Very disappointed

Galax, VA

#22 Jan 14, 2013
So I was there on Friday night and sat in the back dinning area. Service was terrible the servers are to worried about what everyone else is doing that they couldn't do their job. The seafood buffet was very upsetting nothing on it that I couldn't fix for cheap at home. Never coming back
was i a bother

Galax, VA

#23 Jan 23, 2013
while visiting from out of town my wife and i tried your restaurant and was very disappointed. your restaurant is beautiful and the food was okay but some of the servers are terrible. as a restaurant manager myself i would never let my servers act the way some of these servers was acting. please get some training for some of your servers. i say some because i watched the other servers and they were great. to the restaurant owner you should never have a server fussing about how many tables they are getting because when customers hear that we feel as if we are a bother to them....will be back in a month or so to visit again and i will try it one more time hope there is some improvement in some of the servers performance especially if they wait on me again this was from a visit on Saturday janurary 26th
Charles Manson

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jan 23, 2013
Hector Murcielago wrote:
El Cerdito es nice restaurante
It is full of Spanish Quior bois.
Charles Manson

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Jan 23, 2013
Very disappointed wrote:
So I was there on Friday night and sat in the back dinning area. Service was terrible the servers are to worried about what everyone else is doing that they couldn't do their job. The seafood buffet was very upsetting nothing on it that I couldn't fix for cheap at home. Never coming back
I was disappointed with your momma too.
what a joke

Galax, VA

#26 Feb 3, 2013
beautiful place, nasty food, great service.....is all you can really say about this place
Hmmm

Warner Robins, GA

#27 Feb 14, 2013
You guys got me afraid to eat there; don't want to take the chance of getting food posion let alone getting it so far from home. But the comments got me curious about wanting to go watch the entertainment of the Hills brothers and the staff. Next time I come up to visit my cuz's I am going stop by, with my Mom, and see what these Hill Brothers are up too.
shirley reid

Warner Robins, GA

#28 Feb 15, 2013
GUS SHOULD FIRE EVER ONE OF YOU.. AS FOR THE FOOD..DON,T THE H ealth department come in and inspect PORKY,S EACH MONTH..WHERE I LIVE THEY DO..AND THEY PUT UP ON THE WALL WHERE EVERYONE CAN SEE IF IT a lot rating UNDER 75..I AM NOT EATING THERE. SO YOU SEE IF THE FOOD IS AS YOU SAY COLD AND NOT FIT TO EAT..THEY WOULD SHUT THEM DOWN ALL YOU GUYS ARE MAD , SO YOU ARE DOWN GRADING EVER ONE..shame on you all.get a life
I was there

Galax, VA

#29 Feb 26, 2013
I was there to eat this past weekend. Service was amazing she was so friendly and did her job very well. After reading the comments on the food I chose to only get the salad bar salad was great but the soup was a joke. Please get some real soup in there and stop throwing all of your leftovers in a pot and calling it soup
Ken

United States

#30 Mar 4, 2013
Me and my wife just ate breakfast there and it was the last 20 buxom they will see from me...horrible!!!!
Ken

United States

#31 Mar 4, 2013
Bux. Lol
Angie

United States

#32 Mar 7, 2013
I ate dinner at porky's this evening. I know it was my last. I was given it a third and final chance but I will not go back anymore. The waitress was nice and helpful and done her job properly as should be done. Food on the bar was not at temps. Chicken was cold and dried out. Rolls brought to the table cold and hard like they had laid out all day. Green beans straight out of the can with what appeared to be vegetable oil floating on top. Meatloaf was horrible under done all you could taste was bread crumbs no texture at all. Salad bar looked okay. Brown gravy was so thick and lumpy turned your stomach looking at it. Steaks had laid in water and was tough and tasteless. Ribs was way under cooked. Corn dried out. Cornbread to hard to cut with knife. I sent more food back than I consumed which is bad. I'm not sure who's old or new but to me the food and quality of the food is the same as the old steak house. I wish them all the best but does not look good for a long term business. Sad because it has the potential with the right cooks could boom. It ends up costing a little over 13 dollars for a dinner buffet and drink which people would not mind paying if they could enjoy the meal.
dennis adams

United States

#33 Mar 17, 2013
wife and i have been about 4 times from n c mts 10 miles fromm porkys we have eaten 4 times thier so far beef tips were pretty good good service every time but here it comes went this week march 2013 beef tipps were bad a funny taste the rolls cold and baked potatoe half cooked told the watress she toook it back brought out another 2 plates of same it was just as bad wife started to get sick feeling watress was nice charched for one of the nasty mess i paid for a bad 2 plates we did not eat the manager would not even discuss the problem wewnt to the batroom heard one person say i dont give a damn if they eat hear or not my wife and i will never be back
Donna Adams

United States

#34 Mar 17, 2013
Irst of all I am Dennis's wife.. So let me get the story straight... Yes we did go to Porky's to eat, And yes the beef tips were spoiled, and yes they brought me some more which were spoiled also, the rolls were cold and not cooked completely through. My baked potato was very good. We were only charged for the plate that Dennis got. they did not charge me for nothing that I had. and Dennis did not even go to the bathroom so there fore he did not hear anyone say anything at all.. That's the real story... The truth will set you free!!member that before you comment on anything! Now go to Porky's and see for yourself...
Not coming back

Washington, DC

#35 Mar 19, 2013
Does the owner even know what goes on in this place? My family and I came in to eat and will never be back. My service was great the food was terrible but what was really a turn off for us was listening to another server talk about her bad luck with the cops. Not a good image to give your customers.
Private

Farmville, VA

#36 Mar 28, 2013
Well, guess we'll find another place to eat breakfast in the morning. Was gonna try the new joint, but not after reading this! Thanks for the facts guys!
local yocal

United States

#37 Apr 15, 2013
Every thing said on here from post one to thirty five is the cold hard truth!!! This place is the biggest sham of a restaurant. They should not even call it a restaurant. Should call it a tax cover up ho house. Sad but true.
How I C IT

Wytheville, VA

#38 Apr 30, 2013
NASTY NASTY NASTY...And as far as service...I bout come unglued on the lady that waited on me. She was huffy and short with my whole family. This place gets a 1 out of 10 two thumbs down and two middle fingers up. Get real food and real service and maybe these comments will change
never coming back

Palmyra, VA

#39 May 22, 2013
Who in the world is in charge of this place? i was there on Saturday for lunch and i don't mind paying 10.99 per person to eat plus the cost of drinks if it is worth it. Really? the food was nasty, the service was great. Please get someone in there that knows what they are doing and can help out the cooks. I cant say the food from the kitchen was any better because my daughter ordered out of the kitchen and her steak was so fatty and tough she could not even eat it. Great service though. I feel for all the employees that have to work in that place. I will never be back and i will continue to let all my friends and family know not to come there and just how bad everything was.
never coming back

Charlottesville, VA

#40 Jul 24, 2013
i was in there on Tuesday 7/23/2013 and i have to say never again. the server never brought me a refile i had to ask for my check and the other lady told me i am sorry she is new. no excuse....did you train her......it is sad that i chose this establishment to spend my money at when i could have went to mcdonalds a lot cheaper only to be treated by the server as if she could care less that i was there........please get some better servers in there before all your business leaves
what a joke

Charlottesville, VA

#41 Jul 24, 2013
i have been in this establishment plenty of times...and let me tell you....all i can say is it is becoming a joke...you have employees cussing at other employees in front of customers over a glass and over shoes....not professional...you have servers who dont want to wait on customers while other servers are picking up the slack.i have seen employees being rude to management and seen management be rude to employees.......i have seen servers in there working as hard and as fast as they could go and the male manager come up and want them to do something else or fuss at them.....please get some real people in your restaurant ordering food from the kitchen is really a waste of your time you will get a steak with no season or its burnt or you will have to wait for over 30 minutes for a sandwich......please owners do the right thing and get some good help in there ....not saying that all employees are bad in there but i am saying cleaning house would help your business a lot

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much snow? Nov 26 Joy Mack 2
is Vicky boyd really a man in drag (Jun '14) Nov '14 sad 7
Address for the old Elk Creek School (Jul '13) Nov '14 been there done that 2
tiffany blevins Oct '14 josh 1
a oeTo Catch the Allensa set for weekend perfor... Sep '14 anjaniamt 1
life center of galax Aug '14 curiousNC 1
Virginia music legend Ralph Stanley is still si... (Feb '12) Aug '14 Prince Harming 43
Independence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Independence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Independence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Independence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:46 pm PST