Aiding feral cats: Humane or horrendous?

Jan 21, 2013 Full story: The Kansas City Star 8

Feral cats are typically fearful around humans, but the Jazz Colony cats know their volunteer caregivers.

Full Story
HJW

Espanola, NM

#1 Jan 21, 2013
I worked hard to redomesticate my 18 month old half-feral stray cat with severe behavioral issues in 2009. 3 years later, she is more loving, sophisticated, well-behaved than many people's cats purchased from cat breeders.
joan

Kansas City, MO

#2 Jan 21, 2013
ihav one lso ,so sweet.
Reality4Fools

Maywood, IL

#3 Jan 22, 2013
The TNR CON-GAME

FACT: Trap & Kill failed because cats cannot be trapped faster than they exponentially breed out of control.

FACT: Trap, Neuter, & Release (TNR) is an even bigger abject failure because these man-made ecological disasters cannot be trapped faster than they exponentially breed out of control, and they also continue the cruelly annihilate all native wildlife (from the smallest of prey up to the top predators that are starved to death), and the cats continue to spread many deadly diseases that they carry today -- FOR WHICH THERE ARE NO VACCINES AGAINST THEM. Many of which are even listed as bioterrorism agents.(Such as Tularemia and The Plague -- Yes, people have already died from cat-transmitted plague in the USA. No fleas nor rats even required. The cats themselves carry and transmit the plague all on their own.)

FACT: THERE IS ABSOLUTELY _NOTHING_ HUMANE ABOUT TNR. Nearly every last TNR'ed cat dies an inhumane death by road-kill, from cat and animal attacks, environmental poisons, starvation, dehydration, freezing to death, infections, parasites, etc. And if very very lucky humanely shot to death or re-trapped and drowned (the two most common methods employed on all farms and ranches to protect their gestating livestock's offspring and valuable native wildlife dying from cats' Toxoplasmosis parasites). This doesn't begin to count the thousands of defenseless native animals that cats skin alive and disembowel alive for their daily and hourly play-toys. The only difference in destroying cats immediately and humanely instead of trapping, sterilizing, then releasing them to an inhumane death; is that money isn't going into an HSUS or SPCA board-member's pocket, veterinarian's pocket, cat-food company CEO's pocket, or a drug-company CEO's pocket. And that's the ONLY difference!

FACT: Cats are a man-made (through selective breeding) invasive species. And as such, are no less of a man-made environmental disaster than any other caused by man. Cats are even worse than an oil-spill of continent-sized proportions. They not only kill off rare and endangered marine-mammals along all coastlines from run-off carrying cats' Toxoplasma gondii parasites, they destroy the complete food-chain in every ecosystem where cats are found. From smallest of prey gutted and skinned alive for cats' tortured play-toys, up to the top predators that are starved to death from cats destroying their ONLY food sources.(Precisely what cats caused on my own land not long ago.)
Reality4Fools

Maywood, IL

#4 Jan 22, 2013
FACT: Hunted To Extinction (or in this case, extirpation of all outdoor cats) is the ONLY method that is faster than a species like cats can exponentially out-breed and out-adapt to. Especially a man-made invasive species like these cats that can breed 2-4X's faster than any naturally occurring cat-species.

FACT: In _TWELVE_YEARS_ Alley Cat ALL-LIES of NYC have only reduced feral cats in their own city by 0.08% to 0.024%(as the months go on that percentage becomes more insignificant), allowing more than 99.92% to 99.976% to exponentially breed out of control. Here's how Alley-Cat-ALL-LIES' deceptive math works: If you TNR 4 cats and 3 get flattened by cars this translates to 75% fewer feral-cats everywhere. Alley Cat ALL-LIES can't even reduce cats in their own city, yet they promote it as a worldwide solution. Then even bigger fools fall for it and promote it.

FACT: When researching over 100 of the most "successful" TNR programs worldwide, JUST ONE trapped more than 0.4%. Oregon's 50,000 TNR'ed cats (the highest rate I found) is 4.9% of all ferals in their state. Yet, by applying population growth calculus on the unsterilized 95.1% they will have trapped only 0.35% of all cats in their state sometime this year. Less than 0.4% is a far cry from the required 80%-90% to be the least bit effective.

FACT: Their mythical "vacuum effect" is a 100% LIE. A study done by the Texas A&M University proved that any perceived "vacuum" is just the simple case that CATS ATTRACT CATS. Get rid of them all and there's no cats there to attract more. I proved this myself by shooting and burying hundreds of them on my own land. ZERO cats replaced them FOR 3 YEARS NOW. If you want more cats, keep even one of them around, more will find you. That university study also found that sterilized cats very poorly defend any territory. Non-sterilized cats, being more aggressive, take over the sterilized cats' resources (shelter & food if any). If there is any kind of "vacuum effect" at all, it is that sterilizing cats cause non-sterilized cats to restore the reproductive void.

FACT: During all this investigation I have discovered something that is unfaltering without fail. Something that you can bet your very life on and win every last time. That being -- IF A TNR CAT-HOARDER IS TALKING THEN THEY ARE LYING. 100% guaranteed!
Reality4Fools

Maywood, IL

#5 Jan 22, 2013
Contrary to claims made in that article, they're an even WORSE idea out in the country. Due to unsterilized cats, and idiot cat-lovers who wanted to set up little rural cat-retirement villages by me, the problem got so out of hand that they had literally annihilated all the native wildlife on my lands. From top predator to the smallest of prey. No owls, no hawks, no fox, no raccoons, no frogs, no snakes,... you name it, the overpopulation of cats destroyed it. Then add in those morons living in urban areas who are trying to dupe people into dumping their urban feral and stray cats into rural "barn cat" programs because they are too spineless and heartless to destroy the cats by themselves. And you've got the perfect-storm for cats out of control in rural areas. Contrary to these deceptive cat-lickers, stray and feral cats NEVER stay where they have been relocated to.

It is precisely because of all this dumping, overbreeding, and idiot cat-lickers in my area that I had to eventually shoot and bury HUNDREDS of these invasive species vermin. While it was great to teach me that I had marksman skills I never knew I had, I hope I NEVER have to go through that nightmare again. At least when cleaning a septic tank it only takes a day and you know when it's over. When cleaning your lands of cats it's a bloody mess and you never know when you're done.

The ONLY thing that anyone does by proposing to dump more cats out in the country, sterilized or not, is adding to rural residents' shooting quotas. There's enough cats in rural areas that have to be shot to keep them in control without criminally irresponsible urban cat-dumpers adding to our ammo costs and wasting our valuable time having to destroy their cats for them.

Please change your thinking on this problem concerning rural cats being a good idea (and anyone else who even remotely thinks sending their unwanted cats to the country is a "good idea"). I still have lots of rounds from the 5000 I bought just to get rid of the last cats, but I'd rather not have to waste any more of them on cats. It took 2 seasons to eradicate every last cat last time. Don't waste more of my, nor anyone else's, life that way. Relocating cats is just as disrespectful and irresponsible as the person that relocated them to your own backyard in the first place. Make the problem end on your land, just as I ended the problem on my land where I live. I, for one, know that NO CAT will EVER leave my land and ever become a problem for any other living thing on earth, ever again. Please be just as respectful, considerate, and responsible in return. I did my part, now you do yours.

Then too, even with 5000 rounds of .22s a close-out sale for only $15,$0.003 per cat is more than ANY cat will ever be worth!
Reality4Fools

Maywood, IL

#6 Jan 22, 2013
I think the worst part of all, anyone associated with TNR aren't adhering to the mandatory REQUIRED BY LAW SIX-MONTH QUARANTINE for any animal when harvested from the wild and intended for any sector of the pet-trade. This is why rabid kittens are now being adopted direct from shelters without the REQUIRED BY LAW 6-MONTH QUARANTINE (Like this one for example, Google for: rabid kitten adopted wake county) The 10-14 day holding period for bite & scratch cases is ONLY meant to see if they were infectious at the time of the incident, but DOES NOT IN ANY WAY prove that that cat does not have rabies. The incubation period for rabies can be (on average) from 21 to 240 days. And in some cases as much as 11 months. One rare case being 6 years. This is why when you take your pet to another country they MUST quarantine your pet for a MINIMUM of 6 months to be relatively sure (not 100% certain) that you are not bringing rabies into their country. Giving a rabies shot to an animal that already has rabies and has not been quarantined for AT LEAST 6 MONTHS FIRST does NOTHING to ensure that that animal does not have rabies!

But these TNR advocates, and the veterinarians and shelters and local government "officials" that support them? EACH AND EVERY ONE IS IN *DIRECT**VIOLATION* OF WELL-ESTABLISHED *NATIONAL* & *INTERNATIONAL**LAW*. They ALL need to be sued -- fast, hard and so deep that they never recover from it.

Now add on top of that that anyone who feeds these cats is training them to approach humans for food (contrary to them always claiming feral cats run from humans). What happens to the child or foolish adult that reaches down to pet or try to pick up that now seemingly friendly "cute kitty"? The wild animal lashes out and bites or scratches the hand that has no food for them.

Google for: feral cat attack rabies

Don't be surprised at the number of search-hits you get or the horrendous stories that go with them. The number of suspected rabies cases and the then required mandatory rabies shots for each individual costing them well over $1000 out of their own pockets, has been growing as exponentially fast as cats breed. Ask a cat-feeder to pay for your shots and lost work-time and suffering? Neither they, nor shelters, nor the local government who supports TNR carry ONE PENNY of liability insurance for the deadly dangers they are bringing to their communities by allowing them to feed and TNR stray cats. Two recent reports even document rabid cats entering a home through their pet-door and one even came through their ceiling searching for human-supplied foods -- one attack so bad it required hospitalization for the family.

Let's make 2013 the year where ALL aspects of TNR are ILLEGAL nationwide. It's the only solution.
joan

Kansas City, MO

#7 Jan 22, 2013
bull,
STINKCAT

UK

#8 Jan 22, 2013
Reality4Fools wrote:
FACT: Hunted To Extinction (or in this case, extirpation of all outdoor cats) is the ONLY method that is faster than a species like cats can exponentially out-breed and out-adapt to. Especially a man-made invasive species like these cats that can breed 2-4X's faster than any naturally occurring cat-species.
FACT: In _TWELVE_YEARS_ Alley Cat ALL-LIES of NYC have only
Everyone is aware of this "FACT" that you're barmy, keep begging 4 attention Psycho. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doggie DNA Tests Reveals Pooch's Past (Mar '10) 5 hr doggie mama 21
Waterpark employees kick woman out after she re... (Jul '13) 12 hr DILF 974
Review: King Towing LLC 17 hr Amie 2
Comcast-TWC merger worries, outrages consumers (Feb '14) Sun yungsolo88 53
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Bently 19,559
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Sat smh 27
School punishes blind child by taking away cane... Dec 18 timber41usA 1
Independence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web