|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Views From the High Stool wrote:
<quoted text>Resident: Why is it that this administration, as well as their supporters, keep blaming previous administrations for this administrations inability manage Lyons for the benefit of the taxpayers? Instead of focusing on your accomplishments, like putting up Christmas Lights(the green ones were pretty)and bringing the Circus to town, you keep wanting to blame administrations from four years or more prior. Buckle up Buttercup!! That ship has sailed!!!!
maybe we should just forget how tlc/mvp/vip destroyed lyons financially so we can make the same mistakes again and elect the same idiots although they now go by a different name. nope all lyons villagers need to remember what they did to US and make sure they never make decisions for us again.i was at the meetings where they gave their friends unimaginable contracts, that we later had to buy off and pay out. its going to take time to recover but working together we will overcome.
resident

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

She back wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy wasn't the one who:
went full speed ahead and borrowed $2.95M dollars (on top of the $2.7M his predecessors stuck us with)for a TIF (that would be TIF 4) with only a few vacant lots and a Culver's (and with average incremental taxes coming in of less than $12,000 per year)and made sure that that debt would be General Obligation - meaning payable from our property taxes;
whose regime - oops, I mean administration - couldn't quite keep up with those pesky statutory requirements, like filing financial reports...annually, of all things, FOIA, Open Meetings Act;
relied on oh-so-private "bank loans" to keep his spending spree "under the radar" and exempt from prying eyes of taxpayers and regulatory agencies...and oh, yeah, investors...
still keeps on keeping on billing us on our water bills for debt retired - or supposed to be retired - last year;
silently added on additional General Fund "administration fees" to the water and garbage fund administration costs already assessed by the General Fund..this would be at the suggestion made back in June 2009 by our Finance Director (but only since May 2011) and all around Financial Wizard, in order to create additional revenue to pay for (then) current and (in 2009) proposed debt. This on top of a rate increase.
Need more? Because there's lots!
BTW, he is NOT "OUR" mayor...he is currently the Village President. Whether he gets another term remains to be seen...and lots can happen between now and April 9th.
i am anxious to see vip contributers please post info.
She back

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we should just forget how tlc/mvp/vip destroyed lyons financially so we can make the same mistakes again and elect the same idiots although they now go by a different name. nope all lyons villagers need to remember what they did to US and make sure they never make decisions for us again.i was at the meetings where they gave their friends unimaginable contracts, that we later had to buy off and pay out. its going to take time to recover but working together we will overcome.
Sorry, but first we the taxpayers are going to have to recover from ucp. I'd ask for examples of those contracts so I could compare them to the current crop...but I'm pondering your recovery statement. Recovery is not about just tacking on additional fees to water and garbage bills to pay off unrelated debt, nor is it increasing fees and raising municipal utility taxes to their maximums...recovery is also not about playing musical dollars with debt. It is about finding the root cause(s) for VOL financial disfunction...disfunction which appears to span numerous administrations, including the present one.

I could ask you to define "destroyed financially"...Would you mean something like exceeding our Legal Debt Limit? Because the current administration owns that one, with the issuance of $9M in debt in 2010.(Even though the 2010 audit tries to clumsily cover it up by inflating EAV, in an official document, no less). Not meeting financial reporting requirements? Ditto for this regime.

But not to worry, true believers...Very soon, our Finance Wiz will complete the deal that transforms debt limit applicable GO bonds and debt certificates into Alt Revenue bonds that don't count toward the limit. And, coincidentally, pave the way for VOL to issue another $10M of debt or so.

Just think, someday we here in Lyons could grow up to be Bridgeview.
Man B

Lyons, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Lady A wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah...real cute and adult like.....grow up
Really!? Who is the one that made that comment about Pattie!!?
WTH

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Wow President - I mean Mayor - Getty is really the man of the century. He does SO much for our military...as long as it doesn't require any actual effort on his part.

"Mayor Getty opened and dedicated Veterans Park to the Armed Forces in 2012 and also actively participates in annual Memorial and Veterans Day ceremonies held by the Village."

What about the boxes of "goodies" someone was actually sending to our troops? Why didn't he include "Mayor Getty used his power to stop a political enemy from sending relief to our troops."
She back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, but Getty had nothing to do with that...

Years ago during President Vachata's term, a civil engineer inspected Davidowski Hall and wrote up a report stating his finding that it was unsafe for occupancy. Repairs were never undertaken to make it safe, and that report was buried and pretty much forgotten. The Hall remained in use and eventually the veteran's service group you mention was given exclusive use while Visk was Village President. The report resurfaced when the Board of Elections requested to use the Hall as a polling place. Once the report was back in play (and yes, Getty was now Village President) the Village had no choice but to shut the Hall down pending repairs/reinspection or jeopardize insurance coverage for the Village as a whole as well as incur liability if anything went wrong and someone was injured.

Just another example of this Village failing to conduct due diligence - regardless of which group is in power. And this would be a failing of the Village Managers involved, just as much as of the elected officials.
She back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Has VOL hired any newly-returned veterans since 2009?
Troops

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

She back wrote:
Sorry, but Getty had nothing to do with that...
Years ago during President Vachata's term, a civil engineer inspected Davidowski Hall and wrote up a report stating his finding that it was unsafe for occupancy. Repairs were never undertaken to make it safe, and that report was buried and pretty much forgotten. The Hall remained in use and eventually the veteran's service group you mention was given exclusive use while Visk was Village President. The report resurfaced when the Board of Elections requested to use the Hall as a polling place. Once the report was back in play (and yes, Getty was now Village President) the Village had no choice but to shut the Hall down pending repairs/reinspection or jeopardize insurance coverage for the Village as a whole as well as incur liability if anything went wrong and someone was injured.
Just another example of this Village failing to conduct due diligence - regardless of which group is in power. And this would be a failing of the Village Managers involved, just as much as of the elected officials.
now tell the whole story, in full.

But, if you do that, that would place a big cloud over the very
person you want to be the next Mayor of town.

You are a genius with numbers, a wizard with the English language,
but you have nicely omitted the real facts surrounding this issue.

No one knows it better than you !!!!!
She back

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Troops, since you know the story so well, why don't you tell it? Don't forget the Village Manager who led the insurance company down the primrose path...never mentioning that Davidowski Hall had been deemed unsafe for occupancy...nor the Village President - NOT Visk - who refused to act to protect the Village because it was not politically expedient. Seems to me NO ONE had clean hands in that instance.

But at least, that NFP did have federal Exempt Organization and 501(c)3 status, unlike another not-so NFP partnering with our village.
Troops

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

She back wrote:
Troops, since you know the story so well, why don't you tell it? Don't forget the Village Manager who led the insurance company down the primrose path...never mentioning that Davidowski Hall had been deemed unsafe for occupancy...nor the Village President - NOT Visk - who refused to act to protect the Village because it was not politically expedient. Seems to me NO ONE had clean hands in that instance.
But at least, that NFP did have federal Exempt Organization and 501(c)3 status, unlike another not-so NFP partnering with our village.
You care about the most bizarre things imaginable. 501c3 status, really? Now I know why Pattie calls you She Crazy and not She Back!
She back

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, Troops, imagine ANYONE caring that an organization that calls itself a NFP AND reminds potential contributors that their donations are tax-deductable should have 501(c)3 status, right?

Who cares about that pesky old IRS anyway, right?
Only crazy people - in your mind - I guess...Those dumb contributors: they got it coming, right, if they didn't check things out before writing a check? Oh, wait a bit...that's due diligence. How bizarre that anyone would do that...they MUST be crazy.
wondering

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

She back wrote:
Yeah, Troops, imagine ANYONE caring that an organization that calls itself a NFP AND reminds potential contributors that their donations are tax-deductable should have 501(c)3 status, right?
Who cares about that pesky old IRS anyway, right?
Only crazy people - in your mind - I guess...Those dumb contributors: they got it coming, right, if they didn't check things out before writing a check? Oh, wait a bit...that's due diligence. How bizarre that anyone would do that...they MUST be crazy.
who was the Village Manager you mentioned in your post?
WTH

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

If Davidowski Hall is unsafe for occupancy how can we be holding recreation programs there? Isn't that a huge liability for the Village? Not sure how far tort immunity would go if the Village officials are aware of the unsafe conditions.
Somone

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

WTH wrote:
If Davidowski Hall is unsafe for occupancy how can we be holding recreation programs there? Isn't that a huge liability for the Village? Not sure how far tort immunity would go if the Village officials are aware of the unsafe conditions.
http://www.rblandmark.com/News/Articles/6-30-...

This lady has since passed away !
Here is More

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

answer wrote:
<quoted text>
if you were at a couple of meetings, how can you say that they
never ever showed up. How many meetings were canceled. We all know
that P.W. controlled every thing that went on in the Village...
car show..4th July....Civil War at Community center..Stars and Stripes...West Suburban Chamber of Commerce..( a lot of money out
on that one)...Music under the Stars...xmas parties...please it goes on and on, think you know it too!!
She even got her face on TV..talking about Stars and Stripes...only
a couple of trustee were privy to that...now you tell me something
I don't know..please, I welcome the news !
History does repeat itself!
Strange Change

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Elizabeth Swann wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the information you are requesting is contained in the ordinances passed by the Village Board Wednesday night. The hourly rate for the salaries mentioned when the contents of same was summarized for the public before the vote and during the meeting were much less any way you slice it than the >$1000/month the Village Treasurer's reports states were paid to Tammy W. for taping a single Village Board meeting each month and updating Channel 6 weekly back in the days of the old Village Hall.
flip flop
Answers

Forest Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Elizabeth Swann wrote:
Yesterday I received - in my mailbox, with no postage - MVP campaign materials. Today I will address one statement - "United Citizen Party Officials voted against our troops fighting in harms way be not approving Operation Stars and Stripes continued use of our vacant recreation hall". 1. They were allowed in through a behind the scenes deal -0 if not, please show me the minutes of the meeting which detail the resolution or ordinance and vote.(Not how business is done, kiddies.)2. At that time, a licensed engineer had inspected Davidowski Hall and found it to be unsafe for any occupoancy, which PK obviously knew, since she was on the Board at the time the report was issued. 3. When the CC Board of elections sought to use the rec center as a polling place, SOMEONE took that report to them. 4. A Resolution was introduced to allow S&S to use the rec hall free of charge, supposedly at the request of our insurance company. 5. I FOIA'd the engineering report and faxed it with the aforesaid resolution to the insurance carrier.(They thanked me.)6. The building was no longer covered, and therefore could no longer be used for any purpose until the structural deficiencies were addressed.
NOW, could neglecting to inform your insurance carrier, as Mr. Witherow allegedly did, that a building you were having them insure was structurally unsafe, be interpreted as possible fraud? And could this have voided all of the Village's coverage? Just remeber, once that report was delivered by a member of the MVP to the election board downtown, it was discoverable by FOIA from them. But UCP had nothing to do with the loss of the building's insurance.One wonders, though, why TLC didn't fix the problems.
In the archives !
She back

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I believe some repairs were completed on Davidowski Hall and it was re-inspected. One also wonders why Vachata didn't repair the Hall, since the structural problems were uncovered while she was Village President. So, obviously, there is enough blame to go around over past and current administrations for failing to act as good stewards of the Village. Too bad both sets of Village attorneys seem to have looked the other way and failed to inform all of the Village Boards of their responsibilities to the Village.

Believe it or not, a municipality here in Illinois is limited in the amount of resources or support it gives to a non-for-profit, mostly in that there are only certain purposes deemed legitimate to receive unqualified support: among them, services and support for seniors, at risk youth and the indigent. Unfortunately, until the law changes, service organizations for veterans and active duty military - especially if they are not limited to individuals from the muni involved - are not included, no matter how worthy.

Nothing prevents a municipality from actively seeking to employ returning veterans, whenever possible. Something definitely to be considered, when employment opportunities with the Village become available.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indian Head Park Discussions

Search the Indian Head Park Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 15 min Terry rigsby 49,000
AT &T robbery 17 min Perry Mason 20
Chicago Ridge Village Board 2015 1 hr No Way 33
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr newpoly 1,867
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr nono 3,842
Why do crackheads live in trailer parks? 11 hr Just Curious 1
Oak Lawn fire chief to also run Chicago Ridge FD 11 hr Nice Guns 40
•••
•••
•••
•••

Indian Head Park Jobs

•••