johnj

Coventry, RI

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Don t waste your time... and don t expect to stop and use the restroom, they will call the local police on you and you ll get a fine mailed to you. Since when is it the local police s job to help collect a toilet fee?
I ll bet they regret not letting her use the bathroom after the article below hits the masses... BIG mistake.
See here:

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/woman-t...
Way2GoLisa

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Way to go Lisa! Nothing like creating nationwide by prees for the establishment you work at by attempting to bill someone $5 to use your restroom. And only being able to do so after have your 'main squeeze' over at your local Gestapo Dept. run the woman's car plates to track her down. No doubt your restaurant's food is as bad as your idea of good customer relations. How come you refused to take her $5 when she tried to pay you? How come you are too much of a chicken to let the media have your last name to publish if you think what you did was proper? How come you have decided to now suspend the $5 charge for using your restaurant's restrooms now that the news of your illegal action is all over the Internet? I hope you lose your job, the restaurant loses it's business license, and your Johnny Gestapo buddy gets a well-earned lengthy suspension without pay. That will give you both plenty of time think about your idiotic actions. By the way also thank you for your fine efforts in making Tennessee -- basically a nice state with decent people in it -- look like a it's inhabited by stupid rednecks in the national media. Hope you are really proud of yourself Lisa.
Savy Traveler

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Way2GoLisa wrote:
Way to go Lisa! Nothing like creating nationwide by prees for the establishment you work at by attempting to bill someone $5 to use your restroom. And only being able to do so after have your 'main squeeze' over at your local Gestapo Dept. run the woman's car plates to track her down. No doubt your restaurant's food is as bad as your idea of good customer relations. How come you refused to take her $5 when she tried to pay you? How come you are too much of a chicken to let the media have your last name to publish if you think what you did was proper? How come you have decided to now suspend the $5 charge for using your restaurant's restrooms now that the news of your illegal action is all over the Internet? I hope you lose your job, the restaurant loses it's business license, and your Johnny Gestapo buddy gets a well-earned lengthy suspension without pay. That will give you both plenty of time think about your idiotic actions. By the way also thank you for your fine efforts in making Tennessee -- basically a nice state with decent people in it -- look like a it's inhabited by stupid rednecks in the national media. Hope you are really proud of yourself Lisa.
I wonder what the owners of this place think if it was an employee that initiated all this nonsense? Seems that if they were at all concerned about the negative publicity, they would contact the national media and attempt some damage control. I also still think tax-paying residents of the county should question their sheriff's department about the deputy who ran the license plate and the legality of him doing so for this reason. I do agree with you, this did reflect badly on Erin, Tennessee and it's residents.
Savy Traveler

United States

#4 Mar 1, 2013
johnj wrote:
Don t waste your time... and don t expect to stop and use the restroom, they will call the local police on you and you ll get a fine mailed to you. Since when is it the local police s job to help collect a toilet fee?
I ll bet they regret not letting her use the bathroom after the article below hits the masses... BIG mistake.
See here:
http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/woman-t...
That was the clip I saw. I didn't hear the part that they had asked to interview one of the owners (the husband) and he refused. That speaks volumns about his character and his judgement in hiring employees (the note was signed "The Management" which I take to mean the manager AND owners). Wow, what a coward. Maybe he should rethink his decision to be a "business owner".
Jaye

Enfield, CT

#5 Mar 5, 2013
i can't believe some idiot called the cops on a non-paying bathroom stop. and the jackass sheriff tracked her down. What kind of hick town and sheriff's dept are they running here.
Supporter

Silver Lake, NH

#6 Jun 3, 2013
I support this restaurants decision 100 percent! Rest rooms are provided as a convenience for customers and are operated solely at the expense of business owner. It is unfortunate that policies like this have to be in place but if you have ever had to clean a bathroom after a disgusting mess was made by a complete stranger you would understand and respect this policy.

Since: Dec 14

Bowling Green, KY

#7 Dec 17, 2014
Savy Traveler wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the clip I saw. I didn't hear the part that they had asked to interview one of the owners (the husband) and he refused. That speaks volumns about his character and his judgement in hiring employees (the note was signed "The Management" which I take to mean the manager AND owners). Wow, what a coward. Maybe he should rethink his decision to be a "business owner".
Baby daddy, not husband.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indian Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FB update 2 hr Baffled 1
cheating men in Houston cty 4 hr You suck 1
The Flood Zone Restaurant (Feb '13) 8 hr You suck 19
Ambulance and hospital Tue Tell it like it is 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) May 9 Politricks 300
Convert H.265 Movie from Samsung NX1 to H.265/HEVC May 6 hanskobe 5
looking (Apr '13) Oct '14 jacob 2
More from around the web

Indian Mound People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]