Independence Animal Hospital Vs. Bart...
lizardhoarder

Ingleside, TX

#22 Apr 5, 2011
there's alway something out there to bitch about, think god any of the vets previously mentioned was willing to take on any of you rude talking people as clients cuz it sounds like you're nothing but a waste of space, oh, now I've stooped to your level, see what you do. they are all great vets. doctor barta was the only one that would try to save my parvo dog, none of the others said he had a chance, he also let me make payments. and now the dog is five years old. thanks doc.
i go to dr bolten for my lizards in independence at the animal hospital, and took my pig to cherryvale, no complaints from any. and i wonder what the other places would smeell like with a monkey, oh wait they don't have one
Vet Assistant

United States

#23 Apr 18, 2011
I worked as a vet assistant at IAH, and TLC. Both establishments are very clean, and the staff at both hospitals care very much for animals. All pets are treated with respect and kindness as well as their owners. I have also done business with Barta Animal Hospital as well as Cherryvale Vet Clinic. Most vets in this area are very well qualified for routine vet care. However some do specialize in other areas. Such as TLC offers Ultrasound and digital xray (you can even get a copy of your pets xrays). IAH offers a hydraulic tilt chute for cattle work. My best suggestion is take your pet in for a routine wellness check and see how you and your pet are treated and make your decision from there.
SEK Granny

Vinita, OK

#24 Apr 19, 2011
Vet Assistant wrote:
I worked as a vet assistant at IAH, and TLC. Both establishments are very clean, and the staff at both hospitals care very much for animals. All pets are treated with respect and kindness as well as their owners. I have also done business with Barta Animal Hospital as well as Cherryvale Vet Clinic. Most vets in this area are very well qualified for routine vet care. However some do specialize in other areas. Such as TLC offers Ultrasound and digital xray (you can even get a copy of your pets xrays). IAH offers a hydraulic tilt chute for cattle work. My best suggestion is take your pet in for a routine wellness check and see how you and your pet are treated and make your decision from there.
Thank you! I too have worked as a Vet Tech. All of the vets in this area are good. Our pets are treated by Dr. Barta. He and his staff are warm caring people. We would go to IAH if needed. they are nice too. IAH does have the best prices on Science Diet pet foods anywhere. In the years we have we have taken our fuzzies to Dr. Barta we have had to say goodby to four. No fault of our Vet. Just old age and accidents. Barta and staff helped us get through the hard parts and always send wonderful cars after.
lolo

United States

#25 Apr 19, 2011
SEK Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I too have worked as a Vet Tech. All of the vets in this area are good. Our pets are treated by Dr. Barta. He and his staff are warm caring people. We would go to IAH if needed. they are nice too. IAH does have the best prices on Science Diet pet foods anywhere. In the years we have we have taken our fuzzies to Dr. Barta we have had to say goodby to four. No fault of our Vet. Just old age and accidents. Barta and staff helped us get through the hard parts and always send wonderful cars after.
He put down a few of our animals and never gave me a car.
My opinion

Wichita, KS

#26 Apr 21, 2011
I had a bad experience with Barta. Had I trusted his judgement that nothing could be done, my dog would have died. Dr. Epp at Indy Animal Hospital saved her. That was years ago though. I love Dr. Epp, but Caney Vet Clinic is actually my favorite vet. She is very sweet, very caring, very knowledgeable, and VERY reasonably priced. She is more of a country vet and doesn't have as much technology wise, so has to refer you elsewhere for x-rays and such, but for everything else, Carmen is terrific!
Fluffy and Kong

Parsons, KS

#27 Apr 26, 2011
I have taken my wife's cat and my dog to both places because of convenience and immediate necessity. I am hear to say that both are excellent and Independence is extremely lucky to have two vets who are so kind and professional.

Since: Jun 11

Independence, KS

#28 Jun 10, 2011
Ripper69 wrote:
Well I wouldn't take a dead animal to Barta's. He is stupid! If you want a Great vet then go to TLC in Cherryvale. They are so awesome with all pets and Rhonda is a God Send to animals.
Took my dog there. She is strictly an indoor dog (has a health issue). Picked her up and she was limping. Next day the skin on her paws was peeling!! Found out one of the gals there took her out and put her in an outdoor run. I think that they must have cleaned the cement with bleach or something. Ended up taking her to Dr. Epp. Both paws peeled and she was in alot of pain. Would never take her to TLC again....especially after the "attitude" I got there when I called to tell of her problem.
Stan

Wimberley, TX

#29 Jun 11, 2011
kalaniks wrote:
<quoted text>
Took my dog there. She is strictly an indoor dog (has a health issue). Picked her up and she was limping. Next day the skin on her paws was peeling!! Found out one of the gals there took her out and put her in an outdoor run. I think that they must have cleaned the cement with bleach or something. Ended up taking her to Dr. Epp. Both paws peeled and she was in alot of pain. Would never take her to TLC again....especially after the "attitude" I got there when I called to tell of her problem.
I'm sorry that you had a problem, and that you got "attitude". I hope that you didn't get that "attitude" from the Dr. Could you please call, ask to speak with the Dr., and explain your feelings. It might be too late to change your opinion, but it would certainly help to be aware in order to avoid future problems. If the Dr. is unavailable when you call, leave your name and number and ask to have her or myself call you back.

Thanks!

Since: Jun 11

Independence, KS

#30 Jun 11, 2011
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you had a problem, and that you got "attitude". I hope that you didn't get that "attitude" from the Dr. Could you please call, ask to speak with the Dr., and explain your feelings. It might be too late to change your opinion, but it would certainly help to be aware in order to avoid future problems. If the Dr. is unavailable when you call, leave your name and number and ask to have her or myself call you back.
Thanks!
I DID speak with the Dr. It is over now.....but I will not take my beloved little dog someplace where she comes back hurt. Thanks for caring though.
Red Head

Austin, TX

#31 Jun 15, 2011
Independence Animal Hospital for sure. :)
Red Head

Austin, TX

#32 Jun 15, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
Both of them are great. Let's not start a mudslinging contest here.
Just FACTS !
IndyLife

United States

#33 Apr 24, 2016
Ripper69 wrote:
Well I wouldn't take a dead animal to Barta's. He is stupid! If you want a Great vet then go to TLC in Cherryvale. They are so awesome with all pets and Rhonda is a God Send to animals.
What about birds? I know I'm late but I just found this forum :p
IndyLife

United States

#34 Apr 24, 2016
Do either of them offer bird service, I know barta carries "bird medicine" but can they actually analyze and diagnose birds? Will be making calls but figured I'd get the customer input first..THANKS!
Pet Owner

Independence, KS

#35 Apr 25, 2016
IndyLife wrote:
Do either of them offer bird service, I know barta carries "bird medicine" but can they actually analyze and diagnose birds? Will be making calls but figured I'd get the customer input first..THANKS!
If I were you, I'd start with Dr. Bolton at Independence Animal Hospital. She's a terrific vet. When you call to make the appointment be sure to ask for her since there are two vets there. Hope things go well for you and your pet.
Not anonymous

Chanute, KS

#36 Apr 25, 2016
Smelly Place wrote:
I really don't care if it's the Monkey, BUT I cannot stand the disgusting SMELL at Dr. Bartas. HAS always stunk. Honestly I Do Not Know how anyone ever works there. NEVER smells at Indy Animal Hospital. Never! Another smelly place is AWOL . There are many ways to eliminate the odors. Don't need to hear any B.S. from anyone Thank You very much......
You opened yourself up to hearing "B.S." by posting this crap. And the poster above me is right -- your breath probably smells worse than any animal care facility.
Not anonymous

Chanute, KS

#37 Apr 25, 2016
Snapper wrote:
All the vets in the area are fine. If you started this thread to find a reputable vet, all in the area are fine. You just have to understand that the LCD gets on here. Much to much.
He didn't start this thread to find a reputable vet. He started it so that the slandering could begin as it always does when threads like these are started. It's been reported and hopefully this dumbass thread will be removed.
Pet Owner

Independence, KS

#38 Apr 25, 2016
Not anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

You opened yourself up to hearing "B.S." by posting this crap. And the poster above me is right -- your breath probably smells worse than any animal care facility.
My mother took her dog to Barta's. Every time I went with her, the place had a overwhelming smell of dog poop. It was horrible. One thing my mother liked was that when she boarded her dog, the dog was always freshly bathed when she went to pick her up. I always wondered if the dog was freshly bathed because of the conditions he may have been living in while being boarded.

Go to any other reputable vet's office - even the very busiest ones - and you won't persistently find that kind of foul odor. That's because a reputable office works like crazy to keep that kind of foul odor under control. I've never noticed it at Independence Animal Hospital. That's one reason I take my pet there.
Just a thought

Frisco, TX

#40 Apr 26, 2016
Pet Owner wrote:
<quoted text>

My mother took her dog to Barta's. Every time I went with her, the place had a overwhelming smell of dog poop. It was horrible. One thing my mother liked was that when she boarded her dog, the dog was always freshly bathed when she went to pick her up. I always wondered if the dog was freshly bathed because of the conditions he may have been living in while being boarded.

Go to any other reputable vet's office - even the very busiest ones - and you won't persistently find that kind of foul odor. That's because a reputable office works like crazy to keep that kind of foul odor under control. I've never noticed it at Independence Animal Hospital. That's one reason I take my pet there.
Apparently your mother was comfortable leaving her dog with
Dr Barta, and he was nice enough to be sure her dog was
returned clean.

You sound like a snob, and if you were so concerned, why didn't you
offer to watch your mothers dog while she was gone?

Indepencence is fortunate to have not only one, but two great
vets, and they could have jumped ship like so many other
businesses have.

Maybe you guys need to quit while you're ahead.
Pet Owner

Independence, KS

#41 Apr 26, 2016
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>

Apparently your mother was comfortable leaving her dog with
Dr Barta, and he was nice enough to be sure her dog was
returned clean.

You sound like a snob, and if you were so concerned, why didn't you
offer to watch your mothers dog while she was gone?

Indepencence is fortunate to have not only one, but two great
vets, and they could have jumped ship like so many other
businesses have.

Maybe you guys need to quit while you're ahead.
My mother took her dog to Dr. Barta's because her mother took her pets there (that's the way some older people reason). I never tried to get her to change vets because I always felt if she wanted to go to Dr. Barta's that was her choice.

I didn't offer to watch my mother's dog when she was gone because I went with her. When I didn't go with her, I did watch her dog so it didn't have to go to Dr. Barta's.

I'm not a snob, but rather someone who respected my mother and wanted her to make her own choices. If you want to see someone who's a snob with a nasty attitude, take a good look in the mirror.
Eight

Independence, KS

#42 Apr 26, 2016
Never took our pets to Barta, figured since he was such a lousy neighbor he wouldn't be someone to take an animal to. Very pleased with Drs. Epps and Bolton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Property Tax Increase 8 hr ghost town coming 45
Mickey is Hiding City Hall Remodeling Proposal 10 hr ghost town coming 1
219 Days Until Sorry Obama Gone 12 hr GTT 41
Thoughts on women who breast feed using it as a... 14 hr Hater 12
Tony Ellis Snitches on KC 20 hr vigilant justice 6
doctor doctor give me the news 22 hr cherryvale resident 23
Schmitt VS Peck Wed Jarhead 13

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance