Review: Bales & Brady Towing & Crane

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dina

Portland, OR

#1 Oct 15, 2008
Bales and Brady towing company are criminals. I was out of town on a 3 day training and went to visit a friend for an hour and parked in the wrong spot and was impounded, My purse was in the trunk and the towing man would not release it from me so I could show proof the car was mine and could pay. My husband had to drive and hour and a half and bring the title (which he thought to bring on his own thank God since the tow man requested it when he arrived) Thank God we are both on the title!The man asked for cash as well. Hmmmm....Skimming off the top maybe?we are taking them to small claims court for holding my purse and other personal items. You'd have thought I committed a horrid crime the way they treated me.In truth they are the criminals to treat people like this!
Mary

Salem, OR

#2 Oct 27, 2009
Couldn't agree more with posting above! They should be considered criminals! I'm sure they are only still in business because of the city and county police giving them all the towing business at accidents/impounds, etc. Horrible attitudes and willing to rip you off for every penny possible! If you need a good, honest, decent towing service for breakdowns, call BC Towing in Salem. I use them for my own cars and for the business I work for. Always polite and HONEST, not like Bales and Brady......legalized crooks! City and County police should be ashamed for giving them the contract rights! What a rip-off!
Amy

Sublimity, OR

#3 Oct 27, 2009
This 'company' is rude and shady, adding any extra fee they can think of to make money. My husband parked in a lot marked with confusing parking signs, leading him to believe he could park at that location until 5 pm. He was having a root canal when he saw his pickup being hooked up. The driver offered to drop the pickup for $160 cash, which my husband was going to do to keep it from being towed, but then he wouldn't let him go get the money as he didn't have that large of an amount in cash on him at the time. They ended up charging us extra mileage fees because my husband called the police and they had to bring the pickup back to the scene and then they added an 'extra man' charge because the owner went down there to talk to the police. They also charged a $100 'storage fee' even though the pickup was only on the lot for 1 hour while my husband got a ride and went to the bank. The total cost for the tow:$570!!! Stay away from this company!!
David

Salem, OR

#4 Apr 15, 2010
Bales and Brady are crooks. There should be regulations for what tow companies can charge. Highway robbery! Oh, yes, they are very rude. I called and they hung up on me, pretended like they could not hear me. Their fee for a 3-mile tow was over $250. One would think that the state and or county would not want to do business with a company with this type of reputation.

“I'M GONNA SAY IT ANYWAY!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#5 Apr 16, 2010
BEWARE BALES AND BRADY AND DENTAL'S TOWING.....BOTH ARE HORRID!!!!!!! TOTAL RIP-OFF ARTISTS, IN MY OPINION!!!

Drop fee:$160
Storage fee:$100
Seeing these 2 companies get theirs: PRICELESS!!!

....I'm praying for their demise.......basturds!!!
ron salem

United States

#6 May 24, 2010
bales and brady are angles compared to b c towing they must bribe the city of salem to tow for them 567.00 officer said i need to use b c towing bales brady 55.00 for retow they are ok in my book.
Not Ok

United States

#7 May 30, 2010
ron salem wrote:
bales and brady are angles compared to b c towing they must bribe the city of salem to tow for them 567.00 officer said i need to use b c towing bales brady 55.00 for retow they are ok in my book.
That's only the price if you call them for a Tow. They are crooks too, they cruise my apartment lot every night looking for a victim, our friends and relatives can't even utilize our own parking spot because you have to have a sticker on the windshield of your car. My husbands co-worker gave him a ride home, parked in our spot and came in to visit for less than 15 minutes, they would not even let him get his belongings from the car, it cost $260 to get it back the next morning. This is legalized extortion, the city of salem supports all of these "gangster type towing companies" and I definately would not be surprised to hear that they get a cut of the profits.

“I'M GONNA SAY IT ANYWAY!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 May 31, 2010
ron sucks!!!!!!
Concerned

United States

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Don't ever buy any cars or parts from these guys and don't ever have them tow for you. They belong in jail. They have already been sited on many occassions for illegal predatory towing. Just type in a google search "bales and brady. Nothing good to be said about these guys. In our case they were towing my sons $5000 car from the parking lot it was parked in. After asking what he needed to pay him to keep him from towing the car he said something like $166. My son asked him to wait and went in the apartment to get the money and when he came back the tow truck driver had already pulled out into the street with car in tow. He tried to stop the tow truck driver to pay him but the tow truck driver didn't want any part of that. By law, he is suppose to give back the car and unload it if we agree to pay him the money on the spot. This law was voted in by the senate in 2009. Anyway he proceeded to throw his business card out the window. The exchange of words was not pleasant with threats and vulgarity. The tow truck driver said specifically that he was going to f--- up my car. My son arived at their tow company 20 minutes before the driver got there with the car and the owner was worse than the guy that towed the car. They charged $400 to get the car and here's the great part. The engine that I just put in was knocking like a hammer and the custom exhaust was dangling on the ground.The door panels were yanked off and now I will have to spend $3000 on repairs. My guess is that he red lined the engine or put something in it. Model citizens huh? Put these guys out of business and blacklist them. Thanks for taking the time to read. Salem 22nd st. SE
joe

Salem, OR

#10 Jan 2, 2011
as you notice all these tows are impound tows where if the dumb asses would park where there supose to and not in the wrong area they wouldent be towed its there own falt ive called these guys for a tow and there one of the cheapest in town and do a very good job so shut up and park in the right spot its only ur falt when you get towed stop blaming them idiots

Since: Feb 10

United States

#11 Jan 2, 2011
Joe - you probably aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Naive no longer

Amity, OR

#12 Jan 7, 2011
Overpriced rude unnecessary towing. They charged me $50x2 just for two pieces of thick shop paper towels called haze mats - cause the radiator was leaking slightly- what a rip! The whole bill was $600plus. For being parked in a very large empty parking lot(while school was out)kids mistake(dead battery). The Keizer school district should not sic such scum sucking bottom feeders on naive students!
carrion

Salem, OR

#14 Mar 6, 2012
yeah we totally got ripped off along with others tonight we parked in a parking lot right behind borderlands downtown salem. while i talked to the towing guy he told me to call there number on the sign the guy on the phone i had to wait to get a call back from the towing guy... didn't i just talk to the towing guy? anywas...yeah 296$ later... we had to have an appointment to come get the car.... one witness said when he came out he saw the other tow truck across the street in an empty parking lot... as he drove to the parking lot that he started towing a car from.. there are about three signs in this parking lot that says permit parking only not even visible by all the exits and entrance's.... and then come to find out i get into my car to pull out of there lot.. go to start it and it's in neutral. hmm how is my locked car in neutral.? a locked car that has a electronic key to even turn it on .... and pushing in the brake doesn't unlock it if the car isn't on... asked the towing guy he said " i dont know we dont enter the cars"... asked another lady leaving there lot she said her car as well was in netural. i don't care about there prices i don't care that there a towing company but don't ruin people's life's and charge us money and be a crimal.
Tim

Salem, OR

#15 Apr 18, 2012
I would never use this company I've heard horrible stories about them and the way they scam people by taking there cars at night and charging insane prices.It's unfortunate to have such a criminal business in town that violate innocent people. I heard they are under investigation and it will be a great day to get rid of this predator companies in town that take away from honest companies.
Angie

Salem, OR

#16 Apr 18, 2012
These guys are so slimy be warned
Angie

Salem, OR

#17 Apr 18, 2012
Joe it's obvious you work for this dishonest company who else would defend such a low life outfit unless they were employed by them duh?Cheap ya right they are three times more expensive then anyone else in town.I guess if you brown nose enough they might promote you to car jacker
joe wrote:
as you notice all these tows are impound tows where if the dumb asses would park where there supose to and not in the wrong area they wouldent be towed its there own falt ive called these guys for a tow and there one of the cheapest in town and do a very good job so shut up and park in the right spot its only ur falt when you get towed stop blaming them idiots
Louise

Salem, OR

#18 Apr 18, 2012
Don't ever deal with, horrible outfit rude and all they wanted was alot of money I'm taking my business elsewhere
Jimmy

Salem, OR

#19 Apr 18, 2012
I used to work for these guys they are corrupt and crooked I quit because of the imorality these guys have and they have no shame in ripping off their customers, they would laugh after they took their money and thought it was a big joke the owner is a old school con man they have had so many law suits.
Thompson

Salem, OR

#20 Apr 18, 2012
This Place looks like a chop shop. I had my car stolen out of my driveway and the Salem police department captured them within about 25 min.Anyway instead of returning the car back to me they had it towed to this dumpy outfit thanks alot Salem Police department for towing are nice cars to this dive.Anyway these jerks were rude on the phone and when I went to get my car out of there they looked surprised to see me so fast.The place looked and reminded me of a chop shop.Whoever helped me looked like they were addicted to Oxycoton slow and dumb.When I went to get my car out of the back they acted weired like they were caught stealing something.When I looked in my car it was trashed I still believe it was this convict looking outfit that went through my car not the car thieves, who ended up to be a couple of kids on a joy ride.I was so glad just to get my car out of this dump and these crooks charged my insurance company an insane price for a tow and 1 day parking.Anyway I made a complaint and I am not surprised about all the other comments about this company I am reading.Don't ever deal with this dive
Gordon

Arbil, Iraq

#21 Oct 20, 2012
Worked for this company several years ago and trust me they are as corrupt and dishonest as has been stated. It has always been a company policy to run up bills with exaggerated mileage and to try and get the vehicle to the secure lot so storage can be added you will also get charged for afterhours release. I am truly surprised that they are still around just proves that crime pays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Alliance BOX Crate And Pallet Apr 19 ratcliff13 1
News Landlord accused of hitting tenant with car, la... Apr 8 mare 1
News Assistant Coach Accused Of Sexual Assault Mar '15 dezzy79 1
Woman with mental illness stashed in jail: 'Cru... Feb '15 desi 1
Debate: Immigrants & K-12 - Independence, OR (Dec '11) Jan '14 freedom of the il... 4
Debate: Marijuana - Independence, OR (Jan '13) Aug '13 Rebecca 12
Coral Theill vs Marty Warner (Aug '12) Dec '12 Kerusso_1 6
More from around the web

Independence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]