 8 hr Long-term Farts 4
Smelly farts 11 hr Fart Dodger 2
Bowling alley 11 hr Fart Strike 2
What is wrong with you people 11 hr Farting Free 2
Mexican Restaurant 11 hr Farting Consumer 2

Indian Mound Jobs

Personal Finance

Indian Mound Mortgages