Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chattanoogan.com

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Comments (Page 348)

Showing posts 6,941 - 6,960 of8,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on the source and the reason for posting it.
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~Hyper/DETOC/ch4_0...

This book in two volumes was once High School required reading {but no longer}, as were many other books. This is one chapter, and a fairly easy read, but the author's observations are profound.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
The link you posted was to a woman in severe clothing talking about a book that details the FBI methodology for bugging a suspects home or business.
I skipped around on the video and it was just "boy they go to such crazy lengths to prepare for this".
Yeah. They do. Because they aren't breaking in willy-nilly to just anyone's house.
If they are breaking in with a team to plant bugs it's because they have a warrant to do so and you are a suspect in a serious crime or an ongoing criminal organization such that they need multiple recordings of your activity.
You seem to think that the FBI is doing this to random people off the street as if that made any sense whatsoever.
When the FBI is working a case against a crime syndicate or a terrorist group or whatever, they aren't going to get multiple shots at putting bugs in.
So, they make a plan. They practice. Then they do the job right the first time.
What's the issue?
Oh, right. I remember, you want a society without laws at all.
No, they don't need warrants anymore. Remember the PATRIOT Act? It is called "Sneak & Peek". You should really look into this, and if it helps, this practice began under Bush.

I guess you didn't know that as a Veteran, I am considered a potential Homegrown Terrorist {as are all Veterans}, and this has been since 2010, about the same time that the IRS began oppressing conservative and TEA Party organizations.

Trust must be earned, not given, and NEVER blindly given. You should really look into some of this stuff and do the homework for yourself. Things are not as you believe them to be.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Techniquely you are correct, the Patriot Act does give Federal Agents the authority to come into your home , when you aren't there, look through everything you have, including your computer, put everything back exactly like you had it, and supposedly you would never know they were there...and do it all without a Warrant.

But, think about how difficult, if not downright impossible, that would be to do, unless one lived in an isolated area, without somebody seeing them and telling the Person that they did it to.

There's no way, as far as I can see. Everybody has a Street or Road that accesses their Home in Rural areas and Strange vehicles are noticed, even in the most isolated areas, if not particularly in isolated areas.

In Urban areas, there are Neighbors close by and the Agents would definitely be seen and noticed, even if they were disguised as one of the Locals in their dress and demeanor, because everybody knows everybody on sight, if not by Name.

So, even though they have the authority to do it, I suspect they rarely do and only then, with very good reason or suspicion.
It was meant to be used for suspected Terrorists, both Foreign and Domestic.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Techniquely you are correct, the Patriot Act does give Federal Agents the authority to come into your home , when you aren't there, look through everything you have, including your computer, put everything back exactly like you had it, and supposedly you would never know they were there...and do it all without a Warrant.
But, think about how difficult, if not downright impossible, that would be to do, unless one lived in an isolated area, without somebody seeing them and telling the Person that they did it to.
There's no way, as far as I can see. Everybody has a Street or Road that accesses their Home in Rural areas and Strange vehicles are noticed, even in the most isolated areas, if not particularly in isolated areas.
In Urban areas, there are Neighbors close by and the Agents would definitely be seen and noticed, even if they were disguised as one of the Locals in their dress and demeanor, because everybody knows everybody on sight, if not by Name.
So, even though they have the authority to do it, I suspect they rarely do and only then, with very good reason or suspicion.
It was meant to be used for suspected Terrorists, both Foreign and Domestic.
"Sneak & Peek" provides that they can come in and trash your home and they are supposed to inform you, or present you with some form of warrant in a certain time frame, but they are not legally bound to this, and if they do inform you, you can't tell your spouse, lawyer, priest, press, or even the court.

They may not be exercising their authority to this degree yet, but it is bad enough that they now have it, and can utilize it whenever they wish.

I may be a conservative in some things, but I'm no republican {at least not like Lamar and Bobby}, and even when I still was I knew then I was being more loyal to the party than the party was to me. You could say, I got tired of being stupid, and a stooge. I'm no fan of the democrats either though in some ways I'm really quite liberal.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Actually, the Reports I read at the time of the passage of the Original Patriot Act, concerning this controversial part of it (and there were many), were that they could come in while you were gone and leave everything as though it had not been touched, so that you would never know they had been there...NOT "trash your stuff"...thus the term, "Sneak and Peek".
2cents

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

I don't think it would be that hard to take a "Sneak and Peek" in some places, I used to live in a large rich neighborhood in Tampa FL and most neighbors kept to themselves, the reason I think they could pull it off is because there were a lot of home robberies and the way they would pull it off was they would pull up to a garage with a large U-Hual in the middle of the afternoon and spend a few hours taking everything of value, for the twenty two years I lived there only once did someone get busted and not while it was going down.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

WTFC

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

2cents wrote:
I don't think it would be that hard to take a "Sneak and Peek" in some places, I used to live in a large rich neighborhood in Tampa FL and most neighbors kept to themselves, the reason I think they could pull it off is because there were a lot of home robberies and the way they would pull it off was they would pull up to a garage with a large U-Hual in the middle of the afternoon and spend a few hours taking everything of value, for the twenty two years I lived there only once did someone get busted and not while it was going down.
Somebody must have noticed it or you wouldn't know how the Burglars did it...Right?:)

Whether they reported it at the time, is debatable...but somebody had to notice it or Nobody would know how they did it. BTW, were they caught?
wren

Dayton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Grognak wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent people do not want their tax money spent to control people's choices about their own bodies. If a parent chooses to not vaccinate their children, it is not the govermnet's concern, nor should it be. It is not in the US govt's jurisdiction what precautions I take with my body. A government that can force it's hand with a human body of a free citizen, the rather short road to total civil rights collapse is not far behind. Many new vaccines are dangerous. The fear is founded.
Grognak, you are absolutely right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

While I agree with "Grognak's" above quoted post, in theory, if there is a danger of a Contagious Outbreak that endangers the Public as a whole, the Gov't. has an obligation to prevent that from happening, for the "Public Good", if it can.
2cents

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody must have noticed it or you wouldn't know how the Burglars did it...Right?:)
Whether they reported it at the time, is debatable...but somebody had to notice it or Nobody would know how they did it. BTW, were they caught?
The man who got caught was caught because he sold stolen goods to someone who ended up trying to pawn them. The guy who got caught pawning the items ratted out the guy who was robbing houses but he never ratted out the others and thefts kept happening. This was big news around the area for a long time and many homeowners meetings took place on this subject. Brinks home security made out big on this because everybody was buying security systems but after some time peoples homes were still being robbed even the ones that had security systems so many people believed that security installers were involved. It was going on for so long that it was pretty well pieced together but no one ever got caught in the act. Eventually the burglaries stopped and that was it, only that one guy ever got caught, if anything else happened I'm pretty sure we would of known because it was a pretty well to do neighborhood which had many well connected lawyers a judge a couple Tampa Bay Buccaneers, doctors, even the owner of Klondike Bars had a house there the list go's on I think you get my point, it was a pretty well connected neighborhood, unfortunately though most rich people at least around there weren't to friendly and the only times most neighbors ever interacted was at homeowners meetings, I think if it was a closer community they would of been caught.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

2cents wrote:
<quoted text>
The man who got caught was caught because he sold stolen goods to someone who ended up trying to pawn them. The guy who got caught pawning the items ratted out the guy who was robbing houses but he never ratted out the others and thefts kept happening. This was big news around the area for a long time and many homeowners meetings took place on this subject. Brinks home security made out big on this because everybody was buying security systems but after some time peoples homes were still being robbed even the ones that had security systems so many people believed that security installers were involved. It was going on for so long that it was pretty well pieced together but no one ever got caught in the act. Eventually the burglaries stopped and that was it, only that one guy ever got caught, if anything else happened I'm pretty sure we would of known because it was a pretty well to do neighborhood which had many well connected lawyers a judge a couple Tampa Bay Buccaneers, doctors, even the owner of Klondike Bars had a house there the list go's on I think you get my point, it was a pretty well connected neighborhood, unfortunately though most rich people at least around there weren't to friendly and the only times most neighbors ever interacted was at homeowners meetings, I think if it was a closer community they would of been caught.
Somebody drove up that street and passed that House and saw the U-Haul and maybe, even saw the stuff being carried out. But, from what you posted, they probably either didn't think anything about it, or they didn't care, if they didn't like the People.

This "I don't want to get involved" attitude only helps criminals get by with their crimes....and the next time it could be the Ones who didn't want to get involved.
2cents

Flag Pond, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Somebody drove up that street and passed that House and saw the U-Haul and maybe, even saw the stuff being carried out. But, from what you posted, they probably either didn't think anything about it, or they didn't care, if they didn't like the People.
This "I don't want to get involved" attitude only helps criminals get by with their crimes....and the next time it could be the Ones who didn't want to get involved.
I completely agree.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
http://xroads.virginia.edu/~Hyper/DETOC/ch4_0...
This book in two volumes was once High School required reading {but no longer}, as were many other books. This is one chapter, and a fairly easy read, but the author's observations are profound.
And his prediction, 150 years later, still has not come true.

Though I'm sure people like you have been claiming it is right around the corner from the moment he published.

We are freer now than we were under the robber barrens. Freer now than we were when Presidents were selected in smokefilled back rooms.

Is everything perfect? Of course not. However declaring failure in the face of clear and constant progress is a waste of time.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

No
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
And his prediction, 150 years later, still has not come true.
Though I'm sure people like you have been claiming it is right around the corner from the moment he published.
We are freer now than we were under the robber barrens. Freer now than we were when Presidents were selected in smokefilled back rooms.
Is everything perfect? Of course not. However declaring failure in the face of clear and constant progress is a waste of time.
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial is not a river in Egypt.
You are either a raving paranoid or something without a solid grasp of history.

You sound like the lunatics I'm dealing with on the evolution forums who claim that we are in the "End Times" and have been claiming that for 2,000 years.

This guy wrote about an America that was not yet 100 years old and was still deeply divided by the issue of slavery. He made predictions of its failure to the grandchildren of the people who had participated in the founding.

We're 150 years past that. His predictions of inevitable failure have seen a civil war, two world wars, the rise of America from an backwater aggricultural nation to a military superpower. His prediction has seen a president for life come and go without a dynasty, and a president abusing the power of office removed by the power of the press. They've seen a gay, a cripple and a black man all elected to the highest office - not to mention more than a few drug addicts.

If you're response is: "It could still come true", then don't bother. Yup. EVERY prediction is accurate if it you give it eternity in which to happen.

ONE DAY America will fall, as did Rome (after 1,000+ years). If Yellowstone erupts, we're done. If a massive meteor hits, we're done. If the Conservatives win and we poison the air and water beyond repair, we're done.

What is NOT going to destroy America is common sense laws about healthcare.

Your claims to the opposite is unfounded in reality.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a raving paranoid or something without a solid grasp of history.
You sound like the lunatics I'm dealing with on the evolution forums who claim that we are in the "End Times" and have been claiming that for 2,000 years.
This guy wrote about an America that was not yet 100 years old and was still deeply divided by the issue of slavery. He made predictions of its failure to the grandchildren of the people who had participated in the founding.
We're 150 years past that. His predictions of inevitable failure have seen a civil war, two world wars, the rise of America from an backwater aggricultural nation to a military superpower. His prediction has seen a president for life come and go without a dynasty, and a president abusing the power of office removed by the power of the press. They've seen a gay, a cripple and a black man all elected to the highest office - not to mention more than a few drug addicts.
If you're response is: "It could still come true", then don't bother. Yup. EVERY prediction is accurate if it you give it eternity in which to happen.
ONE DAY America will fall, as did Rome (after 1,000+ years). If Yellowstone erupts, we're done. If a massive meteor hits, we're done. If the Conservatives win and we poison the air and water beyond repair, we're done.
What is NOT going to destroy America is common sense laws about healthcare.
Your claims to the opposite is unfounded in reality.
Ain't you watching? We are in the End Times. Within 5 years you will see famine and pestilence on a global scale, though the Americas won't be hit nearly as hard as some other regions. These are the characteristics of the Fourth Horseman.

Okay, LOL seems you haven't been watching. The "Bio-Fuel Famine" has actually been going on for almost 8 years now, so that's a pretty easy call.

Nuggin, I have been reasonable with you, I've treated you with a lot more respect than you've treated me, and at every turn you've shown how irrational, judgmental, condemning, and prejudiced you are. The picture you have painted of yourself is one I would never put into words about anyone, even those who deserve no better. When the government you trust so blindly turns on you, and it will, you may then realize the chains of slavery you have chosen to shackle yourself with. I hope that when that day comes you will not have burned every bridge, but from the looks of things now I'd say you'll be looking at a vista of embers and smoke.

Valley Village, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't you watching? We are in the End Times. Within 5 years you will see famine and pestilence on a global scale, though the Americas won't be hit nearly as hard as some other regions. These are the characteristics of the Fourth Horseman.
Okay, LOL seems you haven't been watching. The "Bio-Fuel Famine" has actually been going on for almost 8 years now, so that's a pretty easy call.
Anyone who claims these are the "end times" has NO CONCEPT of the historical significance of the plagues of Europe or the Americas.

As for famine, we live in a time of ABUNDANT food. If we lost HALF the world food supply, we would still live in a time where food was FAR more abundant than any other time on the planet. There has _always_ been famine somewhere. There has _always_ been drought somewhere. There has _always_ been war somewhere. That's the nature of living everywhere on this planet.
Nuggin, I have been reasonable with you, I've treated you with a lot more respect than you've treated me, and at every turn you've shown how irrational, judgmental, condemning, and prejudiced you are.
Go back and re-read your posts. You've been condescending, pompous and worst of all wrong.

You think because you have taken your first baby steps beyond what is taught in schools that you have some grand grasp of the scope of history. You don't.

You're just being contrary because you have the desire to feel superior to people you consider intellectually inferior so, no matter what is taught, you take the opposite view.

I see this all the time on other forums. The "hollow Earth-ers", the "HIV doesn't cause AIDS-ers", the "Jews are responsible for 9/11-ers", and the "Civil War had nothing to do with slavery-ers".

Taking the opposite view from the majority doesn't make you smarter. You aren't privy to some grand conspiracy while the rest of the world remains blind.

If you print out these pages and put them in a drawer, ten years from now you'll read this garbage you wrote and be embarrassed at how foolish you sound.

Oh, wait, that's right. No one will be alive 10 years from now because Jesus will be back to kill all the non-believers.

That's what you looneys have been saying for 2000 years.
think

Old Fort, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Living close to Oak Ridge will get you before you run outta food

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,941 - 6,960 of8,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indian Mound Discussions

Search the Indian Mound Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 18 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 139,038
Will there be a new sheriff in town? (Oct '13) 13 hr Unknown 126
richardson/dew? Fri BackwoodsPrincess 3
Father, son in Erin charged with having inappro... Jul 10 Sarah Koths 3
Court Clerk Jul 10 BAM 5
road signs Jul 9 buddy 5
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 9 BOB 8,588
•••
•••
•••
Indian Mound Dating

more search filters

less search filters