What questions would ask commission c...

What questions would ask commission candidates at forum?

Posted in the Independence Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Tweedle Dee

Aransas Pass, TX

#1 Feb 14, 2013
What's one thing you would do that would really help Indy and the people who live there?
hajahaja

Independence, KS

#2 Feb 14, 2013
What is 2+2?
answer

Aransas Pass, TX

#3 Feb 14, 2013
hajahaja wrote:
What is 2+2?
that's easy
the number of buildings the commission is going to buy and turn into rentals this week OR the number of people sitting at the commission table that need to be given there walking papers.
Zeke

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2013
I would like to hear from Ned. If things do not go your way on the commission, will you hire a lawyer and sue the city? This seems to be your operating system. Why would we hire you knowing it will cause more litigation in the future.

If you do sue, will you give up right before the decision goes against you?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Wonderment

United States

#5 Feb 14, 2013
I would ask Ned if he is running for city commission because he is unhappy with his well-deserved demotion.
I would ask Mr. Caflisch if he as an axe to grind because he has never been deemed worthy of city architecture contracts.
I would ask Roger Powell if he would have to call a recess every 30 minutes so he can go out and take a smoke.
I would ask Tony Holmes if he will continue to represent the common, working man or woman in Independence.
I would ask Phillip Chappuie if he can be quiet long enough to listen.
I would ask Fred Meier if he would show the same fiscal restraint he fought for in his previous job.
I would ask Tim White if he will remove himself from any discussion or consideration of anything to do with purchasing or selling property within the city limits.
duh

Aransas Pass, TX

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Zeke wrote:
I would like to hear from Ned. If things do not go your way on the commission, will you hire a lawyer and sue the city? This seems to be your operating system. Why would we hire you knowing it will cause more litigation in the future.
If you do sue, will you give up right before the decision goes against you?
Inquiring minds want to know.
yeah we'd rather have a commissioner that doesn't obey federal rules like ADA so we get hosed, ignores what taxpayers want,spends money like a drunken wildman, does whatever brother micky tells him to including letting him create a job so he can have his personal snitch, lets the town go to h*ll, buys a bunch of buildings to rent out or sit around doing nothing and raise our taxes again to pay for them, and a million other worthless things.
Tweedle Dee

Aransas Pass, TX

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Wonderment wrote:
I would ask Ned if he is running for city commission because he is unhappy with his well-deserved demotion.
I would ask Mr. Caflisch if he as an axe to grind because he has never been deemed worthy of city architecture contracts.
I would ask Roger Powell if he would have to call a recess every 30 minutes so he can go out and take a smoke.
I would ask Tony Holmes if he will continue to represent the common, working man or woman in Independence.
I would ask Phillip Chappuie if he can be quiet long enough to listen.
I would ask Fred Meier if he would show the same fiscal restraint he fought for in his previous job.
I would ask Tim White if he will remove himself from any discussion or consideration of anything to do with purchasing or selling property within the city limits.
I don't know Tony Holmes. Does he really represent the common ans working people? If he does I think he's someone we need to balance out things. Don't know about Fred Meier. People that know him says he's a lot liberal which makes me wonder if he would give us more of what we've already had. We don't need that.
sky walker

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2013
I would like to ask the candidates as well as the current city "powers to be" how safe was it to have two city workers putting up a new sign standing in the bucket of a tractor? Funny if employees are mowing,working on trash truck,picking up leaves,etc. they have to wear helmets. Doesn't the city still have the bucket truck?
whatever

United States

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Don't think it really matters. Understand city hall has already picked "their men".
Ralph

Aransas Pass, TX

#10 Feb 14, 2013
whatever wrote:
Don't think it really matters. Understand city hall has already picked "their men".
This is why we all need to vote and pick "our men."
Please

Independence, KS

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Is someone pocketing the city tax money and where is it going? Not to the city. Nothing gets fixed. A lot like that woman that said the city was broke and she was building a big horse ranch with it for 20 years.
Please

Independence, KS

#12 Feb 14, 2013
Will you change the city manager and get this city back on track?
Potholes

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Feb 14, 2013
What about the potholes? Will Main Street and all the other potholes in town get fixed?
Cahill

United States

#14 Feb 14, 2013
I would like to ask the candidates why they think the city is redoing sidewalks that are already ADA compliant? I have seen several around town being torn up and rebuilt that are already handicap accessable! we are sure saving taxpayer dollars there! And why isnt the city looking for more things to save money on instead of finding more things to spend money on? As all of us have had to tighten our belts why not the city with our tax dollars?
Please

Independence, KS

#15 Feb 14, 2013
What happened to the money you were given to fix west main years ago and spent it on other things? Hear you have to pay it back or fix the street and that is what this last tax is going to do.
Please

Independence, KS

#16 Feb 14, 2013
sky walker wrote:
I would like to ask the candidates as well as the current city "powers to be" how safe was it to have two city workers putting up a new sign standing in the bucket of a tractor? Funny if employees are mowing,working on trash truck,picking up leaves,etc. they have to wear helmets. Doesn't the city still have the bucket truck?
That was really stupid and OSHA would have a good time with that picture.
How true

Aransas Pass, TX

#17 Feb 14, 2013
Please wrote:
Will you change the city manager and get this city back on track?
If we want things to get better this needs to be done.Hope the next commission will take a look at what little he's done to hlep this place and find a go getter to replace him. Can anyone even name one thing he's done? ADA doesn't count because that was rammed down his throat by the government.
Subscriper

Aransas Pass, TX

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
That was really stupid and OSHA would have a good time with that picture.
The newspaper said about $1/2 million had been paid out in workers comp the last few years.Guess we know why we're paying through our noses for workers comp.City should know better.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#19 Feb 14, 2013
OSHA requires fall protection equipment for anything over 6 feet off the ground. If the platform they were standing on is more than six feet off the ground then either they need fall protection harnesses or safety rails of a certain height.

Was this the case?

If it wasthe case, then the on-site supervisor should be reprimanded for placing the persons he supervises at risk and for placing the city at risk for fines and compensation claims.
santorum

Ingleside, TX

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Subscriper wrote:
<quoted text>
The newspaper said about $1/2 million had been paid out in workers comp the last few years.Guess we know why we're paying through our noses for workers comp.City should know better.
Would you support medical insurance and other benefits for the same-sex domestic partners of any city workers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Retail Exodus From Downtown Continues 8 hr Just Some Thoughts 4
Relocating to Cherryvale from California 13 hr super great people 23
Why is Webb Silent of Issue of City Hall??? 15 hr come on 18
Failure Only Option 15 hr SassynSweet 3
Computer Generation/Radio Shack Closing 16 hr Just Saying 24
219 Days Until Sorry Obama Gone 17 hr nutso 17
The Rothschilds, Frankists, and the Satanic Mov... (Sep '11) 18 hr Is It You 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages