icc host debate for usd-446/icc trust...

icc host debate for usd-446/icc trustee/indy city comm.

Posted in the Independence Forum

wally515

Neodesha, KS

#1 Mar 17, 2013
Dan, where is the link to submit questions to the candidates? is there going to be a limt to the questions from the audiance or ones submitted on the link on ICC web site?
wally515

Neodesha, KS

#2 Mar 17, 2013
Taxpayer

Independence, KS

#3 Mar 17, 2013
Again, ICC is showing its respect for taxpayers by letting them ask candidates the questions THEY want answers to. I need to pick one more candidate to vote for but I'm not sure where he stands on one very important issue. This forum may give me a chance to get the answer and make an informed decision.

Thanks, Dr. Barwick, for letting taxpayers ask questions, instead of some group that receives a lot of money from the city every year and only asks a bunch of largely worthless, non-controversial questions. We can only hope that the newly-elected USD 446 board and city commission will take some lessons from your style of managing our tax dollars and answering our important questions.
What now

United States

#4 Mar 17, 2013
I would like to know why Chubb is running again. He said he would not. 16 years is too many.
taxmenomore

United States

#7 Mar 19, 2013
I submitted two!
taxpayer too

Ingleside, TX

#8 Mar 19, 2013
What now wrote:
I would like to know why Chubb is running again. He said he would not. 16 years is too many.
He's become part of the problem.
Insider

United States

#9 Mar 20, 2013
Chubb speaks with forked tongue. Don't trust him has a lawyer, as a school board member, as city attorney, or anything else. Also, he just has a mean streak.

Do NOT give him another four years.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#10 Mar 21, 2013
<bump> Have you submitted your questions for the candidates yet?

I damned sure have...
Clem

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2013
I submitted my questions today. I really liked that we have this opportunity. Dr. Dan, thanks for doing this - the taxpayers appreciate the opportunity to give input so conveniently.
Jayhawk

United States

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Nice to see a debate that isn't rigged in favor of the status quo. I trust and appreciate Dr. Dan.
Eucalyptus

United States

#13 Mar 21, 2013
I just went an submitted a question. I think it's fantastic. I used to go to the debates when they were always in the civic center. Never liked them. Couldn't hear, didn't know where the questions came from. The people at ICC have changed everything. The debates are now in a good place where you can see and hear everything. Now WE can ask the questions too - power to the people! And now ICC has even taken over the debates for all the local elections, not just their own board. How did that happen?? I've never met the president of ICC, but he's doing something right.

Since: Oct 10

Independence, Kansas

#14 Mar 24, 2013
<bump>

Deadline for submitting questions for the debate is midnight Sunday...

http://www.indycc.edu/debate

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2017 Election Results 26 min Quilter lady 67
City to purchase land for $250,000 6 hr Eight 4
Full Time City Treasurer/Accounting Clerk Position 10 hr this aint tulsa 4
Indy Pile of Crap Reporter (Oct '15) 10 hr this aint tulsa 138
Borovetz catching up 12 hr gtc 3
Trump lies again and again and again 13 hr WTF 13
Cherryvale is the Neodesha of Montgomery County 22 hr Altoona 18

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance