Remember When in Independence, KS
spike

Tulsa, OK

#63 Jul 11, 2009
just a friend wrote:
<quoted text>Remember swimming at the city dam when you should have be
en in school.
Oh yeah I even got an award back at school for one swimming trip. I sure do miss those days.
spike

Tulsa, OK

#64 Jul 11, 2009

how about the old cement plant being haunted,with the dude cemented into the wall.

Since: Apr 09

Wichita, KS

#65 Jul 11, 2009
Anybody remember when Spanky Mcfarland one of the Little Rascals came to town, seems like he came to the Booth Theater on a firetruck for a preformance, don't remember anymore. How about Richard from the Booth Theater and the old theater before the Booth, think it was called the Beldorf ?
Homegrown

Independence, KS

#66 Jul 11, 2009
Used to stand in front of the window of the Dr. Pepper bottling company and watch the bottles of pop being filled, where the Kansas Food Bank is now!
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#67 Jul 11, 2009
Homegrown wrote:
Used to stand in front of the window of the Dr. Pepper bottling company and watch the bottles of pop being filled, where the Kansas Food Bank is now!
I worked there fresh out of high school.The old cement plant was called Lehunt there is a pick and a shovel marking the spot where the guy fell in the cement.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#68 Jul 11, 2009
spike wrote:
how about the old cement plant being haunted,with the dude cemented into the wall.
Remember how kids used to make club houses out of there garage.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#69 Jul 11, 2009
Didn't the coke plant use to be north or braums.The bread store on the corner of 10th and sycamore.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#70 Jul 11, 2009
Homegrown wrote:
I was there when the plant first introduced Sunkist orange that was a big deal.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#71 Jul 11, 2009
This is an old one the old gas station north of the railroad tracks on south 10th believe it was run by E.E. Snell.What about the bloody bucket on south 18th.
too young

United States

#72 Jul 11, 2009
wow, I didn't realize indy had so many little mom and pop restaurants back in the day... In what year(s) were all these here?
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#73 Jul 11, 2009
There was a car dealer beside the court house I believe my dad told me when Bonnie and Clyde where killed there car was on display there for a short period.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#74 Jul 11, 2009
delbert 3 wrote:
Anybody remember when Spanky Mcfarland one of the Little Rascals came to town, seems like he came to the Booth Theater on a firetruck for a preformance, don't remember anymore. How about Richard from the Booth Theater and the old theater before the Booth, think it was called the Beldorf ?
Now beldorf that was a while back.wasn't there a bowling alley on the west side of the independence museum.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#75 Jul 11, 2009
Anybody remember pick alow pete or greesy vetaw
spike

Tulsa, OK

#76 Jul 11, 2009
just a friend wrote:
<quoted text>Remember how kids used to make club houses out of there garage.
I can still remember A garage club house,
It had a wood burning stove,two sofas,one chair,carpet on the floor,stereo,and Alot of fun.

just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#77 Jul 11, 2009
spike wrote:
<quoted text>
It had a wood burning stove,two sofas,one chair,carpet on the floor,stereo,and Alot of fun.
Heaven on earth some would say.
spike

Tulsa, OK

#78 Jul 11, 2009
just a friend wrote:
Anybody remember pick alow pete or greesy vetaw
didn' old pick alow pete hang out at the poolhall on main street. can't help ya with the other one.
just a friend

Pass Christian, MS

#79 Jul 11, 2009
spike wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavy on the fun had a loft to remember
Cant Remember

Independence, KS

#80 Jul 12, 2009
just a friend wrote:
This is an old one the old gas station north of the railroad tracks on south 10th believe it was run by E.E. Snell.What about the bloody bucket on south 18th.
I remember the old gas station there. Had a really old guy pumping the gas, but cant remember his name. He was nice to all us kids though.
Believe it was on the se corner there just north of the RR tracks on s 10th.
Cant Remember

Independence, KS

#81 Jul 12, 2009
Anyone remember Quick Trip up on W Oak. Running in there after school for a few games of PAC MAN or Space Invaders (I think that was the other game)?
Grab a BIG coke and was good for a few hours :-)
Sometimes I think I spent more time in there than at home lol...
Cant Remember

Independence, KS

#82 Jul 12, 2009
Remember the HUGE green DINO the Dinasour that Sinclair gas station used to give away? Or maybe
it was free with a fill up ?
Cant remember where Sinclairs was though. Was it the old Kendricks gas station up there by the park on N Penn?
Anyone know?
And grabbing a cold coke out of the old red and white deep fridges for a coke?
LOL had to hunt for a bottle opener back then if the one on the side of the machine was broke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Independence Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Volunteer" and "Be part of the solution" is n... 58 min Answer 27
Another Micky Webb "Save My Job" Measure? 1 hr Answer 46
Will someone step forward? Thu Frank Crebase 43
Facts, Outrage, and Fears about City Spending Thu You Got It 31
Downtown occupancy and building maintenance Nov 30 Indy Gone 28
Bulldogs and Pirates show pride and grit Nov 29 Snatch 22
Another Tattoo Shop (Jul '09) Nov 28 breaking stupid 108

Independence Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance