Independence Mo., Church Raided, Man Arrested on Federal Weapon...

Full story: Fox4KC

Jackson County Sheriff's deputies raided an Independence church Monday night after a year-long investigation.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of367
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lindsay Schaeffel

Independence, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

Thank God they finally got him and an end can finally be put to all of this. God answered my prayers.
PizzaPete

Blue Springs, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Why can't the correct street name be used? It's on Kentucky Road at the intersection of Jennings.
concerned neighbor

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

I agree it's about time they catch him. I just hope everyone involved comes forward. But that SOB away for a long time.
Jessica

Greenwood, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Actually they did use the correct address it's on North Jennings Road not at Kentucky and Jennings! I live a few houses away from this place and have not known anything about any of this! Kind of scarey. They were stopping cars from going down the road last night making sure they didn't have anything to do with the Church as I was on my way to K-Mart. Hope they get this all taken care of I have faith that Jackson County Sheriff's will not stop until all involved are taken care of. Thank you to the Sheriff's that have put forth the effort in this matter. Specially all the Sheriff's that were there last night that I know! You are amazing thanks for protecting me, my family, my neighbors, and my county!
Jessica

Greenwood, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

PizzaPete wrote:
Why can't the correct street name be used? It's on Kentucky Road at the intersection of Jennings.
It is not at the intersection of Kentucky and Jennings actually it is right on Jennings Road.
Indepmogal

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Concerned neighbor and Lindsay, Is he a bad man? I have heard HORRIBLE things about him but found it interesting that people actually posted about it. From the sounds of it Lindsay, God did answer your prayers and I pray that he continues to help you through whatever may have happened to you.
Jessica

Greenwood, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

So can anyone tell me why your saying it's about time they caught him? I have lived a few houses down like I said for over 4 years now and have never heard anything about this man or the Church or anything?
Russ

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

That man cost me my relationship with my mother and sisters over the last 17 years. He is a bad man! I am a Chritian, and dared to stand up to him and was quickly "cut off" from contact with the rest of my family, who were members there. He is a serious controller, and leads by fear. All who have been hurt by him should come foward, and I beleive they will!
Erin B

Independence, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Jessica ~ the truth will be out soon enough.

Russ ~ he cut alot of ppl off from their family and has ruined many lives. I hope as well, they all come forward.
allhope

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

The police have been after him for years. He has abused weman and child for many years. I know first hand. People that have left the church have been to scared to file charges against him, because of what he might do. He may seem pleasant to your face but if you ever crossed him he would come after you. Let's just hope the charges stick and the truth comes out
C KCMO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

I was trapped that church for many years and that evil man ruined countless lives, destroyed families, and struck fear in the heart of anyone near him. His insanity knows no bounds and I hope he rots in jail!!!!!!!!
Abraham Fiers

Harrison, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

I'm glad to hear he's in jail. All of those years of physical and emotional abuse almost made me commit suicide. I know im not the only one and im very sorry for the others. He ruined my relationships with my sisters and brother and made me feel like I was worthless. He always talked bad about my father(whom passed away in September of 2007) and told me I was gonna be a failure like him. He deserves to rot in jail for life. He's ruined thousands upon thousands of lives and scarred others like myself. I can never forget what he did to me and how he made me feel. I just pray that justice is served.
KNOWLEDGE

Overland Park, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

This poor excuse for a human has caused many problems for many people, he is abusive and the farthest thing from a pastor, he is insane and i hope he rots. I know alot of people that have had thier lives ruined because of him. He isnt running a church. ITS A CULT!
Indepmogal

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Abraham, I hope you find a way to make it to this man's trial once he has it!! The more people who stand up to him the more leverage they will have to put and keep him in jail. Anyone who can harm a child the way this man has, needs to be punished. The more things come out about what him and other's whom have helped him, people will have a better understanding of why you are so hurt. My prayers are with you.
Brad Hart

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

I hope these delusional people are that way because they are christians and not because they are from my home state. I love the way monsters are always called nice people who you wouldn't have thought would hurt a fly. Of course both Timothy McVeigh and Jeffery Dahmer's neighbors said the same thing...
oinonio

Branford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Perhaps this incident should cause folks to question the purpose of religion. When the one held up as a moral example turns out to be anything but, and this happens time and again, then perhaps it would be better for all to do without.
Indepmogal

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Judged:

Brad Hart wrote:
I hope these delusional people are that way because they are christians and not because they are from my home state. I love the way monsters are always called nice people who you wouldn't have thought would hurt a fly. Of course both Timothy McVeigh and Jeffery Dahmer's neighbors said the same thing...
These are not Christians!!! These are relgious people who claim their own God, their own rules and have not a single ounce of humanity in them. Just because they are from a church does not make them Christians. I agree with you to the fact that people say "he was a nice church going man. He could never hurt a fly" well go ask the children that he molested and the others whom he has made their lives a living hell. Again, the BTK killer was a deacon at his church, Boyscout leader and a father, his own WIFE had no idea that he was a monster.. Yet, we all still say "he's a lovely person, wouldn't ever hurt anyone".. It's a crying shame.
religiousnut

Lenexa, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

oinonio... there will always be people like you waiting in the wings to spread your negativity... ever person makes mistakes! I'm not agreeing at all with this man's life, and I hope he pays for everyone of his choices. But you don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. How many people have been helped and healed by churches!!!! I'm sorry so many people suffered at the hand of this man, but evil men don't make all 'religion' bad! Hopefully now these people will get to experience what a real church, with a good man as pastor is like!
allhope

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

To Brad Hart.

When you are born into something you have no choise until you come of the age to try to do something about it. Sometime you lose a lot in the process, like family and friends. It is not about just religion and being a Christian, it is having the truth come out about someone that has been doing bad things for over thirty years. You have not right to speak if you don't know what goes on. It is very sad when people use Religion as an accuse, but not in this case
Russ

De Soto, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Indepmogal, #1, I think Brad was referring to the people in the video, #2, we can't judge the hearts of the congregation, as they appear to be victims of this man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of367
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Independence Discussions

Search the Independence Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 14 min REAL AMERICAN PATRIOT 95,021
Review: Mokan Steaks (Jun '13) 3 hr Nick 27
Boozefighters MC (May '13) 9 hr Independent 9
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr toomanymistakes 18,494
Martinous Woods-TAZ (Dec '09) 20 hr ceynn81 18
MO Missouri Proposition B: The Puppy Mill Bill (Oct '10) Thu layback 6,894
looking for a guy that worked/still works at P.... Wed Veracruzana 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Independence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••