Whatwasthat

Kansas City, KS

#1 Mar 16, 2013
Anyone hear the explosion and sirens around 430 today on the north side of town?
Slug

Lenexa, KS

#2 Mar 16, 2013
You mean the duck your head. Wtf. Bang louder than any gun I've ever heard?...yep. Looked everywhere for a smoke plume. But no dice. We asked around and someone mentioned a quarry blast being a possibility. But I'm not convinced. That was too loud for being in a quarry 5 miles away. We didn't hear any sirens...
As usual

Sharon, KS

#3 Mar 17, 2013
Funny how things like that happen around Indy n it just gets swept under the mat. I heard it to. It was very loud, although I thought it sounded more from the southerly direction. I havnt read the paper today, but am doubtful that there are any mentions of it. Typical.
IMHO

Kirksville, MO

#4 Mar 17, 2013
I heard the loud boom, sure sounded like an explosion rather than a sonic boom or something of the sort. As soon as I heard it I turned the scanner on and heard the police get dispatched to the Sycamore golf course because the owner was pointing a gun at a women.
Minnie

Ingleside, TX

#5 Mar 17, 2013
Could the sound have been Micky blowing a gasket?
Taxpayer

Independence, KS

#6 Mar 17, 2013
Minnie wrote:
Could the sound have been Micky blowing a gasket?
I heard there was massive gridlock from people racing to West Myrtle Street hoping the city's buildings had all blown up. The sound was probably the corks coming out of Micky's and the three back-stabbers' bottles of champagne, celebrating the fact they've fixed that dump so no one but the city will be interested in the top floors. Maybe after the election we'll hear another big boom ejecting Micky from his city manager's seat (as soon as we can get rid of him without having to pay him to leave).
stinker

Aransas Pass, TX

#7 Mar 17, 2013
I farted. Sorry to alarm everyone.
So what was it

Wichita, KS

#8 Mar 19, 2013
So, does anyone actually know what the boom was on Saturday? By the way, I was playing golf at Sycamore on Saturday afternoon, and there were no cop cars or sirens that showed up.(Pretty sure Binod did not point a gun at anyone or there would have been cops.)
Anyway, the boom was very loud even on the course. I heard it was very loud in town also. I'd just like to know how there can be such a loud noise, and no one seems to know. Was there anything in the paper?
bobby 357

United States

#9 Mar 19, 2013
I would suspect that what you heard was probably a exploding target( a patent compound of aluminum nitrate and tanerite) they sell them at cabellas,gander mountain,etc. They are very loud &depending on how many pounds the target is the louder and more powerfull they are so now you know.! Kaaboom!!!!
So what was it

Wichita, KS

#10 Mar 19, 2013
I know what tannerite is. Including how to spell it. Anyone know? or just more 'I suspect...'
Alex Jones

Coffeyville, KS

#11 Mar 19, 2013
Cessna has been making and testing Spy Drones specifically to be used on US Citizens. One crashed during landing and its all been hushed up.
Federal Express

United States

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Alex Jones wrote:
Cessna has been making and testing Spy Drones specifically to be used on US Citizens. One crashed during landing and its all been hushed up.
I would be careful making a post like that before you get a knock on the door. Even joking about a national security issue is not funny to some folks.
Bath Salts

Chanute, KS

#13 Mar 19, 2013
That isn't joking about national security! That is joking about the government using armed drones to be judge jury and executioner. Forget your 4th Amendment rights. BTW: Alex Jones...nice. LOL.
WTF

Fort Riley, KS

#14 Mar 19, 2013
national security is a joke thanks to that so called president
disagree

United States

#15 Mar 19, 2013
So what was it wrote:
So, does anyone actually know what the boom was on Saturday? By the way, I was playing golf at Sycamore on Saturday afternoon, and there were no cop cars or sirens that showed up.(Pretty sure Binod did not point a gun at anyone or there would have been cops.)
Anyway, the boom was very loud even on the course. I heard it was very loud in town also. I'd just like to know how there can be such a loud noise, and no one seems to know. Was there anything in the paper?
so how did he get arrested if there were no cops
So what was it

Wichita, KS

#16 Mar 20, 2013
Binod got arrested? Wow... had to have been after I left the course then
bobby 357

United States

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Watsthat thought you knew it all, you better hold on to those encyclepedias cause you must not know everything " i suspect" smaartasss!! HEARTHAT
So what was it

Wichita, KS

#18 Mar 20, 2013
An insult full of so many grammatical errors, and misspellings, isn't exactly a "zinger".
Have a nice day. Should you require further assistance with proofreading your posts, let me know.
WTF

Fort Riley, KS

#19 Mar 20, 2013
So what was it wrote:
An insult full of so many grammatical errors, and misspellings, isn't exactly a "zinger".
Have a nice day. Should you require further assistance with proofreading your posts, let me know.
the grammer police are here
Out of Towner

United States

#20 Mar 20, 2013
So what was it wrote:
Why it was none other than 'ole Francois Crabass coming back from Neodesha from eating at Somoc's! Gas you know! Huaaaaa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why is Webb Silent of Issue of City Hall??? 42 min Come on 13
Relocating to Cherryvale from California 2 hr Eight 22
South 19th street bust 4 hr bad Bitch 7
Writers for the Reporter Are Almost Incoherent 4 hr badwriting 5
what's up with Dave Morrison 5 hr Not my monkeys 9
leather houk 19 hr CheyenneMfDodge 4
Message To Micky Webb 23 hr FUNNY 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Independence Mortgages