First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Grandson - Car Towed

Montesano, WA

#22 Dec 26, 2012
My nomination for Scooge and Grinch for this Year is
BALES & BRADY TOWING.
My #3 Grandson, 19 yrs old, just got laid off from his job and going to college. He needs a car to look for work and go to school. He ran out of gas and less than 24 hrs. later, his car was towed by this company. The driver said it would cost nearly $500 to get his car back (a 1988). Both his dad and I called and pleaded with him to reduce this amount as the car is not worth the amount of the charges. It was Christmas Eve so TRIED to appeal to the spirit of the season and good will. He would not budge. He said the kid could come with the title to the office Monday - in the mean time storage charges are now being incurred. There is no way he can afford any of this and I tried to negotiate that I would pay for half but he would not budge. And to top it off he also would not allow my grandson to retrieve the Christmas gifts he had gotten for family and his girlfriend. I agree with the other posts here - Do NOT do business with these people - BUT we didn't have a choice - WHY DO THE POLICE ALLOW THESE CROOKS TO KEEP RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. I don't intend to stop here - I am going to check into all their licenses, insurance and anything else I can find out about them. I intend to write to all the agencies that they do business with and find out why they continue to do business with them. This company is a detriment to the public. It may be just another $500 to them but to my grandson it was a means for him to find work and get to school. He ran out of gas because he had no money but was going to try to help out a friend.(I had a motorhome towed and was charged $260 by a different tow co.- so almost $500 for a car is ridiculous.) I am on Social Security so I don't have an extra $500 right now and if I did I'm not sure I would want to give it to these crooks. BUT I have plenty of time and I know how to write letters, make phone calls and investigate these guys further. They shouldn't mess with a grandma's grandkids. This happened in Canby, OR and they have a listing as being in Woodburn but no address just a phone number so beware because these people are operating in numerous counties. If any one has more information that might help in my investigation of these creeps please e-mail me at [email protected]
Mike

Salem, OR

#23 Jan 19, 2013
Thieves!! That's all you can say about this company. We parked where we shouldn't have-didn't know till after or would have never parked there. Employee was a jerk! Kicked my wife out of the office. My bill was 297 I gave the guy 3 one hundred dollar bills and he wouldn't accept it because it was not "exact" change. He only did this so I would have to back to ATM and he could charge me additional storage fee, luckily I had correct change. I've owned a business in this area for 36 years and I can't believe that places like this can exist! This is not the end of this for me!!
Mark

Salem, OR

#24 Jan 29, 2013
Yes they are absolutely crooks. On January 25, 2013 After having a car Accident between McMinnville and Salem. Bales and Brady towed the car At a price of the over $1400 before Charges to get the car out Charge 275 an hour for the winching An hour minimum even if it takes two minutes $275 an hour to clean up the side even if it takes a minute. They are absolutely crooks
Taylor

Salem, OR

#25 May 27, 2013
My mom's car was stolen Thursday night. She didn't know that it had been stolen until the next morning. As soon as she realized it was gone she called the police to report it only to find out that it had already been found and impounded by Bales & Brady. The car was stolen in the middle of the night and towed for being parked in an apartment complex in someone's spot at around 8am . My mom didn't report it till 9am and now Bales & Brady are accusing my mother of parking it there and lying about it. My mom lives in Keizer and the car was found on Chemeketa loop. Why the hell would she park her car there!? They are refusing to give my mother her car back with out paying the tow fees. I have spoken with a Lawyer and what they are doing is illegal! Regardless of when the car was reported stolen it was still stolen! They are a bunch of lowlifes just trying to take peoples money! My grandmothers ashes were in that car and we have no idea if they still are or if anything is still in the car cause they wil not let my mother look without giving them the key to the car, I will be going down there with my lawyer and the local news!
Edward

Salem, OR

#26 May 31, 2013
joe wrote:
as you notice all these tows are impound tows where if the dumb asses would park where there supose to and not in the wrong area they wouldent be towed its there own falt ive called these guys for a tow and there one of the cheapest in town and do a very good job so shut up and park in the right spot its only ur falt when you get towed stop blaming them idiots
Joe you probably work for these jerks
David Wendell

Stayton, OR

#27 Apr 1, 2014
My son in law's car was stolen in Salem. Police found it in Salem. Bales and Brady towed it to their yard. Cost to release car -$500 !! Refused to say how may miles it was towed or where police found it. They were incredibly rude. Evil people. Hope he takes them to court.
sundance

Independence, OR

#29 May 13, 2015
all employee's we dealt with were very rude, seemed to be a job requirement. will not give you straight answers or a copy of the charges that of course are exaggerated. Legal crooks according to Salem legislators'. Don't do business here if you expect professionalism or honesty
unbelievable

Antioch, CA

#30 Aug 24, 2015
Same here they are all jerks!!! I couldnt believe how rude they are. The owner actually wanted me to hit him. What a clown...do not ever deal with these crooks.
ADD

Portland, OR

#31 May 4, 2016
I had the worst experience with with company!!! They are a bunch of crooks that exaggerate prices and get away with it!!! Tell everyone you can to stay away from them!!!! Get the word out to everyone who doesn't know including the people that have their signs!!! We can make a difference and stop this from happening to others!!!
Same thing happened

Portland, OR

#32 May 7, 2016
Taylor wrote:
My mom's car was stolen Thursday night. She didn't know that it had been stolen until the next morning. As soon as she realized it was gone she called the police to report it only to find out that it had already been found and impounded by Bales & Brady. The car was stolen in the middle of the night and towed for being parked in an apartment complex in someone's spot at around 8am . My mom didn't report it till 9am and now Bales & Brady are accusing my mother of parking it there and lying about it. My mom lives in Keizer and the car was found on Chemeketa loop. Why the hell would she park her car there!? They are refusing to give my mother her car back with out paying the tow fees. I have spoken with a Lawyer and what they are doing is illegal! Regardless of when the car was reported stolen it was still stolen! They are a bunch of lowlifes just trying to take peoples money! My grandmothers ashes were in that car and we have no idea if they still are or if anything is still in the car cause they wil not let my mother look without giving them the key to the car, I will be going down there with my lawyer and the local news!
Same situation happened to me, my car was stolen and they are the ones to retrieve it in an apartment complex, seems to be a pattern. They are the only ones to profit by this, I am thinking there is a link to cars being stolen and them finding it. I would like to know the statistics on how many cars are stolen and how many in up in their impound...
Los Angeles, CA

#33 Feb 4, 2017
Someone give,them message, all they have done by ripping people off their family will pay the price

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WATCHTOWER CULT Given $81,000 By CITY of SALEM (May '12) Sep 5 circuspeanut 5
boy or man (Jun '12) Sep 5 circuspeanut 2
Pay Attention One More Time (Jun '15) Jul '17 Steven-Mercy inco... 118
PA: In addition... Jul '17 Steven-Mercy inco... 5
Kenny Gibson Jun '17 merril 2
News Rule gives Oregonians non-gender option on driv... Jun '17 Wondering 1
Is Jack Black in town ? (Jan '17) May '17 Sam Hitzkaber 2

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance