Metro Doctor Working in Haiti Still Missing After Quake

Full story: Fox4KC 48
A metro pediatrician working with poor women and children in Haiti is still missing since the devastating earthquake which hit the nation earlier in the week. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
templeman4

Liberty, MO

#1 Jan 15, 2010
I sincerely hope that Dr. Frank Vaughters is found soon in Haiti and as healthy as ever. A very good and decent man, the reports his fiancee mentions that he is alive and working in a clinic lift my spirits. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Terri DeLany

Oak Brook, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2010
The report of him being alive has also lifted my spirits. My thoughts are with Ms Therio and all who are close to him. Dr Vaughters was my three boys' pediatrician since their births. They are now 22, 24, and 27. My stepdaughter came to live with us when she was 8, and she was also under his care. When my insurance changed and Dr Vaughters was placed out of my network, I chose to not switch to another doctor. He is an excellent pediatrician and I have the utmost respect for him for the work he does outside of the Kansas City area. Cross your fingers, pray, or do whatever it is you do, to help bring him home (or to at least learn that he is safe)!
Sara Clayton

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2010
Dr. Vaughters we all are praying for your safe return to home.. You are a wonderful doctor to many families here in the metro.. Marge you and your family are in everybodys prayers.
Suzanne Fristoe

Overland Park, KS

#4 Jan 16, 2010
We are praying for your safe return Dr. Vaughters. He has been my children's doctor for their entire lives. You could not ask for or find a better person to care for your children! You are a wonderful man and pediatrician. I pray God is with you.
Ronnetta Pruitt

Omaha, NE

#5 Jan 16, 2010
Dr.Vaughtrs is my 2 girls Dr. We are praying for his safe return. The people in Haiti needs him so lets keep praying he is doing what he love to do! God Bless him.
Toy and Tyeree

Kansas City, MO

#6 Jan 16, 2010
Dr. Vaughters have been in our family for generations. We are hoping for a safe return and will pray for the family's endurance.
Aris Moon and Family

Kansas City, MO

#7 Jan 16, 2010
Dr. Vaughters has been my family's pediatrician for over twenty years. Our prayers and thoughts go out for his safe return to KC. We know and understand how important his work is to him so we hold tight to the belief that he is safe and delivering aid to so many affected by this tragic act of nature. Dr. Vaughters has taught my children to always look at the larger picture. With that in mind we pray for the safty of all who have fallen victim to this horrible event and all those coming to thier aid.
Alison Roepe

Topeka, KS

#8 Jan 16, 2010
Frank became a friend of mine well over 30 years ago when he first asked me to do graphics to help raise money for this passion that he continues to serve. He has been one of the dearest hearts to mine, and I am holding the belief that you are alright Frank, safe and sound. So many people love you, Frank. You are such a fine man. Please come home.
Kirie

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2010
This is just awful
Heather Seth Canzoneri

Leawood, KS

#10 Jan 17, 2010
Our prayers are with you and will continue until you return home safe. My son Seth and I want to come and find you ourselves, we are devastated by and news. You have been my son's pediatrician for 18 years and we think of you as part of our family.
We know you will be return safe and sound.
Susan Sandusky Atl GA

Loganville, GA

#11 Jan 17, 2010
Frank was our boys Doctor and our friend. 28 years ago he saved our son Scotts life. We have moved and lost track several years ago. I thought of you when the quake occurred, I remembered you started going to Haiti when our children were very young. We prayed for you today at church. I hope that you are working very hard in Haiti today.
PV GIRL

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2010
What do you mean about the report of him being alive? Where did you hear that?
Ladonna Jackson

Kansas City, MO

#13 Jan 17, 2010
Our continuing prayers are with Dr. Vaughters, Marge, and all who care for him. We truly hope you are still making the difference in the lives of those in need where ever you are throughout all of the destruction. We also pray that you will be able to come back home safely after your job is done there.
Dr. Vaughters has been my childrens' pedi all of their lives as well as my, now 2 year old granddaughter. Dr. Vaughters is a passionate and dedicated about his work with people and their health.
Marge, like you, we can only go on the hope and pray that he will come back to you. Keep the faith.

Ladonna and Family
Nancy Williams

Blue Springs, MO

#14 Jan 17, 2010
My family has been apart of Baby Child and Assoc. and Dr. Vaughters for 23 years. He was a jewel to find to take care of my kids. I'm not surprised he is there. You could always count on a certain time he was gone to help others. Our prayers are going up for him and all the survivors in Haiti
Jerry in OP KS

Lenexa, KS

#15 Jan 17, 2010
I am praying Frank is safe. I met him at church 25 years ago. He is the soul of generousity. He told me he looked at Haiti and asked himself what he could do to provide the greatest benefit to the most people from his efforts. Helping the poor women living in terrible conditions in a slum became his passion and mission. I am sure God's blessing goes with him wherever he is.
Shanea Lee KC

United States

#16 Jan 17, 2010
We love you Dr.Vaughters and we are praying for your return..When know God is able!
Lori

Cedar Rapids, IA

#17 Jan 17, 2010
Dr Vaughters is also my children's peditrican for the last 16 years. My children are stunned at the possibility that he will not come home. I am stunned and shocked. We are praying for him to come home soon to all the people, his fiancee his family and all of us who are his extended family.
Brenda Withers

Prairie Village, KS

#18 Jan 17, 2010
Dr. Frank Vaughter of course has been my grandchildrens doctor for 15 years. He is as all
have said committed to good health care for children. Most children are a little afraid of Doctors he was the kind of doctor that children loved. He also repected our medical decission of alternative treatment without blood. My Oldest daughter prayed that Jehovah keep him in his care and that one of her fellow spirtual sister or brother would come in contact with him and give him
confort from the Bible of a brighter future for all
when Rev. 21: 3,4 when all death and pain will be done away with.
If he is one that doesn't surrive that Jehovah would remember him in the paradise and bring him
back to life.
Anne Bloos

Smithville, MO

#19 Jan 18, 2010
Dr. Vaughters has been my boys' pediatrician since we've lived in Kansas City. We know him to be a kind, intelligent, and skillful physician and now we're finding out he had this bighearted philanthropist side to him as well. We're thinking of him with admiration and affection and hoping to hear good news soon. Our hearts go out to those of you who knew him well and loved him.
Nicole

Shawnee, KS

#20 Jan 18, 2010
I'm praying that after your work is done you make it home safe, happy and in good health! Peace to you and your loved ones!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Son of God 3 hr Son of God 1
Hope you don't win world series 4 hr Royals suck 1
remove slanderous post from Topix NOW 9 hr Ronny 10
Sung Woo Lee will return for Game 1 of the Worl... 10 hr Paco Pinto 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Cry Baby 19,374
help 18 hr jgreen83 1
Hardly anyone will talk about what happened to ... 19 hr Dee 1
Independence Dating
Find my Match

Independence Jobs

Independence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Independence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Independence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]