21 - 32 of 32 Comments Last updated Jun 15, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

Coffeyville, KS

#21 Sep 19, 2010
Ripper69 wrote:
Well I wouldn't take a dead animal to Barta's. He is stupid! If you want a Great vet then go to TLC in Cherryvale. They are so awesome with all pets and Rhonda is a God Send to animals.
I have been taking my 4 legged babies to Barta for years!!! He is an awesome vet. Would not want to take them anywhere else. He is compasionate and very caring. I do not know any thing about Inep Animal hosp! Barta is the BEST!
lizardhoarder

Independence, KS

#22 Apr 5, 2011
there's alway something out there to bitch about, think god any of the vets previously mentioned was willing to take on any of you rude talking people as clients cuz it sounds like you're nothing but a waste of space, oh, now I've stooped to your level, see what you do. they are all great vets. doctor barta was the only one that would try to save my parvo dog, none of the others said he had a chance, he also let me make payments. and now the dog is five years old. thanks doc.
i go to dr bolten for my lizards in independence at the animal hospital, and took my pig to cherryvale, no complaints from any. and i wonder what the other places would smeell like with a monkey, oh wait they don't have one
Vet Assistant

United States

#23 Apr 18, 2011
I worked as a vet assistant at IAH, and TLC. Both establishments are very clean, and the staff at both hospitals care very much for animals. All pets are treated with respect and kindness as well as their owners. I have also done business with Barta Animal Hospital as well as Cherryvale Vet Clinic. Most vets in this area are very well qualified for routine vet care. However some do specialize in other areas. Such as TLC offers Ultrasound and digital xray (you can even get a copy of your pets xrays). IAH offers a hydraulic tilt chute for cattle work. My best suggestion is take your pet in for a routine wellness check and see how you and your pet are treated and make your decision from there.
SEK Granny

Vinita, OK

#24 Apr 19, 2011
Vet Assistant wrote:
I worked as a vet assistant at IAH, and TLC. Both establishments are very clean, and the staff at both hospitals care very much for animals. All pets are treated with respect and kindness as well as their owners. I have also done business with Barta Animal Hospital as well as Cherryvale Vet Clinic. Most vets in this area are very well qualified for routine vet care. However some do specialize in other areas. Such as TLC offers Ultrasound and digital xray (you can even get a copy of your pets xrays). IAH offers a hydraulic tilt chute for cattle work. My best suggestion is take your pet in for a routine wellness check and see how you and your pet are treated and make your decision from there.
Thank you! I too have worked as a Vet Tech. All of the vets in this area are good. Our pets are treated by Dr. Barta. He and his staff are warm caring people. We would go to IAH if needed. they are nice too. IAH does have the best prices on Science Diet pet foods anywhere. In the years we have we have taken our fuzzies to Dr. Barta we have had to say goodby to four. No fault of our Vet. Just old age and accidents. Barta and staff helped us get through the hard parts and always send wonderful cars after.
lolo

United States

#25 Apr 19, 2011
SEK Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! I too have worked as a Vet Tech. All of the vets in this area are good. Our pets are treated by Dr. Barta. He and his staff are warm caring people. We would go to IAH if needed. they are nice too. IAH does have the best prices on Science Diet pet foods anywhere. In the years we have we have taken our fuzzies to Dr. Barta we have had to say goodby to four. No fault of our Vet. Just old age and accidents. Barta and staff helped us get through the hard parts and always send wonderful cars after.
He put down a few of our animals and never gave me a car.
My opinion

Wichita, KS

#26 Apr 21, 2011
I had a bad experience with Barta. Had I trusted his judgement that nothing could be done, my dog would have died. Dr. Epp at Indy Animal Hospital saved her. That was years ago though. I love Dr. Epp, but Caney Vet Clinic is actually my favorite vet. She is very sweet, very caring, very knowledgeable, and VERY reasonably priced. She is more of a country vet and doesn't have as much technology wise, so has to refer you elsewhere for x-rays and such, but for everything else, Carmen is terrific!
Fluffy and Kong

Independence, KS

#27 Apr 26, 2011
I have taken my wife's cat and my dog to both places because of convenience and immediate necessity. I am hear to say that both are excellent and Independence is extremely lucky to have two vets who are so kind and professional.

Since: Jun 11

Independence, KS

#28 Jun 10, 2011
Ripper69 wrote:
Well I wouldn't take a dead animal to Barta's. He is stupid! If you want a Great vet then go to TLC in Cherryvale. They are so awesome with all pets and Rhonda is a God Send to animals.
Took my dog there. She is strictly an indoor dog (has a health issue). Picked her up and she was limping. Next day the skin on her paws was peeling!! Found out one of the gals there took her out and put her in an outdoor run. I think that they must have cleaned the cement with bleach or something. Ended up taking her to Dr. Epp. Both paws peeled and she was in alot of pain. Would never take her to TLC again....especially after the "attitude" I got there when I called to tell of her problem.
Stan

Canyon Lake, TX

#29 Jun 11, 2011
kalaniks wrote:
<quoted text>
Took my dog there. She is strictly an indoor dog (has a health issue). Picked her up and she was limping. Next day the skin on her paws was peeling!! Found out one of the gals there took her out and put her in an outdoor run. I think that they must have cleaned the cement with bleach or something. Ended up taking her to Dr. Epp. Both paws peeled and she was in alot of pain. Would never take her to TLC again....especially after the "attitude" I got there when I called to tell of her problem.
I'm sorry that you had a problem, and that you got "attitude". I hope that you didn't get that "attitude" from the Dr. Could you please call, ask to speak with the Dr., and explain your feelings. It might be too late to change your opinion, but it would certainly help to be aware in order to avoid future problems. If the Dr. is unavailable when you call, leave your name and number and ask to have her or myself call you back.

Thanks!

Since: Jun 11

Independence, KS

#30 Jun 11, 2011
Stan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you had a problem, and that you got "attitude". I hope that you didn't get that "attitude" from the Dr. Could you please call, ask to speak with the Dr., and explain your feelings. It might be too late to change your opinion, but it would certainly help to be aware in order to avoid future problems. If the Dr. is unavailable when you call, leave your name and number and ask to have her or myself call you back.
Thanks!
I DID speak with the Dr. It is over now.....but I will not take my beloved little dog someplace where she comes back hurt. Thanks for caring though.
Red Head

Austin, TX

#31 Jun 15, 2011
Independence Animal Hospital for sure. :)
Red Head

Austin, TX

#32 Jun 15, 2011
Just Sayin wrote:
Both of them are great. Let's not start a mudslinging contest here.
Just FACTS !

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lay Offs 20 min The Gander 34
What is it with realtors? 1 hr indy 81
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) 2 hr Colormegone 206
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? 2 hr Colormegone 194
Delinquent tax list 3 hr irritated 31
Riverside auto affairs 5 hr duh 9
Stadium grand opening 7 hr merm 4
Nice newspaper articles 8 hr ghost town coming 14
new city commissioner Wed Reply 62
•••
•••
•••

Independence Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000