Anyone watching the Jodi Arias Trial? Thoughts?

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Curious

Shawnee, KS

#1 Mar 2, 2013
I am curious to hear what people out there think of Jodi Arias and if she is going down or if the jury is getting sucked in by her?
Observed

Independence, KS

#2 Mar 2, 2013
Curious wrote:
I am curious to hear what people out there think of Jodi Arias and if she is going down or if the jury is getting sucked in by her?
After watching O.J. and Casey Anthony get off I am afraid to even speculate.
Nut case

Independence, KS

#3 Mar 2, 2013
Jodi Arias is a nut case. She attracted men with her sweetness and other parts of her body, but soon she turned into a nasty, jealous, and revengeful shrew, just like she turned into one when the prosecutor was asking her questions.(She also could drive a man nuts with all her pickiness.)

In some of those last photos when Travis was still alive, he look terrified. I wonder if she had a gun on him and told him to turn around in that shower. That's when she stabbed him with the knife. He was able to get away, but soon the wounds made him fall and he died. That's when she shot him in the head. Then, for good measure, she slit his throat.

I think the cross examination showed that she is a liar and can stand up for herself very well. She is not abused. The autopsy showed overkill - there was no reason to shoot him and slash his throat when he was already mortally wounded and couldn't have hurt her if he wanted to.

I'm a woman and as things stand now, I would convict her without a second thought. The thing that scares me are all the polls that say a lot of woman sympathize with her. Who are these crazy women!?!?! Maybe they need to ask themselves how they would have felt had their brother, son, etc. been the victim. Hope the jury has more common sense or she will be the next inductee into the American Justice Hall of Shame with OJ and Casey.
Curious

Shawnee, KS

#4 Mar 2, 2013
Observed wrote:
<quoted text>After watching O.J. and Casey Anthony get off I am afraid to even speculate.
I know what you mean!!
unsure

Chanute, KS

#5 Mar 2, 2013
I think she's guilty. I think it was her parents' gun. But I'm afraid she won't get what she deserves.
Nut case

Independence, KS

#6 Mar 2, 2013
She always assigns or makes up symbolism about things (like the irises she sent to Travis's grandmother after his death). Can't you just see her holding a gun on Travis and telling him to turn around in the shower? Once his back was turned, can't you almost hear her saying, "You stabbed me in the back with all your affairs, now see how you like to be stabbed in the back." (Stab...stab...stab...etc.) She is 100% evil. She wasn't crying because she killed Travis, she was crying because she was finally revealed for the out-of-control, insane, lying woman she was. I hope she fries.
imho

Howard, KS

#7 Mar 2, 2013
I'm so glad that others are watching this case....she is GUILTY GUILTY and she deserves to die for what she did to Travis!!!!! She is so fake and such a disgrace to women who are really battered!
Nut case

Independence, KS

#8 Mar 3, 2013
imho wrote:
I'm so glad that others are watching this case....she is GUILTY GUILTY and she deserves to die for what she did to Travis!!!!! She is so fake and such a disgrace to women who are really battered!
You are so right-she is a disgrace to women who are really battered. I wish they could find her guilty of that, too.

I heard they found the gun she used hidden away in the rental car she used on her murderous road trip. They haven't introduced it yet, but they need to. Has anyone heard if the prosecution is going to introduce in the redirect portion of the trial? I thought it would be powerful for the prosecutor to introduce it near the end of the trial as an example of one last, but REALLY big Jodi Arias lie.

What's everyone's opinion of the prosecutor?
Curious

Shawnee, KS

#9 Mar 3, 2013
Nut case wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right-she is a disgrace to women who are really battered. I wish they could find her guilty of that, too.
I heard they found the gun she used hidden away in the rental car she used on her murderous road trip. They haven't introduced it yet, but they need to. Has anyone heard if the prosecution is going to introduce in the redirect portion of the trial? I thought it would be powerful for the prosecutor to introduce it near the end of the trial as an example of one last, but REALLY big Jodi Arias lie.
What's everyone's opinion of the prosecutor?
I think he did a good job on the last day. I think the tears if there really were any weren't for Travis but for herself.
I do wish the judge would have told her to answer the damn questions and stop dancing around every answer. Her smug little attitude changed a lot on the last day. I just hope there is not that one juror that feels sorry for her!
Nut case

Independence, KS

#10 Mar 3, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he did a good job on the last day. I think the tears if there really were any weren't for Travis but for herself.
I do wish the judge would have told her to answer the damn questions and stop dancing around every answer. Her smug little attitude changed a lot on the last day. I just hope there is not that one juror that feels sorry for her!
I agree with you about her not answering the questions. All the prosecutor had to say was, "Judge, would you please instruct the witness to answer my questions?" The fact that he didn't made me wonder if he wanted the jury to see just what kind of sneaky, conniving, trickster she really was. Maybe he will use that in his closing arguments.

Since: Aug 11

Independence, KS

#11 Mar 3, 2013
I just keep thinking back to the Casey Anthony trial when it was just almost a sure thing for most of us that she would be found guilty - and she wasn't. We see all this stuff and hear quite a bit of facts and opinions that the jury will not have access to until after the trial.

An example is the video of Travis shooting with friends that was given to a show and not to the persons connected to the trial. Apparently there were requests for the video after it was aired.???

I firmly believe that she planned this waaaay before she got to his house and I think the evidence that has so far been presented and the testimonies clearly show this. Just hoping that the jury sees it that way too. 1st degree premeditated with the death penalty.

Why death? I believe that in prison she will become "Miss Congeniality" and fit right in to prison society. Have you seen her "friend" Donovan? Thought it was a male but seems to be a female and she speaks of "our" hopes and plans. Same song for Jodi just different people and place.

Just my opinion and very happy not to be on that jury.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12 Mar 3, 2013
She is clearly insane but quite intelligent, and she had Juan Maritnez very frustrated several times. They both think they are smarter than they really are.
I would like to see her spend the rest of her pathetic life in a cell thinking about what she did so that one day she can be truthful about what really happened and
what was really going through her mind when she decided she was going to kill Travis.
Curious

Shawnee, KS

#13 Mar 3, 2013
Nut case wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you about her not answering the questions. All the prosecutor had to say was, "Judge, would you please instruct the witness to answer my questions?" The fact that he didn't made me wonder if he wanted the jury to see just what kind of sneaky, conniving, trickster she really was. Maybe he will use that in his closing arguments.
That makes sense! I hope the jury does see through her. They should she is very transparent in my opinion!
Curious

Shawnee, KS

#14 Mar 3, 2013
KS Kathy wrote:
I just keep thinking back to the Casey Anthony trial when it was just almost a sure thing for most of us that she would be found guilty - and she wasn't. We see all this stuff and hear quite a bit of facts and opinions that the jury will not have access to until after the trial.
An example is the video of Travis shooting with friends that was given to a show and not to the persons connected to the trial. Apparently there were requests for the video after it was aired.???
I firmly believe that she planned this waaaay before she got to his house and I think the evidence that has so far been presented and the testimonies clearly show this. Just hoping that the jury sees it that way too. 1st degree premeditated with the death penalty.
Why death? I believe that in prison she will become "Miss Congeniality" and fit right in to prison society. Have you seen her "friend" Donovan? Thought it was a male but seems to be a female and she speaks of "our" hopes and plans. Same song for Jodi just different people and place.
Just my opinion and very happy not to be on that jury.
I agree with you, but if they give her the death penalty she will most likely be in prison the rest of her life, they never seem to put them to death they are on death row for an eternity!
Nut case

Independence, KS

#15 Mar 3, 2013
She is either a sociopath or or psychopath which is why she has no empathy for other people. What normal person would make up all those filthy lies about someone (like her claims Travis was interested in little boys) and that he controlled her? NO ONE could control that crazy nut case. I don't see how Travis's family members have been controlling themselves while listening to that bunch of bull. If my dead brother was being maligned like that, I think I would have been tempted to do everyone a big favor and take care of Jodi in a matter of seconds instead of the state taking care of her in a matter of decades and decades and decades. Anyone that finds her innocent is just as crazy as she is because the facts don't stack up against her lies.
word

United States

#16 Mar 3, 2013
No
Hate Her

Independence, KS

#17 Mar 4, 2013
She makes Casey Anthony look like a saint!! Pure evil and what an ego!! I pray to God that jury is on to her!!!
Ms Canada

Nanaimo, Canada

#18 Mar 5, 2013
You picked up on the signs & symbolisms too huh? Another one that I haven't heard another mention about is when she spoke of the Iris flowers she so coldly sent Travis' Grandmother after she basically cut the guys head off!! She said how they talked about baby names, and Iris was one for a girl (the man wouldn't even hold her hand in public, I highly doubt he talked about baby names. She said Iris, Megan, Reagan, & Hinckley (stopping and smirking "I was a little taken back when he liked the name Hinckley, because it's a last name) Hmmmm....WELL is this just another little "clue" she is sending out to everyone to see if they pick up on the fact that Reagan & Hinckley were chosen baby names. Didn't Hinckley try to assassinate Regan, and now he is trying to get out of prison as well?!? It;s as if she thinks everyone is stupid around her, and she is brilliant. I do NOT think the baby names were just a coincidence...I think she is far more dark, twisted, and sick that we thought!
Nut case

Independence, KS

#19 Mar 5, 2013
What offends me the most is that Jodi can get up there and spew all her lies about Travis (like the iris lie) to save her neck, but he can't respond to them SINCE SHE MURDERED HIM. Yesterday, the defense presented some new evidence meant to support her case. Since it is re-direct, the prosecutor isn't supposed to get to ask her any more questions. However, I guess under Arizona laws, if the defense presents new evidence during re-direct, the judge CAN ALLOW the prosecution to ask questions about that new evidence. I hope the prosecution asks and the judge agrees to let him question her some more. It would only be fair to Travis. I still can't believe some women and men are sympathetic to her. They need to get their brains checked ASAP. I never thought about the Reagan and Hinckley thing - I hope the jury does. Thanks for mentioning it.
Disgusted

Brick, NJ

#20 Mar 5, 2013
If she gets away with this I'll never watch another trial. I hope the jury is more perceptive than some on past juries. Her finger was broken but she was able to write in her diary with the same handwriting because she's ambidextrous?? Has she given a writing sample with her right hand? Not only did she slaughter him but has no conscience and is proceeding to try to slaughter him yet again. His poor family has to put up with her lies. She is pure evil and when I watched the video of her singing a hymn in prison (I could only watch for a few seconds).... chills ran up and down my spine. The Devil's daughter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chihuahua.. 12 min Puppy hunt 1
Ghetto 2 hr UMadBro 12
bad girl 2 hr this isnt tulsa 6
Independence Chamber of Commerce 2 hr former republican 27
Who are the best landlords in Indy (Dec '12) 4 hr Mrs G 34
Chinese Chef 12 hr go fourit 9
This guy does something bad 17 hr Revolution Calling 1
Police Scene Fri balllover 36
Independence Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Independence People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Independence News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Independence

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:57 am PST

Yahoo! Sports10:57AM
Murray breaks Smith's Cowboys run mark
Yahoo! Sports11:08 AM
Redskins DT Chris Baker misses tackle, celebrates anyway (Video)
ESPN11:21 AM
Murray, Bryant both set Cowboys records
NBC Sports11:25 AM
Chiefs take 16-7 lead, Justin Houston has two sacks
CBS Sports12:05 PM
Chiefs' Justin Houston breaks Derrick Thomas' single-season sack record